elite

Carlos Hyde 2017 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

So 5 weeks for Jimmy to get a handle on the offense and take over?

 

I would think he'd get a shot right after the bye, week 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Think it’ll take that long for him to play?

 

 could be sooner, Brisset didnt take long but I have no idea how shannahan will bring him into his sytem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like this for Hyde's value. I think Garropolo will be starting right away. He is a massive upgrade over what they have regardless of how much he knows the playbook. Dumb it down for him for the first week or two.

 

Losing Staley hurts though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Offensive Line is in really bad shape at the moment though. At the end of the game, SF had no available extras and guys playing out of position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has a neutral or positive effect. Also, beyond actual performance...this trade could have a rallying effect on the team. A little mental boost based on the moxy of the guy breaking the huddle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tenner said:

This has a neutral or positive effect. Also, beyond actual performance...this trade could have a rallying effect on the team. A little mental boost based on the moxy of the guy breaking the huddle. 

I was thinking maybe they use Hyde to recoup some of the loss due to garopalo. They aren't going anywhere. Try and get a 5th or whatever for Hyde.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Tenner said:

This has a neutral or positive effect. Also, beyond actual performance...this trade could have a rallying effect on the team. A little mental boost based on the moxy of the guy breaking the huddle. 

 

Even the former backup soon t be starting QB has +1 more superbowl ring than the starters on the niners. . .  that alone gives a psychological boost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Watch Dallas trade for Hyde :huh:

Yes please than I can  have both brieda and Hyde at rbs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Niners tanking for Barkley...Jimmy G's first game will probably be against the Giants, but you just can't trust the o-line, been bad for a while now. Sf will probably want to get Breida more involved in the passing game too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SuperHans said:

I hope he gets traded... worth the gamble at this point.

 

Yes, please trade him.  He deserves a chance to play for an immediate winner, and Breida can be productive in a slightly different way than Hyde has been.  Breida won't eek out the additional yards after contact that Hyde does, but he will generate more chunk yard plays in both the run and pass game.  Everybody wins, Hyde, Breida, SF and us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

 

Yes, please trade him.  He deserves a chance to play for an immediate winner, and Breida can be productive in a slightly different way than Hyde has been.  Breida won't eek out the additional yards after contact that Hyde does, but he will generate more chunk yard plays in both the run and pass game.  Everybody wins, Hyde, Breida, SF and us.

   I don’t believe for a second that SF wins by trading their best offensive player.  Hyde with Garoppalo is a nice start,  now you can auction off your pending early first rounder for a couple Oline prospects and maybe a wr.   That trade was a huge score for you.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

   I don’t believe for a second that SF wins by trading their best offensive player.  Hyde with Garoppalo is a nice start,  now you can auction off your pending early first rounder for a couple Oline prospects and maybe a wr.   That trade was a huge score for you.  

 

They really are better off trading him.  Saying that Hyde is their best offensive player (debatable now that JG is in the fold) isn't saying much.  For all his efforts to conform without complaining, which is commendable, Hyde will be replaced soon (probably this off season) by someone who fits the system better.  Hanging on to him is simply a waste.  Assuming they can get something worthwhile for him (maybe they can't), it would be a win/win to move him to the right place.

 

Selfishly, I am also interested in seeing how Breida produces in a lead role.  Lots of folks dismiss him, but I remain comfortable sticking my neck out predicting he'll surprise the naysayers.  Among the limited snaps that Breida has played this season, I have seen proof of my beliefs.  Unless Hyde is traded though (I won't wish injury on him), Breida's capabilities (or lack thereof) in this particular offense won't be fully revealed this season.  I really hope that somehow Hyde gets moved.

 

Edited by Rolling Thunder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coach Kyle Shanahan said he "can't promise" Jimmy Garoppolo will play this season.

Interesting. Shanahan's offense is one that takes a lot of studying and reps to learn, as Matt Ryan can attest to back in 2015. But we'd guess it would take quite a lot for the Niners not to at least put Garoppolo in there at some point to see what they have, especially with C.J. Beathard playing so horribly the past two weeks. But it's going to take time for Garoppolo to get comfortable in a completely new scheme, and asking him to start before the Week 11 bye would be a tall task. The Niners are going nowhere at 0-8 and have nothing to lose by putting Garoppolo under center for a month to close out the year. This news suggests he's not worth adding in redraft leagues.
 
 
Nov 1 - 3:59 PM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Coach Kyle Shanahan said he "can't promise" Jimmy Garoppolo will play this season.

Interesting. Shanahan's offense is one that takes a lot of studying and reps to learn, as Matt Ryan can attest to back in 2015. But we'd guess it would take quite a lot for the Niners not to at least put Garoppolo in there at some point to see what they have, especially with C.J. Beathard playing so horribly the past two weeks. But it's going to take time for Garoppolo to get comfortable in a completely new scheme, and asking him to start before the Week 11 bye would be a tall task. The Niners are going nowhere at 0-8 and have nothing to lose by putting Garoppolo under center for a month to close out the year. This news suggests he's not worth adding in redraft leagues.
 
 
Nov 1 - 3:59 PM

Shanahan is an idiot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.