elite

Carlos Hyde 2017 Season Outlook

5 hours ago, Rolling Thunder said:

Hyde had 10 pts in receiving in PPR.  His new found 2017 pass game usage (you can thank Shanny for that) is the reason folks drafted him.  He's worth every penny in PPR, and he has a valuable cuff  behind him (for Hyde owners who have been wise enough to pick Breida up).  Give me two Hydes on every one of my teams please, especially while Zeke is AWOL.

Thank you.

hes getting about 5 receptions a game. Add to the fact that he's the number one in San Fran. I see him as a RB1. I see his situation similar to mccoy

6 hours ago, krest509 said:

This f me up I bench Hyde for gallman 

so go figure

...uwot

Just now, krest509 said:

yes I did man.. to much drama up until the week

Dang, that is a tough one...but hey, we've all been there though! Live and learn! You'll make the right call next time!

Just now, Shimmer said:

Dang, that is a tough one...but hey, we've all been there though! Live and learn! You'll make the right call next time!

thanks Man..
he did ran only for 28 yds..
and I thought Gallman was going to get most of the carries and pass play... NYG went RBBC with Darkwa Leading the way
I am down 33 Points With Walker, Mack and Titans D
what do you think?

7 minutes ago, krest509 said:

thanks Man..
he did ran only for 28 yds..
and I thought Gallman was going to get most of the carries and pass play... NYG went RBBC with Darkwa Leading the way
I am down 33 Points With Walker, Mack and Titans D
what do you think?

You lost.

8 hours ago, Rolling Thunder said:

Finally, did this week's so-called trade rumors come from Lynch's or Shanahan's mouths?   No.  Some saavy twitter whores knew we would be frothing at the mouth for any trade gossip on Hyde following Bowman's sudden release.  Didn't we learn anything from the "Hyde is going to be cut for Williams" nonsense in PS?

It is hilarious to read all this teeth gnashing and hand wringing over the new regime's decision-making when Lynch and Shanahan are absolutely the easiest pair of managers in the league to read accurately right now.  As part of their (some would say naive) plan to build goodwill with the SF fanbase and media, they have committed (at least for the time being) not to uttering a false word to the public about their intentions.  If they say something, they mean it. 

When asked about whether he "could confirm rumors" involving a possible Hyde trade, Shanahan's said the following during yesterday's post-game presser:

"No. That’s absolutely, absolutely 100 percent false. There is nothing true about that.”

Notice that he did not say something like "We have discussions with other teams about players all of the time.  We are always exploring ways to make our team better," etc.  

Since early this pre-season, Lynch and Shanahan have liked Hyde as their 3 down lead RB.  Counting yesterday's statement, they have never said otherwise.  

That doesn't mean Hyde won't get traded.  A trade could still happen even though Hyde is well liked.  If you own Hyde, owning Breida too is the best strategy you can employ.

Shanny Jr has turned into Shanny Sr with the mind games. I'm already hating myself for investing in the Shanny backfield. Feels like pre-2010.

14 minutes ago, chrismikayla said:

Anyone looking to sell high after his game yesterday?

they have a (potential) Zeke-less Cowboys rolling in next Monday night ... i'd hold until afterward so one could enjoy the 30 pt (ppr) hammer he's gonna lay down on National TeeVee. 

10 hours ago, Rolling Thunder said:

What coachspeak are you referring to?

Everything both Lynch and Shanahan have actually said has confirmed that folks should start Hyde until further notice.  

They have always said they like him, and they have never said they would reduce his  big share of the workload either running and receiving.  Saying that there isn't "a big difference" between Hyde and Breida wasn't a knock on Hyde.  It was a complement to Breida (whether you or I like Breida is irrelevant).

Also, Hyde owners got way too bent out of shape when Breida happened to split snaps in one game where Hyde just didn't perform well.  Following that game, Shanahan said that he believed that Indy had particular vulnerabilities that dictated the work load adjustment (i.e., that could be better exploited with Breida's speed).  Just as important, he did not say that he was unhappy with Hyde, or that Breida would be in for a greater share of the work going forward.  

Finally, did this week's so-called trade rumors come from Lynch's or Shanahan's mouths?   No.  Some saavy twitter whores knew we would be frothing at the mouth for any trade gossip on Hyde following Bowman's sudden release.  Didn't we learn anything from the "Hyde is going to be cut for Williams" nonsense in PS?

Folks, you're making it way harder on yourselves than you need to.  Real information that can inform our decisions is being ignored in favor of speculation, innuendo and rumor mongering.  Until these two newbie NFL decision makers get burned enough by the media to go full Hoodie on us, take advantage of the rare opportunity to get real information from the source.  If you do, your own decisions regarding Niner players will be far better informed.

Good clarification RT,   The lines between what the organization believes and social media are blurrier than ever.    

However,  stating that there isn’t a big difference between Hyde and Breida is clearly an attempt to prop up Breida/ keep Hyde motivated-  no?  The differences are pretty apparent, and Breida seems a stretch to be able to handle every down work.   But I am bias against undersized backs.  

I’ll restate-  

Hyde should be started weekly in almost all leagues without regard to the twitter trolls and hot take artists.   

Edited by Impreza178

I’m thinking the QB change in SF will only benefit Hyde. I imagine they’ll prefer an experienced RB in the backfield with Beathard most of the time and he’ll use Hyde as a safety outlet a bunch. What a difference a week makes. 

49 minutes ago, rgernon said:

I’m thinking the QB change in SF will only benefit Hyde. I imagine they’ll prefer an experienced RB in the backfield with Beathard most of the time and he’ll use Hyde as a safety outlet a bunch. What a difference a week makes. 

An offense that actually moves the chains will be a big boost to Hyde's stock.  Frankly, it's remarkable he's been as bankable in PPR as he's been with Hoyer killing the offense so much.

This offense still needs a franchise QB, OGs and true #1 WR to really make some noise.  Shanahan has pieced this thing together with replacement level talent while Lynch focuses on building an elite D. 

Even with Hoyer sabotaging things, they have lost 5 straight by 3 or fewer points, with back-to-back OT losses.  That recent history is a major data point when assessing match ups going forward.  

6 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

I am holding him, you all can trade. 

That’s how I feel about all my RBs at the moment. I’ve already lost Cook and Carson. Tried to rebuild my stable a little because Fournette was my only RB left standing a couple weeks ago. I don’t want to be in that position again especially with the way this season has been going with RBs around the league. A true shortage of dependable RB1’s and RB2’s it seems. I’m gonna keep my guys unless I get an offer I can’t refuse. 

I was actively shopping Hyde for 3 weeks for a wr1 but after seeing fournette almost go down  and elliot uncertainty, screw it, i'm keeping him. I still don't have confidence hyde is a must start with the shanny coach speak and the upcoming schedule but no point in trading away a serviceable rb  while everyone is scrambling. i will let the trade offers come to me going forward. 

if i started hyde this week i woulda won. dudes gonna go back into my LU. think rumors of his demise were premature.

I love everything fantasy sports related but lately Matthew Berry has been irking me. Who here thinks they were trying to “showcase” Hyde as Berry states? Even thought the coach put all that to bed, am I to gullible by believeing the coaches? 

and now this ...

Two days after releasing veteran linebacker NaVorro Bowman, a report surfaced that the 49ers might be looking to move another big name before the trade deadline — running back Carlos Hyde.

A short time later, however, ESPN’s Adam Schefter contradicted that report, saying that “there has been speculation that the 49ers could trade running back Carlos Hyde, but the team hasn’t had any trade talks involving him and does not plan to have any, according to a team source.”

Ian Rapoport of NFL Network went even further Monday morning, reporting on KNBR’s Murph & Mac show that not only are the 49ers not looking to offload Hyde, but that the two parties are working on a long-term contract extension to keep the running back in San Francisco.

“I don’t see any smoke or fire in this case,” Rapoport said. “I mean I know there was an internet report or whatever that is, but they’re in talks for a long-term extension, so I would have a very hard time believing a team would say ‘alright Carlos Hyde, we’re making you an offer. You’re going to be our long-term running back…or we just trade you and get a draft pick.’ That doesn’t mesh.

“Teams are judged by their actions, and the 49ers’ actions right now are trying to sign Carlos Hyde to a long-term contract. I mean is there a price for everyone? Yeah. I imagine if they got a first-round pick for him, they would probably take it, but I don’t see that happening either. To me this is a guy the 49ers believe is a part of their future.”

Hyde, 26, has been solid in his first season under head coach/offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan, averaging 4.2 yards per carry with four touchdowns, and is currently ranked 10th in the NFL in total rushing yards. On the other hand, Pro Football Focus, which grades every player on every play, has Hyde ranked has the the second least effective rusher in the NFL this year among the 52 qualifying players.

Hyde’s four-year rookie contract will be up after this season.

Tempted to start him against Dallas over Ingram or Kamara but I'm worried that he appears to have become touchdown dependent in a weak offense. Especially in a standard league.

25 minutes ago, chrismikayla said:

Tempted to start him against Dallas over Ingram or Kamara but I'm worried that he appears to have become touchdown dependent in a weak offense. Especially in a standard league.

Consider the TDs a bonus, but the yards are there too - 500 yds in 6 games so far, one of which he left early. Ingram can compare to that (almost), but Kamara is a lot less so far. And Hyde plays home against Dallas - he's in my line-up anyway.