elite

Carlos Hyde 2017 Season Outlook

18 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

A bit dramatic don’t u think?   He’s rb10 or something in standard.    It would be nice if they were more prolific on offense but as long as he gets work regardless— he’s a rb1 weekly.  

I have a hard time feeling confident week in and week out with this guy in my lineup. You could say his 8 carries for 11 yards performance 3 weeks ago was an outlier, but he followed it up with a 13 for 28 the next week. This game was salvaged by 2 TDs but that had potential to be two back-to-back duds. Gamescript is never in his favor, and he has been failing to reach the workload you'd expect from a top 10 RB.

11 minutes ago, Motown_Magic said:

I have a hard time feeling confident week in and week out with this guy in my lineup. You could say his 8 carries for 11 yards performance 3 weeks ago was an outlier, but he followed it up with a 13 for 28 the next week. This game was salvaged by 2 TDs but that had potential to be two back-to-back duds. Gamescript is never in his favor, and he has been failing to reach the workload you'd expect from a top 10 RB.

Blame it on the O-line.  LT Staley isn't playing at a high level anymore, and I bet you see a different C and two different OGs next season.  RT Trent Brown is the only decent guy, and guess what, he may not play Sunday (concussion).  Add to the dreadful O-Line the fact that Hyde is still mastering a new run scheme (for him) and you can see how Hyde has been operating against some rather stiff headwinds. 

Until they get more legit players onto the roster (there is literally over $100 million of cap space that needs to be invested in additional players, not to mention a bunch of high draft picks this off-season), I don't know if there is an answer to Hyde's predicament ROS.  He is going to give you his all, which you can only hope will be good enough for you each week.  At least Shanahan is riding him for all he's worth, which is more than you can say for 90% of the CSs around the league. 

Edited by Rolling Thunder

1 hour ago, Motown_Magic said:

Considering he was drafted in the 3rd/ 4th rounds in most leagues...it’s hard to expect much more than we are getting.    If anything those 2 tds prove he doesn’t need a good game to come through for fantasy owners.  

4 hours ago, Rolling Thunder said:

Blame it on the O-line.  LT Staley isn't playing at a high level anymore, and I bet you see a different C and two different OGs next season.  RT Trent Brown is the only decent guy, and guess what, he may not play Sunday (concussion).  Add to the dreadful O-Line the fact that Hyde is still mastering a new run scheme (for him) and you can see how Hyde has been operating against some rather stiff headwinds. 

Until they get more legit players onto the roster (there is literally over $100 million of cap space that needs to be invested in additional players, not to mention a bunch of high draft picks this off-season), I don't know if there is an answer to Hyde's predicament ROS.  He is going to give you his all, which you can only hope will be good enough for you each week.  At least Shanahan is riding him for all he's worth, which is more than you can say for 90% of the CSs around the league. 

Really appreciate the in depth insight, this all makes complete sense. Throw in a bottom 5 defense on top of the O-Line and scheme adjustments, and it's amazing we have gotten what we've gotten from this 35-45 overall pick this year. I guess I gotta look at the big picture and appreciate this. Still, my weekly concerns with him in my lineups are obviously warranted. Dude has such an uphill battle. 

Carlos Hyde, RB, San Francisco 49ers (@ Philadelphia) – The match-up for Hyde looks tough against a Philadelphia defenses ranking second-best in both yards per carry allowed (3.06) and rushing fantasy points per game allowed (6.8) to opposing running backs. Still, Hyde ranks sixth-best among running backs in expected fantasy points per game (18.1), and should be held afloat by a high receiving-floor. The Eagles are allowing the seventh-most receiving fantasy points per game to opposing running backs (13.5), and Hyde has seen 14 targets over the past two weeks. Hyde also retains high touchdown-potential should San Francisco find themselves near the end zone, as his 10 carries inside the 5-yard line leads the league.

Rotten weather in Philly this weekend. Wind gusts, rain, downpours at times potentially.

You never know with the weather, but if the forecast sticks, Hyde could be money as the weather acts as the great equalizer.

I've been wanting to trade him for weeks but it's hard to see who would be good value for him.  I could try to buy low on Ajayi, but man I think I'd rather have Hyde.  Think I'm stuck with this guy.  At least he's got those receiving chops for us PPR players.  Tough season ROS.

9 minutes ago, bemsha said:

I've been wanting to trade him for weeks but it's hard to see who would be good value for him.  I could try to buy low on Ajayi, but man I think I'd rather have Hyde.  Think I'm stuck with this guy.  At least he's got those receiving chops for us PPR players.  Tough season ROS.

I would much prefer Hyde over Ajayi, Hyde way more involved in pass game and has a nose for the end zone

Seems like one of those tough road games where everybody writes him off in advance, yet Hyde finds a way to carve out 100 yards and a TD or two.

30 minutes ago, frog34 said:

Seems like one of those tough road games where everybody writes him off in advance, yet Hyde finds a way to carve out 100 yards and a TD or two.

I agree.  People get way too caught up in their ability to stack pros and cons.    The truth is we have no idea how the game unfolds.   A guy with as big a role as Hyde has a lot of paths to a good game.    Just play him and hope for the best imo.   Every week 

3 hours ago, frog34 said:

His average is around 80 all purpose yards and half a TD, but I like what you're hoping for :)

Realistically though this is going to be a very tough match where they could be down a lot. I'm starting him, but not expecting miracles.

3 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

People get way too caught up in their ability to stack pros and cons.

Even this is fine as long as you have statistics to back you up and a % to value each effect. If that's not your thing just start your studs.

And never get caught up in the weekly roto hype :)

Just now, Sternes said:

I see the numbers, but am curious as to how he looked.

It was a messy day for the offense against one of the best defenses in football.    No garbage time love either.    Carlos looked fine just not his day.  Such is life on a bad team.  

As I just posted in the Beathard thread, the talent/injury situation with the O-line is worse than I've seen on any team in years.   Brown and a declining Staley were the only two replacement level talents on the O-line.  Now they're out.  God himself couldn't run a functional offense with this current O-line group.

13 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

As I just posted in the Beathard thread, the talent/injury situation with the O-line is worse than I've seen on any team in years.   Brown and a declining Staley were the only two replacement level talents on the O-line.  Now they're out.  God himself couldn't run a functional offense with this current O-line group.

Yup, but i have to play someone when Gordon is out next week, and Ajayi doesn't give me much hope. Sigh. Maybe Demarco Murray will take next week of and I can put Henry in.

sigh

44 minutes ago, Slimzy17 said:

I'm hoping he gets traded.

So am I. I have Breida and it would benefit owners of both of them. 

13 minutes ago, Baldy8 said:

So am I. I have Breida and it would benefit owners of both of them. 

Yup, I've been continuing to hold Breida just in case they actually pull the trigger and trade Hyde.  Hyde's value goes way up and I gain a starting RB.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Patriots go after him. Gillislee has proven to be much worse than Blount, but BB likes to have a punishing bruiser especially when it gets cold. Dion Lewis is really good but not very powerful.

We've been through this before (two weeks ago?), they've made pretty clear they're not trading him and @Rolling Thunder (who clearly knows the niners) considers this is a coaching staff that doesn't play games. 

We can fun though naming teams that could use him and where he could get us points ;)