elite

Eric Decker 2017 Season Outlook

Cheap move by the Jets. Cutting Decker now when most teams have filled their WR needs and/or lack the cap space to offer him a decent contract.

6 minutes ago, Naboo said:

Cheap move by the Jets. Cutting Decker now when most teams have filled their WR needs and/or lack the cap space to offer him a decent contract.

Post June 1 cut made a difference on their cap.  Also he had to be medically cleared before he could be cut.

Edited by Iron-cock

Just now, Iron-cock said:

Post June 1 cut made a difference on their cap.  Also he had to be medically cleared before he could be cut.

Thanks for the Info. I stand corrected. I still don't like the move...

If he lands with the Ravens he could be an excellent 4th or 5th wr on your roster because I think he'll go way late in drafts. He would be my favorite in Baltimore. 

Edited by mikeflavaz

On 6/13/2017 at 1:03 PM, mikeflavaz said:

If he lands with the Ravens he could be an excellent 4th or 5th wr on your roster because I think he'll go way late in drafts. He would be my favorite in Baltimore. 

I hope he lands in Baltimore. I am hearing alot of rumors to Tennessee though. Has a house here and his wifes studio is in Nashville. 

Matthews, Davis, Decker, would be a pretty good 3 WR set. I think I like that pick up more for the Titans than for Decker's value though. 

1 hour ago, ajs723 said:

Matthews, Davis, Decker, would be a pretty good 3 WR set. I think I like that pick up more for the Titans than for Decker's value though. 

As a Titans fan I would love it. But as a fantasy owner I would hate it

I'm licking my chops for Mariota if Decker comes to the Titans. 

He's made enough money and could play for a team that projects to be pretty good in his now home town. I think the fit in Tennessee is fantastic.

12 hours ago, Br0kenB said:

He's made enough money and could play for a team that projects to be pretty good in his now home town. I think the fit in Tennessee is fantastic.

Titans have around $40 M in cap space. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't pay him. The fit is too good. He's just probably doing his agents bidding and using the Browns as leverage to eek out a couple more mill guaranteed. 

As far as his fantasy value though, well I will definitely not be a buyer unless his ADP stays right around Cameron Meredith in the early 100s

From a fantasy perspective Decker in TN would be great for Mariota, better than the Jets for Decker, I'd think a push for Rishard Matthews, probably bad for Delanie Walker, and probably awful for Tajae Sharp.

From a football perspective it could really solidify TNs offense if Decker is healthy.

I'm avoiding any of the Titans WRs in fantasy just because of the too-many-mouths problem, but Decker definitely raises Mariota's TD total.  They've given him the weapons, no reason to think he's not a QB1 this year. 

Edited by eg4190

From a fantasy perspective, can't say if it's better to be the #1 on a losing team always playing from behind forced to air it up every game, OR only one part of an efficient offense with outstanding talent at every position...

1 hour ago, zacharyringer12 said:

Eric Decker officially to the Titans, reduces Corey's Davis TD potential a little and takes away a lot of Rishards value

Also hurts Walker, since Decker will be in the slot.

I am excited as a fan! Decker is gonna eat this yr! Tennessee was one of the best offenses in the redzone last yr! They just become way deadlier with Decker! Decker will be WR1 in this offense this yr. Getting Decker just proves that Titans are not gonna throw Davis under fire this year. They will develop him.

Edited by MariGOATA

Titans look loaded. AFC South looks loaded.  Perfect fit. Not even thinking about fantasy but I love how the franchise has turned it around. 

1 hour ago, predator_05 said:

Thought he would get a multi-year deal at the very least.

He got a somewhat same deal as Maclin did in Baltimore.

Edited by MariGOATA

Very interesting move for fantasy. Makes the Corey Davis/ cam merideth decision much easier for me I guess. I still like Davis but he would have to falls some more. Still really interested in how he'll work out though bc I think he pairs great with mariota who is such an underrated qb for some reason. Anyways, in terms of decker, like everyone else is saying for the right adp I'm on him. I'd say his floor tds is 8 and he can easily break double disgust if healthy. Mariota moved past Eli on my qb list now too

irl- great move for titans. Seems afc south is finally tired of being a laughing stock. Hope to see some good games from them this year

12 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

Very interesting move for fantasy. Makes the Corey Davis/ cam merideth decision much easier for me I guess. I still like Davis but he would have to falls some more. Still really interested in how he'll work out though bc I think he pairs great with mariota who is such an underrated qb for some reason. Anyways, in terms of decker, like everyone else is saying for the right adp I'm on him. I'd say his floor tds is 8 and he can easily break double disgust if healthy. Mariota moved past Eli on my qb list now too

irl- great move for titans. Seems afc south is finally tired of being a laughing stock. Hope to see some good games from them this year

AFC South wasnt even a bad division last yr. The hate is real.

6 hours ago, MariGOATA said:

AFC South wasnt even a bad division last yr. The hate is real.

Texans fan here... 

Yeah, we were. 

Texans been best team for a while with no qb so they've never been taken seriously by other divisions. 

Jags been "close" for years but continue to put up 2-5 win seasons. 

Titans look to be on the rise, but no one outside of Nashville gonna consider them a top 4 contender in AFC. 

Colts been handcuffed by Pagano incompetence for years, but refuse to part ways. Only year they ever looked dangerous he was in hospital with cancer and Bruce Arians was coach. Surprise, surprise - they went to AFC championship game. 

1 minute ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Colts been handcuffed by Pagano incompetence for years, but refuse to part ways. Only year they ever looked dangerous he was in hospital with cancer and Bruce Arians was coach. Surprise, surprise - they went to AFC championship game. 

Holy s--- that is some cold hard truth right there. 

I just don't understand why Decker only got a 1 year deal. Maybe he's ready to leave football. 

Regardless, I'm not interested in Decker personally unless his ADP stays in early 100s.

Mariota is young and I assume his throws will increase each season, but I think pounding the rock and leaving on Murray was a big part of their turnaround last year. I assume Mariota throws slightly more than 450 passes, but don't see too much more. Maybe gets around 500? 

The TD : INT ratio was great at 26:9. I'm not convinced it gets much better than this though. I just don't see enough action to get excited about Decker. 

If you disagree however that's fair and to each their own. Where do you see me being wrong in what I've said? Why?