elite

Carlos Hyde 2017 Season Outlook

Glad I rolled with him this week. When healthy, he is simply too talented to be on a bench in fantasy. That being said, I think selling would be wise now that his trade value got a bump back up. Too much of a headache with his team wanting to rebuild, negative gamescript, unpredictable coach, QB drama.

1 minute ago, Sonny_D said:

13 for 28. Stud. 

2.2 ypc. Hall of Fame.

3 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

13 for 28. Stud. 

shhhh. I'm hoping the goal line vulture points will raise his worth in people's eyes. It's not fair to ignore his 5 catches for 47 yards either.. He is pace for 61 receptions.

Apparently Hyde is simply a TD dependent RB2.  Good to know...  what's he like top 6 or 7 in points for the season right now?

You can hate on him all you want because of the stats but the fact is he far outplayed Breida. Washington run D is actually pretty good. Next week vs Dallas the ceiling is pointing up in terms of overall production. I don't see SF having to play catchup as much as one might think due to DAL offense not being all that scary this year.

2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

You can hate on him all you want because of the stats but the fact is he far outplayed out-snapped Breida.

Fixed that for you.

10 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Fixed that for you.

I see you own Breida but not Hyde. That makes things self-explanatory. 

9 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S said:

Schefter just said the Niners “have not been and will not deal Hyde” on espn.

I'm so glad I started Elijah Wood over this turd. Why would he get goal line work what about the a rumors?!?!?!?!?!?!

ruuuuuumors?!?!?

34 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

2.2 ypc. Hall of Fame.

Hyde had 10 pts in receiving in PPR.  His new found 2017 pass game usage (you can thank Shanny for that) is the reason folks drafted him.  He's worth every penny in PPR, and he has a valuable cuff  behind him (for Hyde owners who have been wise enough to pick Breida up).  Give me two Hydes on every one of my teams please, especially while Zeke is AWOL.

As a Hyde owner: thank you thank you for his TDs, but yes, his limited ypc is worrying. No such problems receiving though.

Can somebody who watched the game (and is somewhat neutral) say what happened, did they use Hyde to pound the box, did the O-line not create meaningful holes or did Hyde seem immobile, etc?

Fan Pts

% Owned

Att

Yds

TD

40 Yd

Tgt*

Rec

Yds

TD

C. Hyde SF - RB

98%

M. Breida SF - RB

21%

47 minutes ago, altmin said:

Apparently Hyde is simply a TD dependent RB2.  Good to know...  what's he like top 6 or 7 in points for the season right now?

He had 75 yards..

Edit..Ok now I can see your first sentence was sarcastic.  

But yeah, its easy to be down on Hyde after last week's weird game, and all the news and coach speak coming out, but he still talented and other than the one game, is being treated like a feature back by the 49ers.

Edited by Hero202

25 minutes ago, Hero202 said:

He had 75 yards..

Edit..Ok now I can see your first sentence was sarcastic.  

But yeah, its easy to be down on Hyde after last week's weird game, and all the news and coach speak coming out, but he still talented and other than the one game, is being treated like a feature back by the 49ers.

Yup I was just quoting rotoworld. As usual only three people qualify to be RB1 status. Great for those 4 team leagues.

31 minutes ago, altmin said:

Yup I was just quoting rotoworld. As usual only three people qualify to be RB1 status. Great for those 4 team leagues.

Maybe that's the leagues the writers play in. I mean, judging by their fantasy knowledge it wouldn't really surprise anyone.

So what is the takeaway after this game?

Time to sell high? Or much ado about nothing with Breida?

Seems like a decent schedule for game script going forward.

What a bizarre 24 hours with this guy. Would love it if he got an extension ASAP to just put all this talk to rest.

48 minutes ago, slowride said:

Trash YPC.  Dropable in most leagues.  He might maintain Flex value.

Serioulsy? Lmao, so many ungrateful f***s on this forum. Cry about this and not happy about that. Please drop your Hyde sir then I hope you play I’m and he ***** all over your chest. 

Edited by iretirefromfantasy

All kidding aside, the advanced metrics show he hasn’t been very good. The TD’s today saved him. This front office and coach, from what I’ve read, are into advanced stats. We’ll see, but I would sell high. 

It's bull**** fantasy wise. I have little doubt that the nines shopped him. They prolly just tested the waters. 

50 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Serioulsy? Lmao, so many ungrateful

Don't feed the troll man.

Hyde dominates the touches like usual.   The only takeaway here is that you can’t listen to anything the Shanny regime says.    100% coachspeak. 

1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

Hyde dominates the touches like usual.   The only takeaway here is that you can’t listen to anything the Shanny regime says.    100% coachspeak. 

What coachspeak are you referring to?

Everything both Lynch and Shanahan have actually said has confirmed that folks should start Hyde until further notice.  

They have always said they like him, and they have never said they would reduce his  big share of the workload either running and receiving.  Saying that there isn't "a big difference" between Hyde and Breida wasn't a knock on Hyde.  It was a complement to Breida (whether you or I like Breida is irrelevant).

Also, Hyde owners got way too bent out of shape when Breida happened to split snaps in one game where Hyde just didn't perform well.  Following that game, Shanahan said that he believed that Indy had particular vulnerabilities that dictated the work load adjustment (i.e., that could be better exploited with Breida's speed).  Just as important, he did not say that he was unhappy with Hyde, or that Breida would be in for a greater share of the work going forward.  

Finally, did this week's so-called trade rumors come from Lynch's or Shanahan's mouths?   No.  Some saavy twitter whores knew we would be frothing at the mouth for any trade gossip on Hyde following Bowman's sudden release.  Didn't we learn anything from the "Hyde is going to be cut for Williams" nonsense in PS?

It is hilarious to read all this teeth gnashing and hand wringing over the new regime's decision-making when Lynch and Shanahan are absolutely the easiest pair of managers in the league to read accurately right now.  As part of their (some would say naive) plan to build goodwill with the SF fanbase and media, they have committed (at least for the time being) not to uttering a false word to the public about their intentions.  If they say something, they mean it.  If for strategic reason they can't say something truthful, they don't say anything at all.

Folks, you're making it way harder on yourselves than you need to.  Real information that can inform our decisions is being ignored in favor of speculation, innuendo and rumor mongering.  Until these two newbie NFL decision makers get burned enough by the media to go full Hoodie on us, take advantage of the rare opportunity to get real information from the source.  If you do, your own decisions regarding Niner players will be far better informed.

Edited by Rolling Thunder