elemenohpee

MLB.tv deals 2017

ZenMate on Chrome is working great for me to watch the Mariners. Thank you, Rotoworld Forums! Thought my days of watching live Mariners games were over when I dropped cable

Now I can't get on the rotoworld forums using Firefox with Zenmate lol.

"Sorry you don't have permission for that.

You are not allowed to visit this community."

And can't log in either.

I should've added you should only really use the VPN for game viewing lol. Glad it's working for you though.

I've been getting it to where games just keep restarting and playing the first 5 mins of the broadcast before restarting again.... Been doing it for the last week or so now. I need to restart my browser once it gets like this every time.

Do VPN's like Hola and ZenMate make it possible to chomecast the MLB.TV feed of choice to a TV from a laptop? I can't seem to do that right now with my VPN service. It works fine on my laptop but the second I cast it slows and studders and is unwatchable.

I'm so glad I get this for free for being a T-Mobile customer. If I was paying for this I'd be pissed since the Fantasy Tracker is nonfunctional with ZERO effort put forth to fixing it.

I'm so glad I get this for free for being a T-Mobile customer. If I was paying for this I'd be pissed since the Fantasy Tracker is nonfunctional with ZERO effort put forth to fixing it.

The streaming and audio part is whats frustrating. I dont think many people(at least on the roto forums) care much about Fantasy Tracker. The actual streaming product has been sub par this year. At least thats why I'm disappointed.

Just received the 50% off email promo today, so I signed up again. not a bad deal for missing spring training and most of April.

2016 MLB.TV Premium Yearly Subscription

$ 109.99

Discount: $55.00
-------------------------------
Total: $ 54.99

^ Where's the "Hate This" button for that post?

I think I'll cancel for next year, right now. What's the point of renewing if they're going to discount it 50% less than a month into the season?

• Like 2

I've always waited for the 50% off thing, though I dont' recall it being this early before.

Has been awful for me, at least when trying to watch using some apps.

Yeah, what's with the buffering lately?

MLB bringing MLB Plus

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/175133530/mlb-plus-an-advanced-analytical-way-to-watch

1. What is MLB Plus?
Orchestrated from both MLB.com Studios and correspondents as well as technical resources at the ballpark, MLB Plus is a new way to enjoy baseball.
MLB Plus will place a real-time emphasis on the numbers and metrics used by many of the game's current decision-makers, from spin rate and outfield positioning to exit velocity and lead distance. In addition, MLB Plus will supplement the action with videos explaining the technology used and in-depth prospect reports.

First game is free, this Fridays Yankees-Red Sox game

Holy mother of Corey Kluber, this MLB Plus ish is amazing.

They're showing the KC - NYY game with it right now. Not only is the supplemental information fantastic, but the commentary is much more stats-oriented than a traditional broadcast and for a nerd like me, much more enjoyable. The camera angles post-pitch are a bit wonky, but it's totally worth that minor sacrifice.

I'll pay whatever they ask if they do roll this out as a product.

Haven't read through the entire thread but for anyone wanting to watch blacked out games on devices like Apple TV and Android TV check out AdFreeTime. $2/month and gets rid of the blackouts. Also works with web browsers. Doesn't work with mobile devices because they use GPS for location.

For Android phones use Xprivacy. It requires root and Xposed, but I don't deal with anymore blackouts. This one requires some tech skills to get working.

Edited by bradwatson

Haven't read through the entire thread but for anyone wanting to watch blacked out games on devices like Apple TV and Android TV check out AdFreeTime. $2/month and gets rid of the blackouts. Also works with web browsers. Doesn't work with mobile devices because they use GPS for location.

For Android phones use Xprivacy. It requires root and Xposed, but I don't deal with anymore blackouts. This one requires some tech skills to get working.

Not sure technically how those tools differ from the proxies like unblockUs or unlocator but I will say that MLB.tv has cracked down on proxies/VPN in the past months Most likely they compare your physical address on file w/ logs of where your traffic is coming from. This seems to be a new or refined capability.

One could probably go to the trouble of setting up an address/account in Canada or Europe and VPN or smart proxy into that location so everything checks out, but for live games it's far easier to just watch what MLB.tv is giving you and head over to reddit/MLBStreams for the games that are blacked out (just get your ad blocker up first).

It'd be nice if MLB.tv would just allow customers to give them extra money to watch-blacked-out-games. I'm sure it's much more complicated than that when you're locked into a monopolistic relationship with cable networks.

Edited by ragrag

Not sure technically how those tools differ from the proxies like unblockUs or unlocator but I will say that MLB.tv has cracked down on proxies/VPN in the past months Most likely they compare your physical address on file w/ logs of where your traffic is coming from. This seems to be a new or refined capability.

One could probably go to the trouble of setting up an address/account in Canada or Europe and VPN or smart proxy into that location so everything checks out, but for live games it's far easier to just watch what MLB.tv is giving you and head over to reddit/MLBStreams for the games that are blacked out (just get your ad blocker up first).

It'd be nice if MLB.tv would just allow customers to give them extra money to watch-blacked-out-games. I'm sure it's much more complicated than that when you're locked into a monopolistic relationship with cable networks.

AdFreeTime is similar to unblock us but works better and is cheaper. Xprivacy is nothing like proxy or VPN.

They're showing the KC - NYY game with it right now. Not only is the supplemental information fantastic, but the commentary is much more stats-oriented than a traditional broadcast and for a nerd like me, much more enjoyable. The camera angles post-pitch are a bit wonky, but it's totally worth that minor sacrifice.

I didn't like how they shrunk the game camera into ~85% of the screen in favor of a SportsCenter-like info border (that was empty space a lot of the time). Just fill the screen up with the cameras, as usual, and overlay the rest of the stuff in place of the BaseLine and standard score bugs and graphics.

I like the 'alternate' angles. On some of the foul balls, it was more like you were in the park, and in seats I'll never sit in! I had it on for the Gregorious HR. It seemed more authentic than a standard broadcast because you can key in on the crowd noise more, as opposed to some joker yelling a canned catchphrase over the play.

The stat nerds sounded the part. They were grating to physically listen to, although the information was interesting.

I didn't like how they shrunk the game camera into ~85% of the screen in favor of a SportsCenter-like info border (that was empty space a lot of the time). Just fill the screen up with the cameras, as usual, and overlay the rest of the stuff in place of the BaseLine and standard score bugs and graphics.

I like the 'alternate' angles. On some of the foul balls, it was more like you were in the park, and in seats I'll never sit in! I had it on for the Gregorious HR. It seemed more authentic than a standard broadcast because you can key in on the crowd noise more, as opposed to some joker yelling a canned catchphrase over the play.

The stat nerds sounded the part. They were grating to physically listen to, although the information was interesting.

How could you hear the crowd noise? The one time I had it on MLB Plus for 5 minutes, I could barely hear any game audio because the guys were talking over it.

The PS3 app sucks. Period.

It seems like something from fifteen years ago

• Like 1

I had bad results on Roku, so I guess it's likes some players and some not so much. Xbox1 and apple tv are perfect. The Roku almost ruined it for me.

I had bad results on Roku, so I guess it's likes some players and some not so much. Xbox1 and apple tv are perfect. The Roku almost ruined it for me.

Really? Works far better on Roku for me than anything else (Fire TV Stick, Android, Fire Tablet, PC)