taobball

David Peralta 2017 Outlook

3 minutes ago, ArcaneCharge said:

I dunno.... He's turned into a complete platoon player. I'm considering dropping in a 10 team league because he's straight up only playing against righties.I'm not sure he's worth hanging on to for those specific matchups.

Yeah, I'm in a 15-teamer so looking at it through a different lens. I'd probably cut bait in a 10-teamer. 

Edited by absknicks

He was one of the hottest hitters in the league two weeks ago. Got sick at a bad time and now the manager's not giving him a chance to get going again. Stinks for him and his fantasy owners.

Yeah gotta move on in my weekly leagues. I think he'll be good this season but hes a straight platoon guy.There's more interesting upside on waivers in most 12 teamers.

Nono. not a great time to move on.

He's playing the next 7 games at chase field. Pitchers he's facing in those 7? Gerrit Cole, Glasnow, Trevor Williams, Nova, Wheeler, Milone, Harvey.

7 righties, if i'm not wrong, and there's no 'elite' pitching there. A couple of above average ones but nothing scary. If he doesn't produce in those 7 games, you can let him go with not much regrets. But you don't wanna let go now!

Edit: ok, I was wrong, Milone is a lefty. But after 5 straight games of beasting a slashline of 0.300/0.400/0.500 with 5 HRs 10 Runs and 15 Rbis, it seems like a good time to give him a rest.

Edited by rlaalsrb

On 5/10/2017 at 8:03 PM, rlaalsrb said:

Nono. not a great time to move on.

He's playing the next 7 games at chase field. Pitchers he's facing in those 7? Gerrit Cole, Glasnow, Trevor Williams, Nova, Wheeler, Milone, Harvey.

7 righties, if i'm not wrong, and there's no 'elite' pitching there. A couple of above average ones but nothing scary. If he doesn't produce in those 7 games, you can let him go with not much regrets. But you don't wanna let go now!

Edit: ok, I was wrong, Milone is a lefty. But after 5 straight games of beasting a slashline of 0.300/0.400/0.500 with 5 HRs 10 Runs and 15 Rbis, it seems like a good time to give him a rest.

Are you David Peralta?

33 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Are you David Peralta?

Was his info inaccurate?  Seemed pretty spot on to me.  And back to back games lacing doubles all over the yard. 

Nice game

Edited by whips02

Everyone. Just stop. I had to drop him due to DL arrangements and picking up closers and need to get him back at the start of next week. So let's just keep this our little secret. Thanks. 

26 minutes ago, Random Dude said:

Everyone. Just stop. I had to drop him due to DL arrangements and picking up closers and need to get him back at the start of next week. So let's just keep this our little secret. Thanks. 

actually, i think your drop might have been the reason for our recent success, please leave things as they are.. we've begun a streak and we need you to respect the streak.

26 minutes ago, osb_tensor said:

actually, i think your drop might have been the reason for our recent success, please leave things as they are.. we've begun a streak and we need you to respect the streak.

Don't take away from Mr. Peralta's achievements. I've been a long time supporter in here. He deserves the credit - not me. 

I'm back to my "own in all leagues" stance on Peralta after watching several of his at-bats over the past couple of days.  Dude seems to be back to full strength after his illness and is hitting the ball very, very hard.  In that park in a good lineup, I think he's gonna be an excellent OF4 the rest of the way...

This is pretty simple guys.  He plays when he can perform at his best.  You play him when he plays, especially at home against righties. You play someone else when he sits.  He's an ideal OF 4/5

6 hours ago, giggity said:

This is pretty simple guys.  He plays when he can perform at his best.  You play him when he plays, especially at home against righties. You play someone else when he sits.  He's an ideal OF 4/5

440723_orig.jpg

9 hours ago, HaloFanatic17 said:

Time to drop? How bad did he hurt himself?

Id hold for an update.  Juicy schedule upcoming Wheeler, Milone (may not play but one of worst lefties in MLB), Harvey, Weaver, Perdemo, Richard (sit), Miguel Gonzalez, Covey.  I wouldn't want to miss Harvey/Weaver back to back.  

9 hours ago, HaloFanatic17 said:

Time to drop? How bad did he hurt himself?

This doesn't mean a ton but he downplayed the injury after the game. Wouldn't drop because of this yet. 

4/4 tonight. Against the Padres so it's glorified BP but this guy continues to remain an asset against RHP. 

2 minutes ago, absknicks said:

4/4 tonight. Against the Padres so it's glorified BP but this guy continues to remain an asset against RHP. 

Was licking my chops with these matchups.  

Sitting today against a RHP. The counting stats are pretty terrible for a guy with 195 PA so far. Getting harder to hold on and I've been a supporter from the start (meaning I liked him as an OF4/5). 

17 minutes ago, absknicks said:

Sitting today against a RHP. The counting stats are pretty terrible for a guy with 195 PA so far. Getting harder to hold on and I've been a supporter from the start (meaning I liked him as an OF4/5). 

Second right hander he's sat vs in last few weeks.  He gets treated like he's 40.  He must really have a cranky back.  He's a good hitter but sits a lot and could be one of those guys better in real life than fantasy.