elite

Carlos Hyde 2017 Season Outlook

3 hours ago, bigfatandugly said:

after the contract talks, the benching, and a week of everyone in the press questioning his role in that offense w breida there i wouldn't bet against the man. 

Pretty much this sums up how I feel about Hyde this week...

I honestly can't think of anyone in recent memory, not counting injuries, who's value completely tanked in a one week span as bad as Hyde's just did. I had no real intentions of trading him anyways, because he has always been undervalued, even when healthy, but I did send out a couple feeler texts today to see if I got any bites. 

I contacted the Zeke owner today when the news broke of the suspension. His only other RB is Lamar Miller, because he lost Carson a couple of weeks ago. I told him it broke my heart to see Corey Clement in his starting lineup, and I would deal Hyde/Breida for a very reasonable return. He said that he would rather roll the dice on Clement for the next 2 months ?

On 10/11/2017 at 1:39 PM, Darth Vader said:

Does Shanny usually stay true to his words with the media? I read somewhere that he does.

If you read it why are you asking?? I bet you didn’t read it..

7 hours ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

If you read it why are you asking?? I bet you didn’t read it..

I like the people's opinions in this forum. Has served me well.

What are my fellow Hyde owners expecting this week? Don't have much confidence in him, but he feasted  the last time I benched him (vs Seattle). 

3 minutes ago, tah10 said:

What are my fellow Hyde owners expecting this week? Don't have much confidence in him, but he feasted  the last time I benched him (vs Seattle). 

nothing "average" - either he goes batsheeet crazy (25 pts) or puts up an epic turd (2 pts) - don't really see any middle ground. 

roll the ⚁ here, and hope for some fireworks ?

6 minutes ago, tah10 said:

I think the concerns last week were overblown. If it becomes a trend I would be concerned

15/80/1 4/35

Edited by bhawks489

Classic Fantasy Football scenario, he's a lock in for 100+ yard and TD on everyone's bench

15 minutes ago, Mr.E said:

Classic Fantasy Football scenario, he's a lock in for 100+ yard and TD on everyone's bench

Yeah i'm starting him just cause I think he'll go 7/21 

Why bench him?

He was benched last week but he is still very talented. if anything it should drive him to go ape s--- on Sunday so that JAG doesn't steal anymore carries from him.

31 minutes ago, tah10 said:

I expect for his points to mock me from the bench because i'm going with miller or kamara based on  matchups

If they can't win any games this season they might as well just adapt to using Breida, get a high draft pick, and let Hyde go on FA. I think its more about that than it is about who's more talented. 

53 minutes ago, Halberdier said:

If they can't win any games this season they might as well just adapt to using Breida, get a high draft pick, and let Hyde go on FA. I think its more about that than it is about who's more talented. 

Why not run him into the ground instead of risking their future than?

6 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Give him the DeMarco treatment.  I can't help but think all of this doom and gloom after the Indy game is a bit silly.

28 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Yeah this seems more logical. Give Breida like 4-7 carries a game to get him used to the game and Hyde 17-25 to just not look totally embarrassing. Giving your future RB a lot is dumb.

I use future lightly. Breida seems like a JAG from everything I've seen.

Just now, joey0480 said:

Bowman being shopped....wonder if they are entertaining hyde as well.

Please. Send him to Seattle.  The line is trash but he would be a borderline guarantee for 20 carries a game and Wilson likes the checkdown.

6 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Please. Send him to Seattle.  The line is trash but he would be a borderline guarantee for 20 carries a game and Wilson likes the checkdown.

I doubt they'd trade him to division rival but it would be a great fit. Hyde is def the type if bruiser they want. 

Makes you wonder if it isnt a hot hand issue and a matter of them wanting to unload him and keep him healthy

Just now, yahyahtrick said:

I doubt they'd trade him to division rival but it would be a great fit. Hyde is def the type if bruiser they want. 

Why does it matter? Not like they're contending with Seattle and Seattle has shown they will part with picks which SF needs for whatever the hell theyre trying to do.

Just now, yahyahtrick said:

I'd love a trade personally but what team would trade for him week 6 into a contract year? 

Seattle!!! They know their window is tight and they trade for Richardson.

Damnit I'm going to speak it into existence Lavar Ball style.

Just now, Gohawks said:

Why does it matter? Not like they're contending with Seattle and Seattle has shown they will part with picks which SF needs for whatever the hell theyre trying to do.

I agree that it really doesn't but it's something that's rarely happened and it appears teams shy away from it.