elite

DeAndre Hopkins 2017 Season Outlook

15 minutes ago, rbug8 said:

The darkest of dark days ahead for Hopkins. Trade him before tomorrow's game while he still has value.

He has no value, only a baffoon would trade anything of worth to you for Hopkins, if you got sharks in your league, people will be offering zilch for Hopkins.. Its best to wait til after sunday, but most likely a lot of us will be stuck with him for the remainder of the season.

edit: i dont really mean 0 value but hes not getting you much in return, id say maybe a rb3?? We'll see after Sunday

Edited by CABLE87

I don't see how people are thinking you could sell high on Hopkins. Unless you have a taco in your league, everyone knows that Hopkins' numbers have been positively correlated to Watson's success. With Watson out, Nuk's value drops. You would be hard-pressed to sell high right now.

The Colts still have allowed the second-most yards to receivers and rank in the bottom ten for TDs and receptions allowed.

Goff: 306 yards, 1 TD

Palmer: 332 yards, 1 TD

Kizer: 242 yards, 2 TDs

Wilson: 295 yards, 2 TDs

Hoyer: 353 yards, 2 TDs

Mariota: 306 yards, 1 TD

Bortles: 330 yards, 1 TD

Dalton: 243 yards, 2 TDs

That's an average of 300 yards and 1.5 TDs allowed. He'll likely do fairly well tomorrow, and then you should sell for what you can.

1 minute ago, CABLE87 said:

He has no value, only a baffoon would trade anything of worth to you for Hopkins, if you got sharks in your league, people will be offering zilch for Hopkins.. Its best to wait til after sunday, but most likely a lot will be stuck with him for the remainder of the season.

Not entirely accurate. Just look at the savage thread, there are people in that thread semi optimistic about Savage. So those people play fantasy and you should target them in a trade before tomorrow's game. Because if you wait until Savage actually plays, too late.

I was able to package him up with Aaron Jones for Antonio Brown. Left me really thin at RB but I don't trust either player in the playoffs (if I'm fortunate enough to get there). Savage is anything but that. I do think Hopkins has a nice game this week with that very weak secondary. In the past, Savage has targeted Hopkins heavily, but targets don't mean squat if the throws are terrible. 

Just now, KingDingAling said:

I was able to package him up with Aaron Jones for Antonio Brown. Left me really thin at RB but I don't trust either player in the playoffs (if I'm fortunate enough to get there). Savage is anything but that. I do think Hopkins has a nice game this week with that very weak secondary. In the past, Savage has targeted Hopkins heavily, but targets don't mean squat if the throws are terrible. 

Nice trade you did the right thing there. If you waited until tomorrow it would have been too late for that trade. Although I do think Jones produces at rb1 value in 12 team non ppr leagues going forward 

Gambler's only: everyone is so down on Hopkins because of the Watson news that at this point it's probably progressed to overreaction territory. In the right scenario, he's a good buy low. 

1 minute ago, rbug8 said:

Nice trade you did the right thing there. If you waited until tomorrow it would have been too late for that trade. Although I do think Jones produces at rb1 value in 12 team non ppr leagues going forward 

I'm not so sure he produces RB1 numbers. I think it's going to be more of RB2 at best. Headley is just as bad as savage. And Jones has tough matchups pretty much every game going forward other than this week against Det. I'm excited about his potential and it was difficult parting with him, but that schedule makes me uneasy. 

No vontae now too

a high school quarterback could get Hopkins 100 yards tomorrow tbh

37 minutes ago, NyMetsfan5 said:

No vontae now too

a high school quarterback could get Hopkins 100 yards tomorrow tbh

Great news with whats been going on.

10 hours ago, CABLE87 said:

Vonta Davis will shadow Hopkins this sunday, any concerns??

I'm concerned for Vonta Davis

1 hour ago, rbug8 said:

The darkest of dark days ahead for Hopkins. Trade him before tomorrow's game while he still has value.

1 hour ago, CABLE87 said:

He has no value, only a baffoon would trade anything of worth to you for Hopkins

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Maybe you can trade Hopkins for Jordy Nelson but thats about it.

Actually lemme see:

You might be able to get:

Crabtree

Cooks

Hogan

Hill

Robby Anderson

Fuller

Agoholor

Richardson

Juju

Adams

Fitzgerald

Kearse

Benjamin.

If any of these guys you think will have a better half, you should do it before people see how bad or good Savage will be.

Edited by RustyMiller

3 hours ago, dschddny said:

Only sell if he somehow has a big week this week, then I agree 100%!

Trade deadline in my league passed this week, one day before Watson got hurt.

Doesn't matter really.  Wrs across the board are trash with the only exception being AB...maybe Thomas I guess.

I understand your concerns for the playoffs which is why you build as much depth, with the best WRs you can, so when something like this occurs, you have other solid options for future games especially the playoffs.  

1 hour ago, Bravesfan155 said:

I'm concerned for Vonta Davis

Davis isn't even playing. 

2 hours ago, RustyMiller said:

Maybe you can trade Hopkins for Jordy Nelson but thats about it.

Actually lemme see:

You might be able to get:

Crabtree

Cooks

Hogan

Hill

Robby Anderson

Fuller

Agoholor

Richardson

Juju

Adams

Fitzgerald

Kearse

Benjamin.

If any of these guys you think will have a better half, you should do it before people see how bad or good Savage will be.

what kind of list is this lol. cooks and kearse on same one, wild

2 hours ago, hines said:

what kind of list is this lol. cooks and kearse on same one, wild

Kearse, really?? Id rather keep him for that....

On 11/4/2017 at 4:58 PM, FlyingElvis said:

I don't see how people are thinking you could sell high on Hopkins. Unless you have a taco in your league, everyone knows that Hopkins' numbers have been positively correlated to Watson's success. With Watson out, Nuk's value drops. You would be hard-pressed to sell high right now.

The Colts still have allowed the second-most yards to receivers and rank in the bottom ten for TDs and receptions allowed.

Goff: 306 yards, 1 TD

Palmer: 332 yards, 1 TD

Kizer: 242 yards, 2 TDs

Wilson: 295 yards, 2 TDs

Hoyer: 353 yards, 2 TDs

Mariota: 306 yards, 1 TD

Bortles: 330 yards, 1 TD

Dalton: 243 yards, 2 TDs

That's an average of 300 yards and 1.5 TDs allowed. He'll likely do fairly well tomorrow, and then you should sell for what you can.

Ahem

6 receptions, 86 yards, 1 TD

So thankful he somehow managed to give me some points. Not expecting this to be the usual between Savage and Hopkins, though I do hope it is. 

2 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Sell?

I might try to tbh. I don't know if it is a good idea but with Savage at the helm... I feel 0% good about owning any Texan WR. 

Speaking of which, How is LA's defense actually? They mauled the Giants a bit, but that's the Giants....

Don't think I'll be able to start Evans next week so. Sigh