elite

Carlos Hyde 2017 Season Outlook

2 minutes ago, thetomkuczek said:
75YwXTCb_bigger.jpgBenjamin AllbrightVerified account @AllbrightNFL
FollowFollow @AllbrightNFL
More

In addition to releasing Navarro Bowman, Niners have received and made calls about RB Carlos Hyde.

Sweet! That would be awesome.....starting to like the theory that the 9ers don't want to overuse him and get him injured before having a chance to trade him.

I imagine the majority of Hyde owners have Breida on their roster....now I'm getting my hopes up!

6 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

Sweet! That would be awesome.....starting to like the theory that the 9ers don't want to overuse him and get him injured before having a chance to trade him.

I imagine the majority of Hyde owners have Breida on their roster....now I'm getting my hopes up!

Would be a nice two for one, would work perfectly! 2 starting RB's for nothing, yes please.. 

Just now, dakimbell said:

Would be a nice two for one, would work perfectly! 2 starting RB's for nothing, yes please.. 

Unfortunately, in the mean time I feel like both of them have to sit the bench until we see how this shakes out.

Just now, meverett85 said:

Unfortunately, in the mean time I feel like both of them have to sit the bench until we see how this shakes out.

Yep! Would be a small price to pay though if he did indeed get traded..

Seattle, NY, pats (for the hell of it- why not?!?!?!? Lol)  Philly ????

Edited by jiamm14

6 minutes ago, jiamm14 said:

Seattle, NY, pats (for the hell of it- why not?!?!?!? Lol)  Philly ????

Philly or Washington would work.  MN?  

Edited by Rolling Thunder

May have to drop Mack to pick Breida up then. hmmmm

Edited by altmin

49ers coach Kyle Shanahan said there’s "not much of a difference" between Matt Breida and Carlos Hyde.

Breida outsnapped Hyde and had 13 touches last week. He's trending up with season-highs in carries the past two games and should remain involved moving forward. The 49ers view Breida as a Tevin Coleman complement to Hyde. Breida doesn't have a ton of standalone value, but would be in line for big workloads if Hyde misses time.

3 minutes ago, altmin said:

49ers coach Kyle Shanahan said there’s "not much of a difference" between Matt Breida and Carlos Hyde.

Breida outsnapped Hyde and had 13 touches last week. He's trending up with season-highs in carries the past two games and should remain involved moving forward. The 49ers view Breida as a Tevin Coleman complement to Hyde. Breida doesn't have a ton of standalone value, but would be in line for big workloads if Hyde misses time.

Sounds like a coach preparing the media and fans for Hyde's departure.

I would LOVE to see him go to the Eagles, Vikings, but I would absolutely lose myself if he got traded to the Cowboys, even if it was just a 7 week dream.

CSB: I could walk in to the playoffs on 2 of 3 teams if he got traded to and was featured in Dallas for 7 weeks.

Edited by Bluecore

1 minute ago, Asys71 said:

So basically hes a no start this week at all. He prolly wont even get any snaps

Either that or they showcase him!

1 minute ago, Asys71 said:

So basically hes a no start this week at all. He prolly wont even get any snaps

Yep....I've benched him.

No way the 9ers play him at this point, unless the trade rumors are completely false.

Just now, Rs79 said:

Either that or they showcase him!

With his injury history... that would be a gutsy move.

2 minutes ago, jb_power said:

Possible destinations:

Redskins

Colts

Ravens

Eagles

Giants

Redskins and Eagles make sense. Two teams who look like playoff teams. 

Don't see others wasting draft picks on Hyde.

I agree that if a Hyde trade isn't consummated by gametime tomorrow, is there a real risk they reduce his workload, or keep him out altogether, so as not to risk injury to an asset they believe they'll move soon.  Heck, starting Breida over Hyde might be the safer bet, unless you have the option of benching both.

Edited by Rolling Thunder

figured since bowman got released this was in the works.  Fingers crossed he goes somewhere reasonable..

Edited by joey0480

Just now, Rolling Thunder said:

Another thought.  If a Hyde trade isn't consummated by gametime tomorrow, is there a real risk they reduce his workload, or keep him out altogether, so as not to risk injury to an asset they believe they'll move soon?  Heck, starting Breida over Hyde might be the safer bet, unless you have the option of benching both.

Absolutely. The league knows what Carlos Hyde is, and a one game showcase doesn't change that. If were injured, however, they'd be left at exactly what they'd have otherwise (Breida and Williams in a committee) but with no trade swap from Hyde. Makes no sense for them to feed him tomorrow if the trade theory is legit (which it probably is if they ate that much dead money on Bowman).

1 minute ago, kyoun1e said:

Redskins and Eagles make sense. Two teams who look like playoff teams. 

Don't see others wasting draft picks on Hyde.

I agree... I don't see a team out of the playoff hunt trading for him in the last year of his contract.

4 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

Another thought.  If a Hyde trade isn't consummated by gametime tomorrow, is there a real risk they reduce his workload, or keep him out altogether, so as not to risk injury to an asset they believe they'll move soon?  Heck, starting Breida over Hyde might be the safer bet, unless you have the option of benching both.

My guess is they have a legit offer in the works he sits