elemenohpee

MLB.tv deals 2017

The blackout is determined by your IP address. I'm from the UK and I let a friend use my account to try and watch a Jays game that wasn't on TV in Canada and it didn't work, but he could watch any other game

This is true. It is the IP address that dictates whether you're subject to the blackout. It has nothing to do with zip code. I used my account to watch Brewers games while out-of-state travelling, but I can't get them at home. The zip code on my account is clearly within the blackout zone.

I got a couple questions for you guys with MLB TV. I live in Atlanta but I'm a big Dodgers fan. If/when the Braves play the Dodgers, would that series be blacked out? I know I'd be able to watch the series on TBS or FSN South but I'm just curious. The second question is...are there alot of ads during the games on MLB TV? Is it just like watching a game on TV where in between innings they go to commercials and are there any ads around the edges of the screen or stuff like that?

This is true. It is the IP address that dictates whether you're subject to the blackout. It has nothing to do with zip code. I used my account to watch Brewers games while out-of-state travelling, but I can't get them at home. The zip code on my account is clearly within the blackout zone.

They may have changed it since last year. That might explain the crapy "reaching" blackout zones that don't truely apply. Kansas City Royals games blacked out for Omaha, Nebraska, etc. Less error prone to calculate distance via a zip code than an IP address.

I got a couple questions for you guys with MLB TV. I live in Atlanta but I'm a big Dodgers fan. If/when the Braves play the Dodgers, would that series be blacked out? I know I'd be able to watch the series on TBS or FSN South but I'm just curious. The second question is...are there alot of ads during the games on MLB TV? Is it just like watching a game on TV where in between innings they go to commercials and are there any ads around the edges of the screen or stuff like that?

No ads during the game. They have a screen-saver that comes up when the broadcast cuts to commercial. There aren't any ads around the edges of the screen or anything.

No ads during the game. They have a screen-saver that comes up when the broadcast cuts to commercial. There aren't any ads around the edges of the screen or anything.

One more question for those of you who have MLB.TV.... do the games come in full screen??

And, do you get afternoon games on Saturday's and Sunday's or no?

Thanks in advance!

At the season start I took advantage of the free 5 day MLB.tv trial. It was great. I was in a dilemma whether or not to keep it, and I'd definitely get my money's worth out of it.

The problem is that I hardly left my apartment during those 5 days I had it. I worried about my social life. So I cancelled it. Heh.

Any idea when the current network contracts are up? I hate not being able to just drain a hangover away or relax and watch some Sat afternoon baseball, usually the Cubs since virtually every Sat game for them is in the afternoon, and these terrible contracts stop that from happening. And to whoever asked about emailing MLBTV, it'd be a waste, they don't care it's obvious - or this would have been changed by now.

Does anybody else have a problem with the "full screen" mode not being completely full screen? During spring training it was fine, but now its maybe 3/4 size with a big black ring around the picture.

Am I the only one who has this problem? Does anyone with the premium account have this problem? (I have the basic package)

I actually had this problem during spring training. A green bar would come up on the left hand side of the screen as well. I actually haven't tried using mlb.tv since then so I don't know. But I would like to hear some other people about this subject as well.

I actually had this problem during spring training. A green bar would come up on the left hand side of the screen as well. I actually haven't tried using mlb.tv since then so I don't know. But I would like to hear some other people about this subject as well.

I can't get in at work! It worked during spring training now it just shows an error!

I can't get in at work! It worked during spring training now it just shows an error!

If you can't get in at work it's because of the company likely blocks streaming. They do that at my company too. I just bring in a small laptop and teather my cell phone to it. That said, I don't have mlb.tv. I like to listen to fantasy 411.

Here's a question, a buddy of mine and I were considering going in on mlb.tv together. is it possible to watch mlb.tv on two different computers at the same time under the same log in?

I have premium and have already given up on Mosaic. Most of it doesn't work and is slow and currently I'm even locked out of it because of some sort of blackout related error that seems to be common with many users from what I've been reading online. I've been waiting for 3-4 days to hear back from them.

I do like the 800K versions the premium offers. The 1.2 feeds also appear to have technical issues as I have yet to be able to access a game using it. It's frustrating, but if you're like me and are just content to see a game rather than a box score...it's nice to have.

I have been having an issue with getting it to work in Firefox, as have a few other friends. We can only get it to play the video in IE. Anyone have any ideas?

I have been having an issue with getting it to work in Firefox, as have a few other friends. We can only get it to play the video in IE. Anyone have any ideas?
You can add an IE plug-in for Firefox and it should work.

Here's a question, a buddy of mine and I were considering going in on mlb.tv together. is it possible to watch mlb.tv on two different computers at the same time under the same log in?

I just checked and I was able to watch the same game at the same time with one log in on different computers. I'm not sure if it would block different IP addresses, but I doubt it matters. I just have normal mlb.tv, not premium

I have premium and it's working much better than it did last year for me.

The 800k and 1.2mb feeds do each make a progressive difference when you watch full screen (which for me too is really 3/4 screen). I think the new Microsoft player they have is improving reliability. At least for me so far.

The combination of Stattracker and MLB TV is going to insure that I accomplish nothing w/ my life for the next six months.

Does anybody else have a problem with the "full screen" mode not being completely full screen? During spring training it was fine, but now its maybe 3/4 size with a big black ring around the picture.

Am I the only one who has this problem? Does anyone with the premium account have this problem? (I have the basic package)

I have basic and mine is fullscreen with about an inch of black on the left and right side. I don't usually watch FS, so I don't know if its normal or not

I stayed up until 2:30 am (local time) to watch Smotlz vs. Santana...and mlb.com won't work. I've had trouble with it all year. Third year I've had it, but what a disappointment this year.

Screwing up again today for me, since around a quarter to 1:00 Central. Nice. I'd like to be able to watch my pitchers pitch

Edited by lyricist0

I spent the money on MLB Extra Innings instead. It's less frustrating and the screen doesn't go black every five minutes.

I spent the money on MLB Extra Innings instead. It's less frustrating and the screen doesn't go black every five minutes.

Oh man, I have Extra Innings as well. I love how with the press of a button on your remote, the two teams boxscores come onto your TV screen.

Oh man, I have Extra Innings as well. I love how with the press of a button on your remote, the two teams boxscores come onto your TV screen.

Yeah, man! All I can say is: Extra Innings > MLB.TV

There is free stuff out on the net that I have been watching games on that is prolly just as good as what you guys paid for. All you have to do is search for it on google.