elite

Carlos Hyde 2017 Season Outlook

Just now, Boudewijn said:

Maybe, but he was pretty much on fire before week 5. From what I saw, he was more or less the only one on fire in the SF offense, so it's not clear why you would need to add to that.

He is their leader in yards and TDs and only just behind Hoyer in fantasy points (and with a normal week 5 he'd be 1st).

The only fire I see necessary is Shanahan: fire that idiot.

Because the coach said he made two mistakes on the field...

3 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Because the coach said he made two mistakes on the field...

Complete nonsense.  The entire team has been making mistakes for 5 games now.

The fact is your ego hates the losses you really want a win to validate your ego but you are afraid to bench your QB because it could cripple his play so easier to reduce the workload of your feature rb who is managing an injury, so you can appear to be a strong HC.

I hate coach speak nonsense.

Edited by dashoe

9 minutes ago, dashoe said:

coach speak nonsense

Exactly this. I actually respect Shanahan quite a bit but sometimes smart coaches outsmart themselves. He needs to get his head out of his a** and recognise who is the main asset on his team.

I hope the 9ers are gearing up to trade him. Baltimore, Philly, GB, MN, NYG sound like decent landing spots. Or dare I say.... NE? One can only dream.

2 minutes ago, yahyahtrick said:

I hope the 9ers are gearing up to trade him. Baltimore, Philly, GB, MN, NYG sound like decent landing spots. Or dare I say.... NE? One can only dream.

he's a better fit for the redskins, Eagles and seahawks

3 minutes ago, yahyahtrick said:

lol, i was just (somewhat) joking about a Hyde trade in the Breida thread :lol:

but, plz, no Patriots ... can't afford this kid to get "Hoodied" - and you know he would be ... White on passing downs, Gilly at the stripe ... Lewis or Burk stealing a series or two.  

?

Just now, dashoe said:

he's a better fit for the redskins, Eagles and seahawks

Left the Redskins out just because they are playing them this week. Plus Gruden really seems committed to Kelley for some reason.

Listed Philly.

SEA won't happen because they're in the same division. If they trade Hyde to SEA it will really show what they think about him lol.

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

lol, i was just (somewhat) joking about a Hyde trade in the Breida thread :lol:

but, plz, no Patriots ... can't afford this kid to get "Hoodied" - and you know he would be ... White on passing downs, Gilly at the stripe ... Lewis or Burk stealing a series or two.  

?

Ha yeah, that would certainly be a risk. I take it back, NE would be too spooky :lol:

5 minutes ago, yahyahtrick said:

Ha yeah, that would certainly be a risk. I take it back, NE would be too spooky :lol:

could just see it now ...

Roto Blurb:

"and, in a very surprising move, Carlos Hyde is a quizzical game day inactive for the Patriots.  expect to see more of recently returned Rex Burkhead vs. Buffalo this afternoon" 

:blink: :wacko: :lol:

I could see the Eagles trading for him considering their position in the conference. Darby will back at some point and RB is the true weak spot on the roster.

As a Brieda and Hyde owner I approve.

The coach is also a dumb a**. He said Hyde made two mistakes which were probably extremely small yet his man crush dropped passes in weeks past, missed blocks, failed to get away from one defender, and did nothing impressive.

Well Shanny Jr could start acting like Shanny Sr. Any RB Shanny Sr rode would put up over 1000 yards rushing in a season and a bunch of TDs. Was all about the system and OLine. The RB may just not have much value in their system. It might be smart for them to get max value for Hyde considering they probably won't pay a bunch of money to hold onto a RB.

Please give me another solid game to make last week look like a fluke! Then I can sell for the right price. Hyde gonna probably be top 10 RB ROS once I'm off his wagon, but at least not have to deal with Shanahanigans.

is there any basis for the trade talk in this thread or is it merely wishful thinking?

dont get my hopes up a move like that instantly gives me 2 RB1s - Hyde and Breida 

Niners usually stay put at the deadline so temper your expectations a little. Somehow was able to package Hyde away; I cannot trust this potential timeshare now + a nagging injury. SF is in full tank mode.

I defended Hyde months ago when everyone and their sister were convinced he was on the way out in favor of Joe Williams.  Hyde is a versatile, quality RB.

That said, Shanahan's real (not fake) football decisions for a team with the worst roster in football last season make sense.  He and Lynch have made a lot of progress toward turning this previously wretched team around.  The message they have been sending to all players on the roster, including previously "untouchables" like Bowman, Staley and Hyde, is going to be consistent.  For better or for worse, they are installing a system, and the message is someone else will play if you don't do your assigned job in that system.  We might not like it, but it's totally necessary to change the culture there.

Here's the deal. Hyde is a decent, but not perfect fit, for what Shanahan wants to do.  Hyde is doing his best to adjust, but when he slides, Shanahan will react.  For Hyde owners (like me), that (plus Hyde's durability history) is a substantial risk.

Unless and until Hyde gets traded (a development that would make total sense for this rebuilding team), Hyde owners have to hope that Hyde responds positively when the CS sees fit issues creeping into his game.  The CS believes Breida is a fit, so they're not hesitant to utilize him if they believe, rightly or wrongly, that Hyde is becoming sloppy with adjustments they asked him to make in the off season.  It sucks, I know, but that is just the way it is going to be ROS.

Personally, if he stays healthy, I am confident that Hyde can and will bounce back whenever he's pressed regarding fit issues.  This CS wants him to succeed, but not at the expense of a team commitment to the new scheme.  The increasing odds that he may get moved is also a big plus IMO.    

Edited by Rolling Thunder

I hope he gets traded to a better team because rb's can literally plug into an offense and produce immediately. no needs to build rapport with the QB, just learn the playbook ASAp and get in sync with the rhythm of the offense.  The sooner it happens the better because he integrates with each game played towards  the end of the season. 

So i guess the tell is what gets 'leaked'  about the so called contract extension going forward. If they can't come to terms then maybe the mgmt decision is to trade him

1 hour ago, bigfatandugly said:

is there any basis for the trade talk in this thread or is it merely wishful thinking?

Wishful thinking. In fact, the Niners have opened contract negotiations with Hyde last weekend.

Of course as part of those negotiations they could decide a trade is better, but word is that GM Lynch loves him and will try to retain him.

1 hour ago, Boudewijn said:

Wishful thinking. In fact, the Niners have opened contract negotiations with Hyde last weekend.

Of course as part of those negotiations they could decide a trade is better, but word is that GM Lynch loves him and will try to retain him.

Any sources on the lynch feelings?

If they re-sign him it's going to be for a big chunk of change which means they have to commit to playing him. 

21 minutes ago, cothane said:

Any sources on the lynch feelings?

If they re-sign him it's going to be for a big chunk of change which means they have to commit to playing him. 

They are already "committed" to playing him, but only if he does what they want him to do.  Hyde owners yearn for an unconditional commitment, but the NFL doesn't work that way.

Look, before Shanahan arrived, Hyde's natural running style was to dance more than the new system tolerates.  However, the new regime became convinced during the offseason that Hyde could be a successful one-cut and go RB.  He showed them he could it.  But old habits die hard.  No surprise there.  What you saw last Sunday was Bobby Turner, and hence Shanny, reacting to some back-sliding on Hyde's part.  They will clean it up in practice and Hyde will be good to go again.  That's my belief.

Having said that, this Sunday's match up is not good for SF's ground game.  That, combined with a banged up secondary that was sub-standard to begin with, screams negative game script and, potentially, the first truly lop-sided loss of the year for the Niners.  

Edited by Rolling Thunder

Something to feel good about: Even when down big, the 9ers aren't going to abandon the run totally. Nobody has scored more garbage time rushing TDs than Hyde in recent memory. Angry Carlos will ball out for a payday!

23 hours ago, Rolling Thunder said:

They are already "committed" to playing him, but only if he does what they want him to do.  Hyde owners yearn for an unconditional commitment, but the NFL doesn't work that way.

Look, before Shanahan arrived, Hyde's natural running style was to dance more than the new system tolerates.  However, the new regime became convinced during the offseason that Hyde could be a successful one-cut and go RB.  He showed them he could it.  But old habits die hard.  No surprise there.  What you saw last Sunday was Bobby Turner, and hence Shanny, reacting to some back-sliding on Hyde's part.  They will clean it up in practice and Hyde will be good to go again.  That's my belief.

Having said that, this Sunday's match up is not good for SF's ground game.  That, combined with a banged up secondary that was sub-standard to begin with, screams negative game script and, potentially, the first truly lop-sided loss of the year for the Niners.  

i don't think anyone foresaw hyde going 15/125/0 against SEA in week 2. 

if if there was a game you would have looked at early on in the season and thought 'i should sit hyde' that would have been it. 

hyde has shown he can move the ball against typically good run defenses. 

after the contract talks, the benching, and a week of everyone in the press questioning his role in that offense w breida there i wouldn't bet against the man.