elite

Carlos Hyde 2017 Season Outlook

13 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

No need to read between any lines.  The trade being in place is being reported as a fact.  

A a report of a trade being in "place"  is not a trade and not a fact.  A trade being in place could simply mean there was a discussion, conversation or general framework  that parties are in consensus on for example 'would you have an interest in player x  for a certain price, yes we would have an interest in player x for a certain price'.

The only fact is there is a REPORT from a journalist about a trade being in place and the end result is there was no trade and bowman was released.

Conclusion is Niners couldnt get a trade done so they had to release Bowman before they took a bigger hit to their cap.

Edited by dashoe

14 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

But one thing has been proven so far with both Lynch and Shanahan.  They are probably the only GM/Coach combo in the league that is both honest in the info they share

Fair enough, so let's look at the last thing Shanahan said about Hyde:

“We’re still going to keep them fresh because there’s not much of a difference between the two, for me,” Shanahan said on “49ers Game Plan,” which airs Saturday at 7:30 p.m. on NBC Bay Area.

“I know they have different styles. But similar to Atlanta, whether it’s Devonta Freeman for Tevin Coleman, it didn’t matter much. There are some things that one does better than the other, and vice versa. But when you have two guys, it’s a good problem to have. You go with the hot hand but you also try to play both of them and keep them fresh."

So, let's assume a 50/50 timeshare with upside, which is still a considerable downgrade from week 1-3 when Hyde was my king. 

Thx for your niners insight btw, much appreciated.

6 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Conclusion is Niners couldnt get a trade done so they had to release Bowman before they took a bigger hit to their cap.

What I understand is they had the trade lined up but Bowman didn't like the team he was traded to, and out of respect for his contribution they accepted to release him (meaning at their disadvantage). If true, that's a pretty classy thing to do.

Edited by Boudewijn

26 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

@Rolling Thunder - let's talk strictly magick foosbsll for a second ... how do you feel about Hyde today vs. Washington? 

(btw, i agree w/all you say about Shanny/Lynch - they are gonna be formidable)

thanks, i'll hang up and listen ...

First, the situation truly sucks for anyone who isn't doing well in their league, only owns Hyde (not Breida too), and needs alot from Hyde this week to stay afloat.

Second, Shanahan has said that there isn't much difference between Hyde and Breida.  What he probably should have added is "in his system."  I believe he is being honest.  We may disagree, but he is coaching this team.  I also believe that the comment is more a compliment to Breida than a knock on Hyde.

Finally, since the bogus firestorm erupted about Hyde in preseason, one thing has been clear.  While Lynch and Shanahan like Hyde very much, he will lead this backfield and have a future as a Niner only IF he executes the scheme as Bobby Turner expects.  He proved during preseason that he could do it, and hence they rolled with him.  Against Indy, he backslid.  Turner's and Shanahan's response was entirely predictable.  Breida saw more snaps.

Hyde can quell this new controversy all by himself.  He has the capability.  But he's operating in a system that isn't 100% natural to him.  He needs to continue to show that he has grown into and is reliable in doing what they need him to do.

If you start Hyde today over other decent options, it is because you have faith that he is willing and capable to accomplish the task at hand.  Simple as that.  

Personally, I'm banking on Hyde because he hasn't pouted or complained about the challenges that Turner has put   before him and the CS believes he's capable.  I could end up being wrong, but that's where I am at.

Edited by Rolling Thunder

8 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

What I understand is they had the trade lined up but Bowman didn't like the team he was traded to, and out of respect for his contribution they accepted to release him (meaning at their disadvantage). If true, that's a pretty classy thing to do.

I say hogwash to that spin. Let's see they gave him a 4yr contract extension another +20mm guaranteed, actively trying to trade him meaning get something in return because they already took a hit on cap money so something is better than nothing in business but hey we respect you so much that if you don't want to go to this team we will just release you and give up what we were able to negotiate for ourselves in return that could make our team better? 

Hogwash!  :rolleyes:

Also, "hot hand" angst aside, a big problem for those of us rolling with Hyde is that this is not a good match up.  Hyde is on the road traveling east and facing a very respectable run D.  If a negative game script develops, hopefully he'll see more action in the pass game.

I think you are insane if you already believe Breida who weighs like 170 pounds is going to step in and be a bell cow for the 9ers. Maybe delusional is the better term. 

Edited by Acinoralas

33 minutes ago, Acinoralas said:

I think you are insane if you already believe Breida who weighs like 170 pounds is going to step in and be a bell cow for the 9ers. Maybe delusional is the better term. 

Spoken like a true Hyde owner 

Just now, oliminator123 said:

I dont own him. I just don't see a scat back like breida holding up on a heavy workload. Its like chris thompson in Washington but not as much talent imo. 

Hyde is the only reason why the 49ers were in many of the games they played this year ESPECIALLY at SEA. I can't believe they would not just run him into the ground.

2 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Hyde is the only reason why the 49ers were in many of the games they played this year ESPECIALLY at SEA. I can't believe they would not just run him into the ground.

the entire org is in rebuilding mode. if hyde was a rookie, this would be different. gotta max your player values and build for the next 5 years

The good news is he has an absolutely terrible match up on the road where they are most likely going to get blown out at which point he will be phased out anyways. So I can confidently bench him and kick this can down the road another week. 

1 minute ago, Bluecore said:

The good news is he has an absolutely terrible match up on the road where they are most likely going to get blown out at which point he will be phased out anyways. So I can confidently bench him and kick this can down the road another week. 

Top 10 run defense....don't know how the carries will be split....WSH should get up on them.  Sitting for Perine...ouch.

Am I crazy for slotting in a McKinnon type over Hyde at this point?

Certainly feels like a safer play.....that famous phrase "fool me once..." keeps playing in my head.

What sucks is even if Hyde goes off on my bench I'm still going to be questioning his usage going forward.

12 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

I own both and Breida has looked like JAG.  He also weighs around 190 which is way too light. Hyde is 10 times better than him.

Other than the Colts huge tank job a few years back this is the most obvious one I've seen and it makes me lose respect for the coaching staff and organization.

1 minute ago, meverett85 said:

Am I crazy for slotting in a McKinnon type over Hyde at this point?

Certainly feels like a safer play.....that famous phrase "fool me once..." keeps playing in my head.

What sucks is even if Hyde goes off on my bench I'm still going to be questioning his usage going forward.

If it's like 12/100/1 yeah but if it's 23/100/1 then I wouldn't question it going forward.

14 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Maybe thats the reason he is in the doghouse? 

21 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I own both and Breida has looked like JAG.  He also weighs around 190 which is way too light. Hyde is 10 times better than him.

Other than the Colts huge tank job a few years back this is the most obvious one I've seen and it makes me lose respect for the coaching staff and organization.

Unfortunately they care very little about our fantasy teams and more about the real life team. 

Just now, shakestreet said:

Spoken like a true Breida owner

I own neither. I try to avoid backfield in which their is absolutely no solid starter. 

If the above was true I wouldn't have very good depth :lol:

17 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Unfortunately they care very little about our fantasy teams and more about the real life team. 

He looks like JAG in real life. That term has nothing to do with fantasy.

Juszczyk inactive...not much of an impact between the two, but I would hope this leads to at least even playing time

6 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

He looks like JAG in real life. That term has nothing to do with fantasy.

Was referring to the tank job. Not Breida being JAG