elite

Julio Jones 2017 Season Outlook

46 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

"35 is all I need"

Roughly looking for 12 receptions, 180 yards and 2 touchdowns. Think you're undervaluing that stat line.

There is a 3 pt bonus for 100 yards so shouldn't be a problem?

30 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

I didn't watch the game last week. Did his ankle bother him at all?

For sure.  He was in and out of the line up but he will get his targets.  Touchdown, well number 2 doesn't look good.

Julio on record pace for most targets in a season with 1 or fewer TD's.

4 minutes ago, mjb said:

Julio on record pace for most targets in a season with 1 or fewer TD's.

His td total will go up to 3 after tonight’s game, you can take that to the bank. 9 catches for 200 yards and 2 tds.

Just now, shakennbakee said:

His td total will go up to 3 after tonight’s game, you can take that to the bank. 9 catches for 200 yards and 2 tds.

After he has one target in the first half.

Posted this in the game thread, what it's like watching Julio Jones play football

giphy.gif

Followed by...

giphy.gif

Edited by noles1983

Never drafting this sack-o-s--- again. Was real hesitant drafting him this year even in half PPR but when AB goes off the board the pick before you and ODB was already injured, your hands are tied

13 minutes ago, Del Rio said:

Never drafting this sack-o-s--- again. Was real hesitant drafting him this year even in half PPR but when AB goes off the board the pick before you and ODB was already injured, your hands are tied

5th pick? I was in the EXACT situation except I had my mind made up on Melvin Gordon. 

Then the Rodgers homer in my league grabbed him 2nd overall so Julio fell to me and well...

1 hour ago, Broncos132 said:

Great WR3 this year, great depth guy 

Still have to play the matchups though. Guy kind of reminds of Julio Jones. Could have some value next year.

Edited by nonstopfan

He's just another guy this year. It's amazing.

He's obviously not 100%, he doesn't look sharp on his cuts and his ankle is very noticeable on stop/start moves during his routes. I was not counting but by the naked eye he only appeared to be in for 50% of snaps. It seemed like most run plays he was on the sideline. They are telegraphing a bit with that. But not consistently enough for it to be a tell.

Give him a week off guys. Just kidding. They can't.

He's still a guy averaging over 9 targets a game over the past six weeks, including red zone targets. He's got a safe floor and you simply can't bench him because you aren't going to replace that target share.

9 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

He's still a guy averaging over 9 targets a game over the past six weeks, including red zone targets. He's got a safe floor and you simply can't bench him because you aren't going to replace that target share.

Any rebuttals out there to this post?  

Because the whining is ridiculous.  Bench him if he's only a depth bench guy then.

Back it up and do it ROS.   

I got Julio 6th overall, and how I regret it. A good season probably would have won me the league. Only good thing is he’s not on IR I guess.

On 8/31/2017 at 12:19 AM, cutter311 said:

I LOVE JJ11 (I have the Jersey to prove it)...Atlanta fan since Jerry Glanville, Elvis tickets and the new, black unis...Julio had 5 games last season where he scored less than 3 points (non-PPR). I Hope, Pray and WILL him to have great games whether or not I own him in fantasy...He's scary as hell and FUN as f**k to own. That said, I passed on him this season with draft spot #4 for Gordon. I HOPE I'm wrong, I truly do. He's the WR equivalent of Shady. He'll win you some weeks single-handedly, and lose you some weeks when he doesn't meet expectations. 

SOOOOO fun to watch, if the Birds had won the SB his sideline catch would have been GLORIOUS & HISTORIC....nevertheless, I drafted Melvin "freaking" Gordon over him, cuz I have concerns...take it for what it's worth

On 8/31/2017 at 7:21 AM, Trifecta said:

From my viewpoint, it's not worth much. 

[I'm mostly bringing this up in order to create a reverse jinx]

As a previous owner of JJ11 (and I've even tried to trade for him this season) I feel yer pain. After that 1st sideline masterful catch his evening, I was thinking this is the game...But sadly I think he is (perennially) knicked up and the offense is still just a few degrees off. He's actually been worse than I feared this season. That said, I'm about to go after him (Mixon + Crabtree) cuz I am hopeful. 

2 hours ago, LongBalls said:

If the best thing you can say about a Top 5 pick is that he has a "safe floor" it's pretty bad. Not saying there is a slew of better options but damn it sucks. 

Man, the 2 amazing catches he had, there's not many WRs that would have come down with both of them.

Julio is #10 in receiving yardage, which isn't too bad. Not the elite superhero WR you drafted, but WR1 territory judging by yardage. Unfortunately the next players with just one TD are TEs Delanie Walker and Jared Cook right around #30.

Positive regression will come for him though. For some curious reason, Julio has never been a great RZ jumpball target, despite his prototypical build and skillset. But with so many targets including RZ, it's hard to think he won't score some TDs down the stretch.

Don't expect elite fantasy production, but a comfortable WR1 finish.