elite

Carlos Hyde 2017 Season Outlook

On 9/17/2017 at 6:16 PM, Joe Odam said:

I wasn't referencing a specific one for one swap of anybody. I agree with you. The landscape is unpredictable right now. I was more gearing that statement towards a particular team's NEEDS. I'd certainly aim for ultimate buy lows like AJG at the moment though if probed for a specific example

Trade Hyde for a position that is not as valuable and a player that is clearly in an absolutely pathetic situation right now? No thanks.

ADP means nothing to me.

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

Trade Hyde for a position that is not as valuable and a player that is clearly in an absolutely pathetic situation right now? No thanks.

ADP means nothing to me.

I like Hyde a lot, but AJG's arrow is pointing up after Green bitching about targets and the OC subsequently getting fired the next day.  Green rarely bitches.  The Bengals heard him loud and clear.  I wouldn't be surprised if AJ gets 15 targets per game from here on out.  Now is a great buy low time.

7 minutes ago, ccimore said:

I like Hyde a lot, but AJG's arrow is pointing up after Green bitching about targets and the OC subsequently getting fired the next day.  Green rarely bitches.  The Bengals heard him loud and clear.  I wouldn't be surprised if AJ gets 15 targets per game from here on out.  Now is a great buy low time.

I agree he is a buy low candidate.

However, it is very situational. Personally, I wouldn't trade Hyde for Green. The main reason being I lost DJ. However, if you have depth at RB and are weak at WR it is a very good trade.

on the road, in the league's toughest environment for opponents, facing one of the best defenses in the game - and he had the most rushing yds. (124) in week 2.    yeah, that offense needs to step up more around him, but Carolina and Seattle are two top notch units.  we all knew what we were getting into in that respect.  

speaking of "knowing what we were getting in to", lock up the kid Breida behind him - this Shanny offense is good to it's bell cow. 

How are we thinking about rolling out Hyde on short rest this week? Over 7.0YPC against Carolina and Seattle combined so far, obvious bell-cow. 
These Thursday games just consistently are such duds, it has me a bit leery. 

Just now, Motown_Magic said:

How are we thinking about rolling out Hyde on short rest this week? Over 7.0YPC against Carolina and Seattle combined so far, obvious bell-cow. 

Not optimistic with this being a Thursday game and the return of Aaron Donald to that front line. Phillips will be bringing the heat all night in the back field forcing Hoyer to beat them. 

1 minute ago, Motown_Magic said:

No choice but to roll him out there if you drafted him, has been a stud so far. Additionally, Rams have been susceptible to the run. Heres to hoping we get our first TD this evening. :D 

6 minutes ago, Motown_Magic said:

how could they (San Fran) be any more "dud" than the first two weeks?

kid's at home, should see 20+ touches (though i do think Breida gets at least ten tonight).  

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

Just now, sasnumberonefan said:

No choice but to roll him out there if you drafted him, has been a stud so far. Additionally, Rams have been susceptible to the run. Heres to hoping we get our first TD this evening. :D 

Definitely has been a stud- when healthy he always is. Issue is I have Cohen and good ol beast Derrick Henry waiting to thrive in my flex- if Howard or Murray are out they're real tempting. I really just hate these Thursday games. Everyone is still a step slower from Sundays beating. Gotta play your studs though so I guess I'll stick with him. If he was on a full weeks rest I wouldn't be so skeptical.

1 minute ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Not optimistic with this being a Thursday game and the return of Aaron Donald to that front line. Phillips will be bringing the heat all night in the back field forcing Hoyer to beat them. 

TNF is typically worse for the road team.  So there's that.  

Everyone believes that there won't be much scoring in this one (each D seems capable of pitching a shut out), but Donald or not, my guess is that the Rams wear down first.  Whether Hyde manages enough big plays to compensate for the many duds he'll encounter is the real question.

As I've posted elsewhere, I am of the belief that Shanahan's offense has been simmering for the first two weeks.  The bleak box scores don't paint a complete picture IMO.  If you watched the games closely, you would have seen clear signs that this group of players, who have never been on the same team together, are close to executing well enough to make this potentially serviceable offense come alive.  Will that happen on such a short week against a decent D?  Maybe not.  But I have been investing heavily in the proposition that what I've witnessed in the first two games is not a mirage, and that the offense is going to bust out soon.  I'm sticking with my beliefs and running Hyde out there this evening.       

12 minutes ago, Motown_Magic said:

Definitely has been a stud- when healthy he always is. Issue is I have Cohen and good ol beast Derrick Henry waiting to thrive in my flex- if Howard or Murray are out they're real tempting. I really just hate these Thursday games. Everyone is still a step slower from Sundays beating. Gotta play your studs though so I guess I'll stick with him. If he was on a full weeks rest I wouldn't be so skeptical.

I'm in a similar predicament you are in. I was able to grab Chris Thompson off from waivers and contemplating using him as a flex over Hyde. Go Niners!

4 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

TNF is typically worse for the road team.  So there's that.  

Everyone believes that there won't be much scoring in this one (each D seems capable of pitching a shut out), but Donald or not, my guess is that the Rams wear down first.  Whether Hyde manages enough big plays to compensate for the many duds he'll encounter is the real question.

As I've posted elsewhere, I am of the belief that Shanahan's offense has been simmering for the first two weeks.  The bleak box scores don't paint a complete picture IMO.  If you watched the games closely, you would have seen clear signs that this group of players, who have never been on the same team together, are close to executing well enough to make this potentially serviceable offense come alive.  Will that happen on such a short week against a decent D?  Maybe not.  But I have been investing heavily in the proposition that what I've witnessed in the first two games is not a mirage, and that the offense is going to bust out soon.  I'm sticking with my beliefs and running Hyde out there this evening.       

Good point about the road team on TNF typically being even more lethargic.

I guess if the man can average 15PPR against the resurgent Panther defense and on the road in Seattle, you've gotta believe his floor is right around there for tonight as well. The silver lining too is Shanahan's will to keep him involved in the passing game. Keeps that floor steady.  I'll roll with him. 

Dad runner Rob Kelley was running all over the Rams before the rib injury. Chris Thompson also had his way. Id be surprised if Hyde doesn't have a great game.

I think it's time to purge yourself of Hyde while the getting is good.  He's not even going to hold off Tim Hightower!  And have you seen his schedule?  He's not doing anything against those defenses.

Get rid of him while you still can.  

4 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I think it's time to purge yourself of Hyde while the getting is good.  He's not even going to hold off Tim Hightower!  And have you seen his schedule?  He's not doing anything against those defenses.

After seeing what he has already done to two elite defenses in Carolina and Seattle (7.1YPC), how is it fair to call for his job? The bottom line is the man shreds defenses when healthy, no matter who they are. The biggest concern is his ability to hold up all season, not the schedule. The Colts, Redskins, Cowboys, Bears make up half of the next 8 games as it is... Very beatable defenses. Now if you're selling high for health concerns, that is a different perspective. 

11 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

WHAT IF THEY TRADE FOR AP !?1?!1?

:lol:

11 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Missed the sarcasm badly :P

1 hour ago, Jay85 said:

Value is sky high rocket. Got an offer for A.Cooper for him. 

Yep I got even better

Does anyone have any projections on carries and rushing yardage for this game? Looking at some stats for these two teams, the one thing that stands out to me is this:

LA Rams are: 

1) 7th worst in rushing YPA (yards per attempt)

2) 3rd worst in total rushing yards allowed

3) 3rd worst in rushing yards allowed per game

SF 49ers are: 

1) 2nd best in rushing YPA (yards per attempt at 6.2)

2) 14th best in total rushing yards)

3) 29th or 4th WORST in total rushing attempts (32)

4) 16th in total rushing yards per game

Obviously it's only been two games, however what this tells me is that they have been efficient in the running game, yet are one of the lowest rushing teams in the league. My question is, why? Is this a Shanahan thing? He just loves to pass? Will it always be like this? 

Hyde only got 9 carries in the first game and 15 carries in the second game. Assuming the Rams rushing defense is as bad as they've played the first two games, does this factor into Shanahan's playcalling at all? What are we thinking here in terms of both CARRIES & YARDS? 

Hyde will probably see 20+ carries this week. The Rams stink on offense. Their defense and the ineptitude of the Colts without Luck is why they blew out the Colts in week 1. Should remain a close game, which allows the 49ers to stick to the run. I like Hyde a lot this week. TDs are tough to predict, but I wouldn't be surprised to see 100+ yards from scrimmage and 3-5 receptions.

37 minutes ago, championship or bust said:

Do we handcuff him with breida? He is playing to hard for an injury prone guy.

I really want to scoop some stash types like Collins or Darkwa but I had to pick up Breida instead.

Just for peace of mind. I thought to myself if Hyde got injured tonight and I had scooped Collins instead of Breida I'd be super bummed. 

Edited by yahyahtrick