elite

Carlos Hyde 2017 Season Outlook

LOL, talk about a short leash.. i mean cmon, dont own the guy, but thats kinda bush league by the HC IMO

Pretty much Shanny saying...you wanna get paid, show us you deserve it.  This is just very odd timing considering they were saying earlier this week discussions of an extension.  I don't get it.

Just now, joey0480 said:

Pretty much Shanny saying...you wanna get paid, show us you deserve it.  This is just very odd timing considering they were saying earlier this week discussions of an extension.  I don't get it.

It is a weird coincidence. It made me wonder if something to do with this landed him in the doghouse for some reason. 

Did he leak the info when he wasn't supposed to or something? 

Generally this kind of stuff happens on 0-5 teams. 

Coach wants to send message, but will never send it with person that really matters (the QB). Generally the RB is only offensive position ever blamed for problems even when they are teams only bright spot. Nor will he blame the defense when they give up 41 points and the offense scores 39.

This is just par for the course with owning a player on a horrible team. It sucks, but if the coach never does anything it'll look like they aren't trying. Occasional benches might happen to show he's trying and working to get everyone fired up. 

Hyde also to blame for letting a loser make him look bad. Hyde is better than that. 

9 minutes ago, yahyahtrick said:

It is a weird coincidence. It made me wonder if something to do with this landed him in the doghouse for some reason. 

Did he leak the info when he wasn't supposed to or something? 

Has to be something going on behind the scenes.  Makes absolute ZERO sense.

Good news he's not injured and we need to hope this benching will motivate him to play to his potential forward.

13 hours ago, Kyle87 said:

I mean he only got 5 carries before being pretty much pulled for the rest of the game.  The 5 carries weren't good but it's hardly enough to pull a RB out of a game because he only got 10 yards on his first 5 carries.  Especially one that has been as productive as Hyde has been so far this season.

You say Brieda can play well in this offense, ok sure, I say this was their worst showing on the season as far as their rb production is concerned.  That's a direct effect of just letting the less talented back get the majority of the snaps.

I love Shanahan as he was the main reason I grabbed Hyde in the end of the 3rd round, I figured he could turn a talent like Hyde into something really special.  But the decision to just pull him after 5 carries leaves me speechless, the niners just let another winnable game slip through their fingers here.

Yeah good points. Not to mention run Ds often soften up as the game goes on simply from fatigue and attrition of the game. 

Let Hyde do heavy lifting then let breida come in and get some production lol. Gotta keep those contract negotiations under control. Can't be having Hyde go for 1500+ total yards and 12 TD's. 

3 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

What? Nothing alike at all actually 

Yea both of those dudes produce game in and game out

Just now, dakimbell said:

Yea both of those dudes produce game in and game out

Not referring to production as there is a considerable difference in ATL/SF....just the way Shanahan handled things in ATL

3 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

Except he heaped praise on both guys in Atlanta. This one seemed more negative to me regarding Hyde

of course.  We don't have much info if any (pure speculation) on what in the world is going on.  All we are reading is Hyde will start, Breida will come in, and then it is the hot hand moving forward.  But he tried to make two backs work in ATL and that offense supported it.  Sure won't work in SF....

Well, that escalated quickly.  

Let's paid the dude.......

lol j/k on you Carlos.  You ain't getting RB1 dough if I can help it. - Kyle.

More Shananagians. 

Who after watching the previous 4 games prior to Sunday thought "geez if they would just get Hyde off the field they would have a better shot at winning?"

Shanny must have some DEEP level analytics <eye roll>

No need to panic. One bad week, but all he needs to do is play better than little Breida. Hyde's the better player. 

What a pickle we have found ourself in. Not three days ago I was confident, barring injury, he was a top-10 back. Now we are basically stuck with him (good luck trading him for anything decent), praying this somehow turns into just an outlier and he is the guy going forward. *gulp*

1 minute ago, joey0480 said:

of course.  We don't have much info if any (pure speculation) on what in the world is going on.  All we are reading is Hyde will start, Breida will come in, and then it is the hot hand moving forward.  But he tried to make two backs work in ATL and that offense supported it.  Sure won't work in SF....

Lots of crappy backfields with hot hand.  jets, Seattle, Ravens and I guess the browns now....

2 isn't always greater than 1 Kyle.

1 minute ago, sasnumberonefan said:

What a pickle we have found ourself in. Not three days ago I was confident, barring injury, he was a top-10 back. Now we are basically stuck with him (good luck trading him for anything decent), praying this somehow turns into just an outlier and he is the guy going forward. *gulp*

Yea with this news and the terrible injury history he has 0 trade value

3 minutes ago, patsspytech said:

Worth reading all the posts the beat-writer had, not just the "hot hand" clip.  Sounds like Shanny was pissed at Hyde for stupid mistakes, sounds like Hyde was pissed he screwed up, sounds like Shanny and Hyde know Breida isn't on Hyde's level.  http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article177967361.html

Thanks for posting this link. 

I suggest you all come down off the ledge and read the report. It’s not nearly as bad as I initially thought. 

28 minutes ago, joey0480 said:

I won't read this but I remember Freeman being the incumbent and Shannyn wanted nothing to do with him and drafted Coleman. He gave Coleman the start and he immediately got hurt. Then Freeman played awesome and his hands were tied. 

From what I see Hyde was playing great. You can blame the 49ers losses on a lot of things but I don't think it's Hyde. Breida wasn't even his guy. Joe Williams was. 

Breda just a guy to keep contract negotiations low of they gonna lose the game anyway IMO. 

Key part of the article:

“Hyde’s who you go with,”Shanahan said. “ Hyde’s who I expect to be out there and nothing’s changes with that. But it depends on the front you want in (the game), the personnel you want in, how people practice ...”

Edited by meverett85

30 minutes ago, patsspytech said:

Worth reading all the posts the beat-writer had, not just the "hot hand" clip.  Sounds like Shanny was pissed at Hyde for stupid mistakes, sounds like Hyde was pissed he screwed up, sounds like Shanny and Hyde know Breida isn't on Hyde's level.  http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article177967361.html

Said Shanahan: “We put Breida in and he was almost a shoe-string away on two tackles, and we thought if we kept him in, eventually he'd get one. He didn't, but we thought he was pretty close.”

That's like saying if he didnt get tackled he would have had a good run?

That't how u evaluate a 'hot hand'?  GTFOH!!!<_<

7 minutes ago, dashoe said:

That's like saying if he didnt get tackled he would have had a good run?

That't how u evaluate a 'hot hand'?  GTFOH!!!<_<

To be fair, I thought Breida was going to break one of those runs he's referencing. He did look pretty good and explosive on those two particular runs.

However, overall I agree, this appears to be just a coaching blunder.