elite

Julio Jones 2017 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, iKauai said:

I have Julio and I am not freaking out in the slightest about him missing practice.

 

What I am worried about? Benching/playing JJ who is my 1st rounder, even if he starts...

Maybe try being a little less dramatic.

 

You arent benching Julio Jones in the championship game.  We all know you aren't.  If you do youre a fool.  Sure, it might work out....but if it doesnt?  Hello second guessing yourself all offseason.

 

Gotta live or die with him at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, erick2008e said:

Before the season started I traded Gurley away for OBJ who then I flipped for Julio. In essence it was a Julio for Gurley trade & now I'm facing the Gurley owner in the championship games. Oh how I wish I owned Gurley instead.

 

I flipped Gurley for Mike Evans (I also have Julio) right after the draft and am also facing the Gurley owner in the championship. I don't think either of our trades were bad at the time, flipped a 2nd round pick for a top ten talent. It just didn't work out. OBJ probably would have ended up being an even trade for Gurley, Evans has ended up being a terrible trade.

 

There is probably a 10% chance Julio drops 30+ on Sunday, 50% chance he scores less than 10 and a 40% chance he puts up 12-18 point (ppr). Is what it is, I'll roll the dice with a guy that has underperformed and has a massive ceiling. The more bad games he has the closer he is to having a good one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2017 at 11:31 AM, afl5013 said:

Made it to the championship despite his performance. PLEASE MAKE UP FOR IT THIS WEEK!

 

Scares me because usually the second division game of the year is a little harder to score in.

Forget about him scoring, just hope for catches and lots of yards. I’ve never seen a player of his caliber unable to find the end zone. I don’t expect much with 2017 Ryan and Lattimore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And to think shannon big mouth sharpe proclaimed Jones the best in the league. jones should send Brown an apology. Hell, even when Julio does  have a fluky good game an injury isn't far behind. Straight overhyped bum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 77georgec said:

Straight overhyped bum.

 

/thread.

 

I should paste this in the AJGJAG thread as well and put an end to that one too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Funkenstein said:

Maybe try being a little less dramatic.

 

You arent benching Julio Jones in the championship game.  We all know you aren't.  If you do youre a fool.  Sure, it might work out....but if it doesnt?  Hello second guessing yourself all offseason.

 

Gotta live or die with him at this point.

I'm guessing you didn't watch his last game?

 

Slightly injured JJ against Lattimore? 

I might take my chances on Funchess/Landry/Fitzgerald etc..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Treating him and Mike Evans the same way.... if you play him, you are hoping for a ceiling play. Play him less than 100 percent with this version of Matt Ryan versus Lattimore... no thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, iKauai said:

I'm guessing you didn't watch his last game?

 

Slightly injured JJ against Lattimore? 

I might take my chances on Funchess/Landry/Fitzgerald etc..

 

Julio dropped 100 yards against Lattimore two weeks ago. I'm not a huge proponent of "play your studs," but come on now.

Edited by LongBalls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

 

Julio dropped 100 yards against Lattimore two weeks ago. I'm not a huge proponent of "play your studs," but come on now.

Anyone remember 2015 when the Panthers had a top defense with Norman, week 16 in 2015 the Falcons played the Panthers and that elite defense with Norman and put up 9 catches for 178 yards and 1 td

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shakennbakee said:

Anyone remember 2015 when the Panthers had a top defense with Norman, week 16 in 2015 the Falcons played the Panthers and that elite defense with Norman and put up 9 catches for 178 yards and 1 td

 

Sure do that's why I'm only looking for a reason but not yet benching.

 

If dude does not practice at all and expects me to start him when he does nothing on a regular basis anyway - not gonna do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At some point in the season you have to tell yourself a stud isn't a stud anymore. Its the last week. He has a tough matchup on top of that. Im not saying to bench him but if you have other good options with good matchups it really wouldn't be that crazy of a move. If you lose because of it its still really not a terrible decision depending on what you have and you went with your gut, so be it. It could also be a reverse situation where julio puts up 5 points and the guys on your bench go off. He is as much of a coin flip as any decent WR with a good matchup. For example juju and martavis bryant without AB are really not bad options. Either one or both can go off against the texans easily. I would even be tempted to put wallace in that mix with no maclin and a home game against the colts. He's been getting like 8-10 targets a game with maclin.

Edited by StevenSC400

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, shakennbakee said:

Anyone remember 2015 when the Panthers had a top defense with Norman, week 16 in 2015 the Falcons played the Panthers and that elite defense with Norman and put up 9 catches for 178 yards and 1 td

relevance to 2017's version of Julio??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

He also has a thumb injury.

Trouble catching as we’ve seen, drops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy...

 

At least it's a must win for the Falcons. Hopefully the Saints get a little too confident in Lattimore and leave him one on one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, afl5013 said:

This guy...

 

At least it's a must win for the Falcons. Hopefully the Saints get a little too confident in Lattimore and leave him one on one.

If it wasn't "must win," he very well might not play.  Not sure if the injury's are worse than Atlanta is letting on or it's Julio/Ryan just are just having down years.  The Falcons scare no one when it comes to facing them in the playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rotoworld states" Julio is a no-brainer top 5 Wr1 this week. Lol!!!!! 

Whoever wrote this should take a shoe right in the clackers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 77georgec said:

Rotoworld states" Julio is a no-brainer top 5 Wr1 this week. Lol!!!!! 

Whoever wrote this should take a shoe right in the clackers.

These brilliant minds have been ranking julio a top 5 WR every single week this year. While taking a big dump on players like fuller during his explosion, robby a during his explosion etc...I pay ZERO attention to these rankings anymore. These analysts are absolutely terrible. I can't believe they get paid for this trash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Laziness is what it is. 

 

We get it - it's a holiday. 

 

Proclaiming JJ as a "no brainer top 5" - as a supposed expert (i.e. someone being paid) - is malpractice imo. 

 

It's just not true in context.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 77georgec said:

Rotoworld states" Julio is a no-brainer top 5 Wr1 this week. Lol!!!!! 

Whoever wrote this should take a shoe right in the clackers.

??????????

 

I haven't laughed like that since I was a little girl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know they won't but I wish they'd make him inactive so I wouldn't fee obligated to play him (even as a WR3).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Although this game’s high-scoring potential gives Matt Ryan theoretical appeal, he emerged from these clubs’ Week 14 date with abominable QB29 results and has finished as the QB20 or worse in three straight starts. Ryan has been held below 260 yards in 9 of his last 11 games. He hasn’t thrown multiple touchdown passes since Week 11 and has done so in just 5-of-14 starts."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.