elite

Carlos Hyde 2017 Season Outlook

I'm rolling with Hyde ROS. You don't want to sell low based on rumours. Once they get a new contract done, he is entrenched as their bellcow RB. At that point you might get fair value in a trade, but unless you are absolutely loaded at RB, I wouldn't give Hyde away. Shanny's zone blocking scheme fits him perfectly, that's exactly what he did in college. Great one-cut-and-go runner who is tough to bring down. One of the best goalline runners in the league. Great pass catcher too, which gives him a solid floor even if they are down a few scores. Beathard really had an eye on him in the passing game, even more than Hoyer.

Solid RB1 in all formats! Can't find 10 RBs that I'd put over him.

1 hour ago, Boudewijn said:

Consider the TDs a bonus, but the yards are there too - 500 yds in 6 games so far, one of which he left early. Ingram can compare to that (almost), but Kamara is a lot less so far. And Hyde plays home against Dallas - he's in my line-up anyway.

Good points. I think I'll start Hyde and Bell as my starting backs and Ingram as my flex against Green Bay. I think talk of Ingram losing more touches to Kamara might be a little overblown, at least for now.

1 hour ago, chrismikayla said:

Good points. I think I'll start Hyde and Bell as my starting backs and Ingram as my flex against Green Bay. I think talk of Ingram losing more touches to Kamara might be a little overblown, at least for now.

I think ingram vs kamara touches are going to vary week to week depending on gameflow and what Payton schemes. Either one is fantasy viable. All u need from kamara is 15 touches for the flex

On 10/16/2017 at 7:22 AM, Shimmer said:

Dang, that is a tough one...but hey, we've all been there though! Live and learn! You'll make the right call next time!

No we all haven't. That's stupid with a Capitol S. 

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article179027746.html

Kyle Shanahan said rumors late last week that the 49ers were talking to other teams about trading running back Carlos Hyde were “absolutely, absolutely 100 percent false.”

And if that wasn’t enough: “Nothing true about that,” the 49ers coach added.

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 11:36 AM, oliminator123 said:

Anyone else feeling a Breida game coming up?

Only if you're predicting a Hyde injury.

A couple of red flags for this matchup. Stud FB Kyle Juscyck is out and Sean Lee will be back for DAL.

5 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

A couple of red flags for this matchup. Stud FB Kyle Juscyck is out and Sean Lee will be back for DAL.

How much does this downgrade Hyde?

Juszcyk didn't play last game and obviously Hyde wasn't the most efficient on the ground. Still a solid start, but not quite as ideal as it could've been.

Just now, chrismikayla said:

Do other Hyde owners trust him this week against Philly and that run defense?

I have no choice gurley is on a bye and it's either lamar miller or hyde so hyde gets it by default

1 minute ago, chrismikayla said:

No, but given RB injuries and bye weeks I'd assume that most Hyde owners don't have better options.

1 minute ago, chrismikayla said:

From what I have read it seems like PHI is going to be in a down pour during the game....

1 minute ago, Al O'Pecia said:

No, but given RB injuries and bye weeks I'd assume that most Hyde owners don't have better options.

Thanks I don't know who to fire up between he and Ingram at Chicago.

2 minutes ago, chrismikayla said:

First, that Saints game is at home in New Orleans.

Second, I'd definitely start Ingram over Hyde.  Ingram has put up huge numbers since the Saints traded Peterson, and I'd assume that the Saints will have a lead on a Bears team that struggles to put up points and the Saints will run out the clock in the second half.

2 minutes ago, Al O'Pecia said:

First, that Saints game is at home in New Orleans.

Second, I'd definitely start Ingram over Hyde.  Ingram has put up huge numbers since the Saints traded Peterson, and I'd assume that the Saints will have a lead on a Bears team that struggles to put up points and the Saints will run out the clock in the second half.

Hopefully they run it out with KAMARA.

Any chance Hyde is going to get traded?  I REALLY need my Breida roster spot open as early as before 8:30 tonight.

Just now, KuNiT21 said:

Any chance Hyde is going to get traded?  I REALLY need my Breida roster spot open as early as before 8:30 tonight.

Yeah since we peasants on this forum have that information. 

5 minutes ago, chrismikayla said:

With the way things have been trending, I think Ingram is the move here in your case. Back to Hyde, 1-2 inches of rain is expected in Philly for this game. I'm hoping both teams are forced to play conservative and pound the rock. Hyde should have a chance to get the touches he deserves. Maybe, just maybe, Wentz won't have San Fran playing behind by 3 scores after a quarter and a half go by. It's such a shame, Hyde really could be week in and week out a top 7 back if he just had a better situation. San Fran KILLS his value. 

2 hours ago, Motown_Magic said:

With the way things have been trending, I think Ingram is the move here in your case. Back to Hyde, 1-2 inches of rain is expected in Philly for this game. I'm hoping both teams are forced to play conservative and pound the rock. Hyde should have a chance to get the touches he deserves. Maybe, just maybe, Wentz won't have San Fran playing behind by 3 scores after a quarter and a half go by. It's such a shame, Hyde really could be week in and week out a top 7 back if he just had a better situation. San Fran KILLS his value. 

A bit dramatic don’t u think?   He’s rb10 or something in standard.    It would be nice if they were more prolific on offense but as long as he gets work regardless— he’s a rb1 weekly.  

4 hours ago, KuNiT21 said:

Any chance Hyde is going to get traded? 

Earlier in this thread we decided that chance is near zero. The 49ers have made it clear they like Hyde and they have a good reputation for being clear about their intentions.

It could always happen, but don't base your plans on it.