Red Sox Nation

Charlie Morton 2017 Outlook

42 minutes ago, rrrich46 said:

Ugh.  The SP wasteland keeps growing. *sigh*

The really sad part for me is setting my line ups just now I didn't even notice that he had gone on the D/L. To many players this year getting injured.

So he can pump 99 every 5 days but he blows out his lat playing catch? Yup, definitely a pitcher. 

1 hour ago, Low and Away said:

The really sad part for me is setting my line ups just now I didn't even notice that he had gone on the D/L. To many players this year getting injured.

It's sadder being "happy" to pick up Brad Peacock :blink:

• Like 1

This will probably be one of those skipping one start BS DL stints. 

4 hours ago, Red Sox Nation said:

Charlie Morton has been my fleeting yet failing love affair for years. He's shown some real flashes this year, but agreed he's done that before. The overall numbers do leave a lot to be desired, but the amount of wins (I know, overrated and fluky stat, but he'll get his playing for the Astros) and k's he racks up aren't easily findable. Idk how long he's out, but there's still 3.65 ERA potential here (he's at 3.64 in May) . The WHIP is another story tho..

Ah I see. Didn't know Charlie was a longtime pet project of yours (I noticed you started his 2017 as well).

My apologies if it appeared I was trolling / excessively hating. ;)

19 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Ah I see. Didn't know Charlie was a longtime pet project of yours (I noticed you started his 2017 as well).

My apologies if it appeared I was trolling / excessively hating. ;)

Haha yup. My first line from the thread (where, as you mentioned, I started): "Started digging around for sleepers and came across my favorite every-year sleeper that keeps failing me"

2 hours ago, Cdub2k said:

This will probably be one of those skipping one start BS DL stints. 

For a lat strain? No way

1 hour ago, absknicks said:

For a lat strain? No way

How long does this injury typically last? Droppable?

• Like 1

I am the saddest of the sad today. ? 

9 minutes ago, papaphunk said:

Any updates> ?

Mon, Jun 5

Charlie Morton (lat) could resume a throwing program as soon as Tuesday.

Advice: It's far from a given, though, as the Astros will reassess where the right-hander is with his rehab. Morton is nearly two weeks removed from his last start and will require a rehab assignment before returning. It's going to be a while.

Any chance the Astros decide to skip his final tune up due to Paulino news? Yeah I know they are a ton of games in front, but could happen

Sat, Jul 1

Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports confirms Charlie Morton (lat) will return Saturday against the Blue Jays.

Advice: Morton will be ready to roll as long as he makes it through Sunday's rehab start for Double-A Corpus Christi without issue. He's been sidelined with a strained right lat since late May.

How do you guys see him ? Better than Fiers? What are his pros ?

8 hours ago, Kamura said:

How do you guys see him ? Better than Fiers? What are his pros ?

Pros - Strikeouts

Cons - Wild as Jenna Jameson in bed

• Like 1

Well worth a flier, esp in leagues that overvalue W's as he will get tons of run support. (which is most leagues I suppose, lol)

• Like 1

4.1 innings and 1 hit.  Ready 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, urban2014 said:

4.1 innings and 1 hit.  Ready 

Happy to have him back but still might be on my bench this week @Tor; might be on a pitch count & might just want to see one start first 

Just now, avswsop91 said:

Happy to have him back but still might be on my bench this week @Tor; might be on a pitch count & might just want to see one start first 

I mean the way the Jays are playing lately, doesn't scare anyone. But I get it

Looking at his last few starts prior to the d/l, im trying to find the appeal.  Can someone market him to me?  Because he's available and i wanna pick him up.

1 minute ago, crotchcrickets said:

Looking at his last few starts prior to the d/l, im trying to find the appeal.  Can someone market him to me?  Because he's available and i wanna pick him up.

Best team in the league, wins and Ks. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, avswsop91 said:

Agreed.  He rarely went past 5 innings when he was fully healthy so I highly doubt he'll go past 5 this start.  He's not an elite pitcher coming off the DL so I won't blindly throw him out there simply because he's healthy now.  I need to see a start before I plug him in my lineup.