elite

Carlos Hyde 2017 Season Outlook

Just now, dakimbell said:

Id definitely play him this week unless you are really stacked at rb, but I think with Bowman getting waived and everythinf out of SF he is very likely to get traded sooner rather than later.

I hope so.  That's what's best for my fantasy team at this point.  I don't really understand Shanahan though.  If he cuts Hyde, and Hyde balls out somewhere else, won't that make him look like a shmuck?

1 minute ago, Chwf3rd said:

Midseason trades are so rare that it is very unlikely he is actually traded.

Yes they are, but the Niners just this week said they wanted to trade Bowman....and then released him the next day. Not saying they will release Hyde, but the purge is on in SF.  

Maybe it was leaked as a motivational tactic for Hyde. I remember trade rumors for Mark Ingram about this time of year last season. He was feeling the heat of Hightower too. Ingram balled out the remainder of the season. 

9 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

I think everyone is overreacting, reminds me of early in the offseason when Hyde was falling to the back end of the 5th round.

He had one bad week and there is a random trade rumor.  There were numerous trade rumors this offseason and Hyde settled in as the bellcow for the first 5 weeks of the season.

Not sure I would count his 8 carries for 11 yards and on the bench in the second half as bellcow status in week 5.

Ugh had to drop Mack to retain Breida in case of a trade.  Devoting two roster spots to San Fran's s---y offense sucks a**.

2 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Maybe it was leaked as a motivational tactic for Hyde.

Just looked at my bench and realised this is my only hope. I'll play Hyde and take the zero like a man.

(A whimpering, pissed off complaining man, but still.)

Edited by Boudewijn

5 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Maybe it was leaked as a motivational tactic for Hyde. I remember trade rumors for Mark Ingram about this time of year last season. He was feeling the heat of Hightower too. Ingram balled out the remainder of the season. 

Motivate the productive RB, stay quiet about the failing defense and hand hold the unproductive QB?

I don't see Hyde moving anywhere. This news all seems fishy to me and nothing is corroborated. I think he should be played with confidence and Breida is going back to spelling him like he has in the past.

Also, WAS is a 10th vs the run. 88 ypg and only two rushing TDs.

After Dallas its Philly (#2 vs rush) and Arizona *#12 vs rush) so he doesn't have a good schedule 3 outta 4 weeks. Then has SEA and HOU in games after the BYE. I would try to trade both if owned.

3 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

I don't see Hyde moving anywhere. This news all seems fishy to me and nothing is corroborated. I think he should be played with confidence and Breida is going back to spelling him like he has in the past.

After Dallas its Philly (#2 vs rush) and Arizona *#12 vs rush) so he doesn't have a good schedule 3 outta 4 weeks. Then has SEA and HOU in games after the BYE. I would try to trade both if owned.

I don't know who in their right mind would trade for this backfield right now.

29 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

Midseason trades are so rare that it is very unlikely he is actually traded.

Ha, not untrue, but there have already been a few this season. 

Either him or Abdullah for me this week so meh.

Hope he is traded though. As an owners of him and his backup it's a huge win.

28 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

i have been trying to move hyde for 3 weeks now because of that schedule, his injury and the fact that the offense simply is not good. Shanny really hasnt done anything special. This news doesnt help to move him. Also not a firm believer in Breida taking over and being a fantasy stud.  RB waiver wire studs don't simply happen unless the o-line is great or the Qb and passing game help out. I don't see the conditions on the Niners for this to happen after a Hyde trade. I am ok with keeping Garcon as a wr2 even if Hoyer is less than capable.

At best what I'm looking at is rb3 with week to week rb2 upside for breida if hyde is traded or if Hyde stays low rb2 with Hyde if the hot hand is the strategy.

1 hour ago, ccimore said:

Ugh had to drop Mack to retain Breida in case of a trade.  Devoting two roster spots to San Fran's s---y offense sucks a**.

welcome to the club.

car sea and Balt look likely.  There are also like 30 other teams that start RB and play football.

Too many choices....I'm just gonna stick a knife in my eye and add Kerwyn Williams 

I forgot about the CFL! Hyde to Saskatchuwan for the rights to Flutie Flakes?!?!? 

Add Elijah McGuire STaT

29 minutes ago, Larderland said:

baltimore is the only place that makes sense unless seattle???

Philly?

I actually think Wash makes the most sense. Team with strong playoff aspirations. Injured starter and young guy doesn't appear ready to carry the load. 

Edited by cothane

1 hour ago, Halberdier said:

There have been over 40 in-season trades this year. Just not all big names like Peterson. 

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/transactions?year=2017&month=9&type=26

Peterson was literally the only RB traded in August or September, according to that list. In-season RB trades involving starting RBs are EXTREMELY rare. Although Peterson doesn't even count since he was basically 2nd/3rd string in New Orleans.

11 minutes ago, cothane said:

I actually think Wash makes the most sense. Team with strong playoff aspirations. Injured starter and young guy doesn't appear ready to carry the load. 

Washington would be great

There are so many places I would love to see Hyde go via trade, rather than have him stay and rot away in SF for the remainder of the season. I live how two weeks ago the chatter was about a contract extension, and it's now suddenly about a Hyde trade. To me it just shows what a joke of an organization the 49ers are right now. My next question is, if SF does intend on moving Hyde within the next couple of weeks, do they give him plenty of touches tomorrow to try to showcase him a bit, or do they give him minimal work to avoid injury? 

Lastly anyone thinking they can move Hyde right now, I can assure you it's probably not happening. My league is pretty trade happy, and I've been targeting 4-1 teams, and 1-4 teams and absolutely nobody wants a piece of this situation. Zeke owner in my league started Clement this past Thursday night, instead of considering a Hyde trade after the Zeke news broke. I have offered him for pretty much every WR in the WR2 range and I'm not even getting insulting counter offers!! Thankfully the NFL trade deadline is coming quick, and after tomorrow we should have a bit more clarity on what SF intends on doing going forward...

13 minutes ago, fatbob166 said:

There are so many places I would love to see Hyde go via trade, rather than have him stay and rot away in SF for the remainder of the season. I live how two weeks ago the chatter was about a contract extension, and it's now suddenly about a Hyde trade. To me it just shows what a joke of an organization the 49ers are right now. My next question is, if SF does intend on moving Hyde within the next couple of weeks, do they give him plenty of touches tomorrow to try to showcase him a bit, or do they give him minimal work to avoid injury? 

Lastly anyone thinking they can move Hyde right now, I can assure you it's probably not happening. My league is pretty trade happy, and I've been targeting 4-1 teams, and 1-4 teams and absolutely nobody wants a piece of this situation. Zeke owner in my league started Clement this past Thursday night, instead of considering a Hyde trade after the Zeke news broke. I have offered him for pretty much every WR in the WR2 range and I'm not even getting insulting counter offers!! Thankfully the NFL trade deadline is coming quick, and after tomorrow we should have a bit more clarity on what SF intends on doing going forward...

Maybe your unfortunate circumstance of not being able to move him right now turns into a blessing.