elemenohpee

MLB.tv deals 2017

So I really want to watch Kershaw this afternoon...

If I bought a monthly MLB.tv subscription, would I get the service until the end of the month or for the next 30 days?

anybody in the same boat here?

thanks

Gratz on MLB.TV. I had it for two seasons before I went with the cable TV package a couple of years ago. Much better reception (and bigger screen) than the computer (obviously) but you can't pay for it monthly. It's a bulk purchase. And you will more than likely get sick to death of baseball come August. I always do.

Yes, I also hate the blackout restrictions. I have 3 teams near me. So I don't get any of them. Ludicrous. It should be limited to one or at most two. local teams. I don't get Washington, Baltimore or Philly. I think local lawmakers are trying to get Philly back. I think my friend in southern Virginia used to get the Braves blacked out. They are hours and hours from Atlanta. I guess if no major team is near you, they assign the closest team. I'm surprised the guy in the UK doesn't have a team assigned to him. B)

Enjoy it. It's a definate plus for fantasy. Although you will likely give the term couch potato new meaning.

I think it is great but I have one major complaint about it. All of the advertisements that are out there say "watch your favorite team all year long with MLB tv". The only problem is that if your favorite team is in the area you live in most likely you will b eblocked out from those games. For example, I live in NY and I am a Mets fan. I wanted to buy MLB TV because I do a lot of traveling and I want to be able ot watch Mets games. When I was signing up I checked my zip code and it said that the Mets games would be blocked out fo rmy account. The stupid thing about this is that if you use another address that is outside of the blackout area for your team you can watch that team. For example, my friend lives in Boston so if I use his account I can watch the Mets games because his zip code is not in NY. This makes absolutely no sense! So much for being able to watch your favorite team.

You have missed part of the quote here. They advertise, "Watch your favorite team's out of market games all year long...." Technicality? Yes. It's tricky advertising because they focus on the fact that you can watch your favorite team, but they approach the whole thing from the positive side and don't outright tell you your favorite team's homegames will be blacked out. They put that part in the fine print. I absolutely love baseball, but I haven't been able to convince myself to subscribe because I would want to be able to watch whatever game. It's stupid that I should get blacked out as I live in the middle of the desert and the closest teams to me would be the Padres, Angels, Dodgers, and D'Backs, but it would take me at least two hours to drive to any of the games. Since I haven't attempted to subscribe, I don't know if my location would make me exempt from blackouts. It should, but I doubt it. Anyway, rant over. You can go back to reading posts more relevant to fantasy baseball...that's what I'm going to do. B)

Had my little bro who lives in Omaha pay for the account. Omaha is too far away for any blackout subscriptions. They base the blockin the the zip code of the credit card that paid for the account.

This is very wrong. They can locate where you actually plug in your internet connection through your IP address. Very easy to do and alot of websites block various countries/regions all the time. Thats why if you go to say Korea, and type in www.google.com, you'll automatically be redirected to www.google.co.kr.

And a few years ago I split the package 3 ways among my friends and never had an issue. We could watch games at the same time on the same account. That doesn't mean I'm giving out my password to people I don't know and its not a guarentee for anyone...I'm just saying for future reference...

So I really want to watch Kershaw this afternoon...

If I bought a monthly MLB.tv subscription, would I get the service until the end of the month or for the next 30 days?

anybody in the same boat here?

thanks

I think they do it by months (i.e. May, June) not 30 days at a time. I'm only going by the way its been advertised, as I've always gotten the year subscription.

The most disappointing thing about MLB.TV is the local blackout restriction.

I purchased MLB.TV about 2 weeks before I moved to Japan. After I got there I was unable to watch and games live...come to find out ALL GAMES are blacked out in Japan. WFT? The refused my reimbursement but I was to cancel my subscirption.

This is true. It is the IP address that dictates whether you're subject to the blackout. It has nothing to do with zip code. I used my account to watch Brewers games while out-of-state travelling, but I can't get them at home. The zip code on my account is clearly within the blackout zone.

Not true anymore. Me and my friend share my account for past few years and in the past this used to be true but nowdays he gets blacked out only for toronto games(where he lives) as far as local blackouts. While I get blacked out for both NY teams no matter what zip code is on my account(I even tried changing it to hawaii zip code and in past years that would result in local blackouts working sometimes but not anymore).

Not true anymore. Me and my friend share my account for past few years and in the past this used to be true but nowdays he gets blacked out only for toronto games(where he lives) as far as local blackouts. While I get blacked out for both NY teams no matter what zip code is on my account(I even tried changing it to hawaii zip code and in past years that would result in local blackouts working sometimes but not anymore).

If you mask your IP to make it think you're watching from somewhere else, you can watch local games. This worked last year for me.

does anybody use this on their laptop? ive heard that it uses up a lot of memory and shouldnt be used unless you have a lot of gigs

does anybody use this on their laptop? ive heard that it uses up a lot of memory and shouldnt be used unless you have a lot of gigs

MLB.TV is probably the worst purchase that I've ever made. Their "technical service" is horrid. I would not recommend MLB.TV to anyone. B)

MLB.TV is probably the worst purchase that I've ever made. Their "technical service" is horrid. I would not recommend MLB.TV to anyone. B)

I use it every day, with rarely any problems, and it allows me to watch almost all of my pitchers starts (as long as I have time). Would you recommend that I cancel my subscription?

I've watched two games at once at 800K on my laptop and it works fine for me.

I use it every day, with rarely any problems, and it allows me to watch almost all of my pitchers starts (as long as I have time). Would you recommend that I cancel my subscription?

Just giving my opinion pal. I wish you the best. Just remember I warned you about their technical"ess" support when you do have a problem.

The Extra Innings package via Digital Cable is way way way better. I only watch games online if Im not at home to watch extra innings. The customer support/technical support at MLB is a freakin joke too!

Am I the only one who is sick of the same three damn commercials? Is there any way we can protest those? I swear, every time I hear "Hey, this is Victor Martinez. Hey, this is AJ Burnett..." I want to hurt Victor Martinez and AJ Burnett.

Blame their marketing department. Mute it every break.

Yeah, they're annoying.

MLB.tv has been a huge disappointment this season. Not only did they completely drop the ball the first week of the season but they haven't updated player tracker at all. Longoria, Cameron, Carlson, Chris Perez, Bruce, etc. are all still missing. I've written them e-mails to them about it and they don't even care to respond.

That's what is frustrating. The commercial that plays twice at each break is advertising MLB TV...TO MLB TV OWNERS! What the &$*% is the point?

Local Live Blackout: ALL LIVE MLB.TV games will be blacked out in each applicable Club's home television territory (except for certain home television territories for which MLB.com may offer in-market subscription services) or in Japan.

What exactly does this mean? If I purchase MLB.TV in Baltimore will I be able to watch the Orioles games?

Or do they not let you watch the home teams games? I do not have cable and really want to see the O's games! But if they do not show them then it may not be worth it to me!

Thanks for the help!

Local Live Blackout: ALL LIVE MLB.TV games will be blacked out in each applicable Club's home television territory (except for certain home television territories for which MLB.com may offer in-market subscription services) or in Japan.

What exactly does this mean? If I purchase MLB.TV in Baltimore will I be able to watch the Orioles games?

Or do they not let you watch the home teams games? I do not have cable and really want to see the O's games! But if they do not show them then it may not be worth it to me!

Thanks for the help!

This is my only complaint about MLB.TV. You are correct, if you live in Baltimore, they will black out all O's games. So annoying. and on Saturdays, all games before 6:00 pm are blacked out regardless of where they are played so you are forced to watch whatever stupid game is on fox.

it's broadcasting rights and ad revenue. it's how business works, guys. if there is a local network airing it on TV, they have the rights to show it and advertisers pay for the rights. i mean, it sucks, but in no way is it a negative reflection on mlb.tv - that's just how it goes.

This is my only complaint about MLB.TV. You are correct, if you live in Baltimore, they will black out all O's games. So annoying. and on Saturdays, all games before 6:00 pm are blacked out regardless of where they are played so you are forced to watch whatever stupid game is on fox.

It's not every game before 6, its just every game thats aired on FOX, it so happens that FOX airs about 3-4 different games depending on where you're located so all those games get blacked out. For instance the Cubs/Rockies game this afternoon @ 1pm was not blacked out.

Fox games start at 4pm, so all the 4pm games will be blacked out as will ESPN sunday night baseball and all other ESPN broadcasted games.

It's not every game before 6, its just every game thats aired on FOX, it so happens that FOX airs about 3-4 different games depending on where you're located so all those games get blacked out. For instance the Cubs/Rockies game this afternoon @ 1pm was not blacked out.

Fox games start at 4pm, so all the 4pm games will be blacked out as will ESPN sunday night baseball and all other ESPN broadcasted games.

Damn, didn't know that or else I would have watched it.

on a side note, does anyone know where i can watch the mlb.tv commercial that has everyone who has hit 600hr's and ends with griffey.. keep watching ?

on a side note, does anyone know where i can watch the mlb.tv commercial that has everyone who has hit 600hr's and ends with griffey.. keep watching ?

lol, no but i'm sick of seeing the same MLB.tv commercials....well, this one is really cool though..