elite

Julio Jones 2017 Season Outlook

On 12/18/2017 at 5:39 PM, Bastardo! said:

Could be anything from sprained ankle in warm-ups to 400 yards receiving.

Are you feeling lucky?

On 12/20/2017 at 6:25 PM, LongBalls said:

Julio dropped 100 yards against Lattimore two weeks ago. I'm not a huge proponent of "play your studs," but come on now.

Dude has 3 TDs on the season.. THREE.

5 receptions against Lattimore who is a rookie while in ATL. 

Now they're going in to the Superdome against the same rook who should be hungry to shut down a wobbled JJ.

There is a long list of WRs I'd feel a lot more confident starting, but you go ahead and play your stud..

Edited by iKauai

1 hour ago, iKauai said:

Dude has 3 TDs on the season.. THREE.

5 receptions against Lattimore who is a rookie while in ATL. 

Now they're going in to the Superdome against the same rook who should be hungry to shut down a wobbled JJ.

There is a long list of WRs I'd feel a lot more confident starting, but you go ahead and play your stud..

Some of us don't have the option to sit him. 

9 minutes ago, 77georgec said:

Some of us don't have the option to sit him. 

Agree, it would take serious balls to start someone like Sterling Shepherd over him. 

Imagine if if the first Tampa game was a more modest 100 yard 1 TD game instead of the volcanic eruption? He has 1215 yards on the year, but it doesn’t quite feel like it.

Massively outgunned, and Julio and Michael Thomas as my receivers.  Oh well.  Made it this far anyway.

Tom PelisseroVerified account @TomPelissero
FollowFollow @TomPelissero
More

#Falcons star Julio Jones was wincing and kept grabbing at his taped-up left thumb before cutting his early warmup short. Did come back out, but worth monitoring in big game vs. #Saints. @nflnetwork

3 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

Massively outgunned, and Julio and Michael Thomas as my receivers.  Oh well.  Made it this far anyway.

Whaaaaaaat??

Julio Jones was seen "wincing" and playing with his injured left thumb during pregame warmups.

His thumb was heavily taped. Jones shook his head in frustration on his way to the locker room after leaving warmups early but returned later and didn't show any noticeable signs of discomfort. On top of his thumb and ankle injuries, Jones also has a difficult matchup with Marshon Lattimore, though he did manage five catches for 98 yards against him in Week 14. Despite injury and matchup concerns, Julio remains a must-start for championship week.

2 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

Ok feel a bit better

just saw a tweet that he caught a deep ball  in warmups and thumb didn’t appear to be an issue

Lmao wat the hell

he caught an uncontested deep ball in practice.  Now he’s good to go

Hoping I can scrape out ten combined points from Julio and Thomas at this point.  Ridiculous.

• I'm sure I'll get burned yet again but I took him out. First time yanking him from my lineup all season. Please don't let me down, Marty B. 

1 hour ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Weird, ghost town when he actually does perform ... seems fitting 

Merry XMas !

It was a good game, but again empty yards. He makes 150 yards with 0 TDs look effortless, even though it is somewhat difficult to do.

6 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

It was a good game, but again empty yards. He makes 150 yards with 0 TDs look effortless, even though it is somewhat difficult to do.

He was 6" from a TD... sark is a different coordinator. Doesn't even have him on the field inside of the 7 it seems... not his fault but that's killed his 1st round value.

Drafted Julio at #4 but if it's the same play caller next year he moves to round 2 for me.  It seemed he never hurt or helped me all year, minus the one game(which I still lost). Glad he put up a good end for the season helped me to a win! Allys forgiven but I will only take hmi, at value next year. 

Frustrating to own but this guy is consistently a part of my championship rosters. Given I usually trade for him in-season and don't spend the draft capital.

On 12/26/2017 at 3:37 PM, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Great call 

Yeah. It was predictable. It didn't cost me my match up. I was going to lose regardless, but it's classic that I stuck with him all year and he has a nice game when I sit him. Very FF appropriate. 

Highlight for me was his a** causing Sanu to drop a TD when for whatever reason they were in the identical spot on the field.

But - no mistake - a close second: at least he got over 70 yards.