BlakeP42

Odell Beckham Jr 2017 Season Outlook

Hi guys, I'm a happy Antonio Brown owner. How's it going in here?

ODB is an injury prone Diva and should be benchable in all formats because he has a noodle arm of a QB named ELI who is straight trash and hurting ODB's value.

WR2 ROS. Sell high when you can.

19 hours ago, NBatum88 said:

All the haters will eat crow.

11/150/2 TD game incoming

19 hours ago, furbz420 said:

Headphones on, looks locked in. He's leaping off of and landing on his injured ankle according to my buddy at the game. Bench at your own risk, this decoy narrative is way overblown imo. 

giphy.gif

Edited by jstep13

1 hour ago, furbz420 said:

Is this your first time watching football? 2 games and the season is over? 

I'm sorry about your apparent lack of a sarcasm detector. I thought the LOL would suffice to indicate that I was joking, but you're obviously special.

Giants are a dumpster fire and are in total disarray. Season outlook isn't too bright. :lol:

16 minutes ago, jstep13 said:

giphy.gif

haha yeah I was wrong. I honestly thought OBJ would play well. prime time game, returning from injury, lots of haters seemed like it would fuel him.

better weeks ahead.

20 minutes ago, NeroVendict said:

ODB is an injury prone Diva and should be benchable in all formats because he has a noodle arm of a QB named ELI who is straight trash and hurting ODB's value.

WR2? Just as I thought the quality of posting in here couldn't get any worse.

He looked perfectly fine to me, he just wasn't used for a good chunk of snaps (played 34 out of 55 = 61.8%).

The Giants, however, are what worry me. Either Eli throws a dime and it's dropped or Eli gets sacked or Eli makes an awful pass. The playcalling was also super suspect. A lot of conservative playcalls and giving the rock to non-playmakers.

Weird game.

The O-line and schedule worry me the most about ODB. Not the injury, he looked just fine.

sucks this guy has so much talent to be great but unfortunately he's a headcase.. still very young... but right now this guys not worth the flopping duds and booms he puts up every other week.. too volatile

55 minutes ago, NeroVendict said:

You can name 12 WRs that are more valuable than OBJ?

AB, Julio, Evans, even AJ Green could be arguably better. Who are the other 8? 

6 minutes ago, NBatum88 said:

You can name 12 WRs that are more valuable than OBJ?

AB, Julio, Evans, even AJ Green could be arguably better. Who are the other 8? 

I'd start Cooper, Crabtree, A.Jeffrey, Dez Bryant, Michael Thomas and a boat load of other receivers. Keep plugging him in and you'll be disappointed until the Giants fix their O-line and QB situation.

3 minutes ago, NeroVendict said:

I'd start Cooper, Crabtree, A.Jeffrey, Dez Bryant, Michael Thomas and a boat load of other receivers. Keep plugging him in and you'll be disappointed until the Giants fix their O-line and QB situation.

LOL @ plugging Odell in...

Set. Forget.

4 minutes ago, NeroVendict said:

Idk man. OBJ has 3 consecutive years of 1300 + yards and 10+ TDs. He's only 24 years old and has the same QB throwing him the ball as the last 3 years. Not sure how you can downgrade him to QB13 after just 1 bad game especially returning from injury.

I would try to buy low in your league if you have an OBJ owner who seriously considers him as a WR2.

Just now, NBatum88 said:

Idk man. OBJ has 3 consecutive years of 1300 + yards and 10+ TDs. He's only 24 years old and has the same QB throwing him the ball as the last 3 years. Not sure how you can downgrade him to WR13* after just 1 bad game especially returning from injury.

I would try to buy low in your league if you have an OBJ owner who seriously considers him as a WR2.

sorry typo I meant WR13 not QB13

Just now, NBatum88 said:

Idk man. OBJ has 3 consecutive years of 1300 + yards and 10+ TDs. He's only 24 years old and has the same QB throwing him the ball as the last 3 years. Not sure how you can downgrade him to QB13 after just 1 bad game especially returning from injury.

Not saying he can do it. Situation looks grim. And just because he has done it before , doesn't mean he is going to repeat those numbers.  New year, new team, QB still sucks and his injury woes. 

59 minutes ago, NBatum88 said:

I was just offered Corey Davis + Deshone Kizer for Beckham... which I found deeply, deeply upsetting.

This guy is an absolute game-changer, one of the top-5 most naturally talented receivers to ever play. Even with aging Eli at the helm, Odell gonna get his. I'd feel just as comfortable saying that if I didn't own him, too.  

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS

You guys have me laughing so hard I'm literally in tears reading these post:

"Well if you want to keep getting 3's(points) then keep starting him",  "The Giants season is basically over so Odell has no value."  "He's at best a WR2 now".   "This guy is not worth the flopping duds he puts up every week".  "Keep plugging him in, you'll be disappointed".

Listen very carefully.  All of you that I just quoted sound like a bunch of rookies!  We just got done with week 2, his first game back (which he was on a snap count no less) and these are the things people are saying???  I wish all of you were in my league.  I would eat you alive.  I've been playing fantasy football close to 20 years and there is one thing that I learned that I will never forget: Be patient in the beginning of the year. One bad game doesn't break a season, 2 bad games doesn't break a season.  If I was drafting today, I would still draft him right after Antonio.  Everyone has a right to there own opinions but boy you sound like a bunch of rooks. 

41 minutes ago, reichl555 said:

You guys have me laughing so hard I'm literally in tears reading these post:

"Well if you want to keep getting 3's(points) then keep starting him",  "The Giants season is basically over so Odell has no value."  "He's at best a WR2 now".   "This guy is not worth the flopping duds he puts up every week".  "Keep plugging him in, you'll be disappointed".

Listen very carefully.  All of you that I just quoted sound like a bunch of rookies!  We just got done with week 2, his first game back (which he was on a snap count no less) and these are the things people are saying???  I wish all of you were in my league.  I would eat you alive.  I've been playing fantasy football close to 20 years and there is one thing that I learned that I will never forget: Be patient in the beginning of the year. One bad game doesn't break a season, 2 bad games doesn't break a season.  If I was drafting today, I would still draft him right after Antonio.  Everyone has a right to there own opinions but boy you sound like a bunch of rooks. 

You sound like a homer. Just saying injuries play a big role. I think his injury was more significant then he has lead on. Also, Giants are just a mess. Hit the panic button if he doesn't produce this week. 

4 hours ago, NeroVendict said:

Banthisman

As a Odell owner I am concerned not about him but the O-line and QB play.  Sure he will win you a few weeks but will he be consistent? Not sure.  If I could get fair value for him I would deal him.  But the league I have him in hardly makes trades for some reason.  So, hoping he kicks it up a notch.

6 hours ago, NeroVendict said:

2 hours ago, NeroVendict said:

You sound like a homer. Just saying injuries play a big role. I think his injury was more significant then he has lead on. Also, Giants are just a mess. Hit the panic button if he doesn't produce this week. 

And you sound like a little spoiled yuppy looking down on an OBJ owner because you own Antonio Brown.  Go somewhere else to troll.  You just better count your lucky stars that Brown don't get hurt.  Because if he ever does, you know what it's time for.?

see what happens for the giants the next few weeks before you lose your minds. If you're really losing it maybe package him with a bench spot and try to get AJ.