elite

DeAndre Hopkins 2017 Season Outlook

On 11/23/2017 at 10:16 AM, Members_Only_76 said:

Thats what I thought last week. Hope you're wrong but I'm nervous for him this week. 

On 11/23/2017 at 10:18 AM, ColoWrex said:

I hope I'm wrong too.  

This reminds me of wk 1 vs. the Jags D.  I think his production is going to hinge on getting a TD.

Pshhh

Imagine the numbers he would be putting up if he didn't get all those PIs.

His jersey at the end of the night was torn to shreds. lol.

He be in the discussion of top receivers if Watson was still playing. He's underrated vs Julio, AB, OBJ. 

6 hours ago, brosephd said:

He be in the discussion of top receivers if Watson was still playing. He's underrated vs Julio, AB, OBJ. 

Uhhh, he's been in that discussion for weeks now.  

2 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I think more accurately he will never have those monster 30 point games with Savage that those other guys have a chance of having every Sunday.

Right now, that's the only thing that's keeping them apart.

5 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

We had posters talking about benching him this week a page or two back.

10 minutes ago, atrium said:

We had posters talking about benching him this week a page or two back.

That's absurd... have y'all not watched him play all season?  He has as large a catch radius as anyone (including Julio), ridiculous hands, and great quickness in his routes.

Savage isn't a good QB, but he's proven that he:

#1) can move the offense (when he doesn't turn it over)

#2) will pepper Hopkins with targets, including in the red zone.

He may not have the potential for a 200+ yd game with Savage, but I'd still take him over Julio ROS because JJ has more competition in that offense (especially in the red zone), and frankly, I just think Hopkins may be a better player this season.

If Big Ben retires after this season, I think a case could be made for Hopkins to be the #1 WR off the board next year, assuming Watson's recovery goes well.

Oh no!  Hope this doesn't happen...PLEASE!!!

Texans coach Bill O'Brien said he will bench Tom Savage if he continues to commit so many turnovers.

"It has to get corrected," O'Brien said Tuesday. "If not, we'll have to go in a different direction." Savage has committed 12 turnovers in six appearances, including a mind-boggling seven lost fumbles. He lost a fumble and tossed two picks in Monday's loss to the Ravens while generating zero touchdowns. Savage has arguably been even worse than expected. The problem for Houston is that, unless they're willing to sign Colin Kaepernick, an upgrade won't be walking through that door. In-house "option" T.J. Yates would probably be worse than Savage.
Nov 28 - 3:13 PM

39 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Texans coach Bill O'Brien said he will bench Tom Savage if he continues to commit so many turnovers.

"It has to get corrected," O'Brien said Tuesday. "If not, we'll have to go in a different direction." Savage has committed 12 turnovers in six appearances, including a mind-boggling seven lost fumbles. He lost a fumble and tossed two picks in Monday's loss to the Ravens while generating zero touchdowns. Savage has arguably been even worse than expected. The problem for Houston is that, unless they're willing to sign Colin Kaepernick, an upgrade won't be walking through that door. In-house "option" T.J. Yates would probably be worse than Savage.

NO! NO! NO!

It's a lost season, Bill. Just keep Savage out there and let Hopkins rack up the stats

4 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

The person who wrote this is a true social justice  dumb azz.   Sure bud, Kaep will just come in week 13 and learn the offence instantly and be a better option than Savage.  There's a  better chance that he would protest playing after being named the starter before that happened.  

BLM YO!!!

19 minutes ago, Wavier JunKie said:

The person who wrote this is a true social justice  dumb azz.   Sure bud, Kaep will just come in week 13 and learn the offence instantly and be a better option than Savage.  There's a  better chance that he would protest playing after being named the starter before that happened.  

BLM YO!!!

that show first take STILL talks about Colin Kaepenick. He truly is a social activist, and a man of the people. /s

On 11/28/2017 at 4:06 PM, Chippa said:

It's a lost season, Bill. Just keep Savage out there and let Hopkins rack up the stats

Yeah, I mean what would be the point in changing QBs.  You already have your franchise QB for the next decade coming back next year, and you're not making the playoffs... just let Savage ride it out and get experience and he can be your backup when Watson returns.

There is no point having to talk about Hopkins. Regardless of the defense, regardless of the QB, regarldess of the situation, he is a top 10 WR every single week. He has proved he is un-guardable... like several years ago.

If Houston is behind, he will get looks. If Houston is ahead, they might just blow the lead and look for their X man. If you have him, you put him in your WR slot and do not even blink an eye the whole season. 

IMO Hopkins along with Brown and a Jones are a few that ... I don't even know why there are forum threads on these players. You know they are the best of the best and you WILL always start them regardless of anything.

Edited by imj0257

23 minutes ago, imj0257 said:

There is no point having to talk about Hopkins. Regardless of the defense, regardless of the QB, regarldess of the situation,

Mostly true. Last year I dropped him because Brock sank all ships.

1 minute ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Anyone consider benching him this week? I have him in two leagues, I have some solid guys on the bench.... I could move Allen from flex to starting and then put Collins in my flex in one league. In the other I could Start J Gordon and then move Hunt, Tate, or Funchess to my flex.... I love Hopkins but the matchup scares me a little. 

If you're looking to list your entire roster and then find people to tell you to bench the 2nd best WR in fantasy football, head to the AC Forum. I'm sure you'll find plenty of them there.

On 11/7/2017 at 10:17 AM, Lord_Varys said:

Easiest sell-high I've ever seen in my life.

He's the overall WR1 in fantasy.  Even after losing Watson, he had a very solid outing -- 14.6 standard ponits, 86 yards and a touch down.  But this was pretty fortunate considering the Colts are so, so awful on defense.  We got a temporary restraining order against the fantasy gods cruel hammer crushing down on us.

His value is never going to be as high as it is right now.  You know it's going to fall.  You know it is.  Week 15 and 16 is Jacksonville and Pittsburgh, too.

Every single flag indicating a player is a sell high, Hopkins has it.  This is not a hard decision.

Let this be a lesson to all of you to never listen to anything I say ever again.  

Being I had to trade him 4 weeks ago I have no horse in this race.  But I don't see how you can bench this guy.

4 hours ago, Lord_Varys said:

Let this be a lesson to all of you to never listen to anything I say ever again.  

I was of the same train of thought as you and traded him away in the two leagues I had him.

Sometimes mistakes are made, gotta roll with it.

Dudes a legit top 5 pick next year with Watson under center. Only other players I’d take ahead of him are Bell, DJ, Zeke, and AB 

21 minutes ago, BarbaricEric said:

How big of a hit does he take with Yates starting over Savage?

Looked like a bump in production, rather than a hit to me.