Rotoworld.com Forums

David Peralta 2017 Outlook

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, David Aames said:

will he start today against the lefty?

That's what i'm wondering too.  If so, I am seriously thinking about putting him in my lineup.

Just now, swnmkr12 said:

If he does start he'll hit 7th instead of 2nd. He hits 2nd vs RHP and 7th vs LHP. Also, DBacks mangaer said that most of Peralta's rest days will be when there is a lefty on the mound

That's the only down side to owning this guy.  He's not your everyday player like most hitters are.

18 minutes ago, Zerzavy said:

That's the only down side to owning this guy.  He's not your everyday player like most hitters are.

He is. He will start against a majority of LHP and bat 7th instead of 2nd. He gets normal days off like most players, and when he does rest it's going to be when they face a LHP

Edited by street sharks
11 minutes ago, street sharks said:

He is. He will start against a majority of LHP and bat 7th instead of 2nd. He gets normal days off like most players, and when he does rest it's going to be when they face a LHP

That's good to know!  Just wish he wasn't batting so low in the lineup on lefty days.

3 hours ago, Zerzavy said:

If he is in the lineup and puts up sub par numbers against lefties,  it's probably a nice option to put somebody else in anyway if you know he's on the bench.  

As long as he keeps smoking against righties, it's not a big deal for me.

46 minutes ago, Brooklyn Dude said:

If he is in the lineup and puts up sub par numbers against lefties,  it's probably a nice option to put somebody else in anyway if you know he's on the bench.  

As long as he keeps smoking against righties, it's not a big deal for me.

Agreed. That is how I am using Dickerson and how I plan to use Peralta when I (hopefully) get him on waivers.

Having players eligible multiple positions makes it easier to do this. I usually start Owings at SS but when Dickerson is out I shift Owings to OF and use Gyrko at SS. 

Just a shame that there are an unusually large amount of lefties in the NL West. I am glad I held my 1 share, but there are so many weeks that he sees 3 lefties and it makes it difficult. Still, as long as he's mashing it's nice-

1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Just a shame that there are an unusually large amount of lefties in the NL West. I am glad I held my 1 share, but there are so many weeks that he sees 3 lefties and it makes it difficult. Still, as long as he's mashing it's nice-

I wouldn't start him vs Kershaw and Bum anyway. The rest of the lefties suck, Ryu, Freeland, Anderson, Richard, Moore.  The other day when he sat vs Richard -- Deacalso played who's also lefty.  So he isn't in a strict platoon they said he'd rest semi regular after all the injuries last year.  Overall on season I bet you'll see him face about half the lefties he sees over the course of the year.

Edited by Cmilne23
On 4/25/2017 at 2:12 PM, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Sucks that he is only RF eligible, but I'll be picking him up for one of my bench spots. He's doing just swell. 

Are you in a 3 team league? He shouldn't be available anywhere now, no one can get him out.

1 hour ago, swfcdan said:

Are you in a 3 team league? He shouldn't be available anywhere now, no one can get him out.

The guy you quoted wrote that two days ago when Peralta was about 28% owned in ESPN leagues.  Today he's up to a whopping 33% ownership rate.

20 minutes ago, Von Hayes said:

The guy you quoted wrote that two days ago when Peralta was about 28% owned in ESPN leagues.  Today he's up to a whopping 33% ownership rate.

That actually surprises me.  I know most people that play fantasy baseball aren't as in tune to it as the regulars on the forum, but the guy's been raking.  

4 hours ago, street sharks said:

Just to reiterate what cmilne said because I keep seeing people think he is in a platoon  -

PERALTA IS AN EVERY DAY PLAYER AND WILL PLAY VS MOST LEFTIES

1) Not really, he's out of thenline-up more often v a lefty than not-

2) It really doesn't matter, because he's not likely to hit a lefty anyways, so he's better on the bench and being used late in game as PH