Lord_Varys

Jameis Winston 2017 Outlook

53 minutes ago, DemonFF said:

Man are we really going to trust Winston on the road in the finals? For me it’s him, Goff @ ten or Flacco off the wire. Leaning Goff for now. Winston looked quite good last night. Lucky I didn’t need his points but can’t make the same mistake thIs week. 

Rams are playing at 1:00 pm eastern on the road. No bueno. I’d certainly play Winston ahead of Goff or Flacco this particular week.

i put in a waiver for flacco, i have winston, preparing for no aaron rodgers. winston somehow will get you 14-15 points with a bunch of turnovers as he gets garbage time touchdowns and 250 yards. 

He’s my Rodgers replacement.  Looked good last night, should be playing from behind with Tampa’s depleted D.  Carolina gives up points to QBs and WRs.  Davis suspension should help the Tampa offense.  QB3 this week.  That’s all that I’ve got, other than ????

7 hours ago, brosephd said:

i put in a waiver for flacco, i have winston, preparing for no aaron rodgers. winston somehow will get you 14-15 points with a bunch of turnovers as he gets garbage time touchdowns and 250 yards. 

I'm in the exact same position as someone who had Rodgers/Winston. Flacco is on the wire but I'm just going to go ahead and roll with Winston. I know Flacco has looked fairly good lately and has a solid matchup versus the terrible Colts defense, I just can't put my playoff life in the hands of Flacco. I think Winston has the safer floor and the higher ceiling than Flacco, so he's an easy choice for me. 

I've had Winston since his rookie year in a Dynasty - benching this week. It's just a confidence issue. RW blurb was dead on saying his owners had expected this all year. The last time he played CAR he was brutal - they own him:

• 5 games v CAR
  • 65.6 QBR
  • 59.1 completion %
  • 248.6 Passing YPG in those 5 games
  • 4/9 INT ratio

Even in a "good" year - this is a bridge too far in a money round. imesho.

Edited by SuperJoint

FYI...Pay attention to the Yucs OL injuries this week...They could be down possibly 4 starters...That does not bode well for an already erractic QB 

Probably all in on Car D this week 

9 minutes ago, Sean Tambo said:

Probably all in on Car D this week 

Picked up where I could.

"This is a business..."

2 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

I've had Winston since his rookie year in a Dynasty - benching this week. It's just a confidence issue. RW blurb was dead on saying his owners had expected this all year. The last time he played CAR he was brutal - they own him:

• 5 games v CAR
  • 65.6 QBR
  • 59.1 completion %
  • 4/9 INT ratio

Pretty damning stats. In my league that’s around a 13.4 point avg per game (with rush stats) Not gonna cut it. And the oline injuries don’t help.  

12 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

• 5 games v CAR
  • 65.6 QBR
  • 59.1 completion %
  • 4/9 INT ratio

Thanks for the share. But you have to take into account CAR's pass D this year since week 12. 

Since their week 10 bye, this is what opposing QBs have done vs. Carolina’s defense:

Week 12: 307 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, 28 yards rushing

Week 13: 269 yards, 1 TD, 0 INTs, -3 yards rushing

Week 14: 280 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, 40 yards rushing

Week 15: 290 yards, 3 TDs, 3 INTs, 43 yards rushing

Averages out to about 285 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT and 30 yards rushing. Safe bet for 20 points IMO.

32 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Thanks for the share. But you have to take into account CAR's pass D this year since week 12. 

Since their week 10 bye, this is what opposing QBs have done vs. Carolina’s defense:

Averages out to about 285 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT and 30 yards rushing. Safe bet for 20 points IMO.

Mccown, Brees, Keenum, Rodgers.  4 QB1's in that span. 

5 hours ago, jtbgator said:

I didn't think anyone but me would be desperate enough in a title game to be considering Winston.  Glad I am not alone.

Even though Winston's numbers were good, he didn't look that great to me at home versus Atlanta.  Now he has to go on the road with a thoroughly banged up squad.

Yet, the thing is that with exception of that one game versus the Panthers earlier in the year, he has been so reliable in the games where he has gone in healthy.  The numbers absolutely demonstrate that.  Also, I am believer that decent players more often than not bounce back from very bad performances.  Of course, anything can happen, but I am inclined to think that it is more likely than not that Winston performs better versus the Panthers second time around.

Finally, one likely game script is that the Panthers get up big, leaving Winston and his mates with lots of garbage time.  If that happens, I don't believe they pull Winston.  Winston needs the work, and I don't see Koetter sparing him. 

As much as I like JG (my other option), I am strongly leaning toward letting Winston deliver the sort of solid line that he's managed to deliver in almost every game in which he has played fully healthy.

Edited by Rolling Thunder

winston is a better fantasy player then he is in real life. seems like they may need him to throw and play catchup like he did vs atlanta so it may be a garbage time special

9 minutes ago, brosephd said:

winston is a better fantasy player then he is in real life. seems like they may need him to throw and play catchup like he did vs atlanta so it may be a garbage time special

Exactly

I'm all in on Winston for my Championship. I have no choice. My opponent used up all of his leftover FAAB to pick up Foles ($55). Defensive move to block my Foles add, which I can't disagree with. Winston got me into the final so hoping for a repeat performance from Monday night's game.

https://www.fantasypros.com/2017/12/bobby-sylvesters-week-16-rankings-fantasy-football/

Jameis Winston QB10

As I write this Thursday morning, if you asked our huge expert pool who is the best streamer, 69% would say Nick Foles

, 24% have Blake Bortles

and only 7% will agree with me in that it is Jameis Winston

so take that for what it’s worth, but for the life of me, I can’t figure out why. The last time Winston played Carolina, he was predictably crushed, as they were playing in sustained 20 MPH winds with 40 MPH gusts thanks to a tropical system moving through. More likely, his stat line will end up like any of his other games since Week 3:

@MIN: 328 yds, 2 TD, 18 fantasy points
NYG: 332 yds, 3 TD, 26 FP
NE: 334 yds, 1 TD, 18 FP
@BUF: 384 yds, 3 TD, 26 FP
@GB: 270 yds, 2 TD, 20 FP
DET: 285 yds, 2 TD, 18 FP
ATL: 299 yds, 3 TD, 25 FP

I didn’t realize that the weather was so bad first game vs Carolina.  I’m getting more confident about starting Winston (lost Rodgers).  My main concern is the Bucs ability to protect him and give him time to throw.  If he is running for his life all game long we may get bad Winston (2 picks and a fumble). 

https://www.bucsnation.com/2017/12/21/16808186/jameis-winston-has-improved-significantly-this-season

Winston has no howard and probably no jackson. Evans will probably be doubled. Smells like a trap game. I own him but so far giving the edge to flacco at home. 

3 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

Winston has no howard and probably no jackson. Evans will probably be doubled. Smells like a trap game. I own him but so far giving the edge to flacco at home. 

4 hours ago, Patsgofor6 said:

https://www.fantasypros.com/2017/12/bobby-sylvesters-week-16-rankings-fantasy-football/

Jameis Winston QB10

As I write this Thursday morning, if you asked our huge expert pool who is the best streamer, 69% would say Nick Foles

, 24% have Blake Bortles

and only 7% will agree with me in that it is Jameis Winston

so take that for what it’s worth, but for the life of me, I can’t figure out why. The last time Winston played Carolina, he was predictably crushed, as they were playing in sustained 20 MPH winds with 40 MPH gusts thanks to a tropical system moving through. More likely, his stat line will end up like any of his other games since Week 3:

@MIN: 328 yds, 2 TD, 18 fantasy points
NYG: 332 yds, 3 TD, 26 FP
NE: 334 yds, 1 TD, 18 FP
@BUF: 384 yds, 3 TD, 26 FP
@GB: 270 yds, 2 TD, 20 FP
DET: 285 yds, 2 TD, 18 FP
ATL: 299 yds, 3 TD, 25 FP

I didn’t realize that the weather was so bad first game vs Carolina.  I’m getting more confident about starting Winston (lost Rodgers).  My main concern is the Bucs ability to protect him and give him time to throw.  If he is running for his life all game long we may get bad Winston (2 picks and a fumble). 

https://www.bucsnation.com/2017/12/21/16808186/jameis-winston-has-improved-significantly-this-season

All good stuff there.

I don't weigh box scores as much as some when I make my start decisions.  But I am finding Winston's numbers when healthy hard to ignore.  Yes, going on the road to Charllote is scary, and Winston can get loose and shaky at times, but his body of work so far in 2017 says he can produce consistently.  That's enough for me to pull the trigger and never look back, when my options are the likes of JG facing JAX or Flacco being Flacco.

17 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

Smells like a Cameron Brate game lol

19 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

Winston has enough weapons.  Brate is more useful than Howard, and Godwin is capable of making plays.  I even like Barber better than Martin.

Hope a shoot out materializes.  I have both Winston and Cam (in different leagues, of course).   

2 qb league lost Watson mccown and Rodgers....starting Winston and trubisky in the finals.....damn the torpedoes 

2 hours ago, Rolling Thunder said:

Winston has enough weapons.  Brate is more useful than Howard, and Godwin is capable of making plays.  I even like Barber better than Martin.

Hope a shoot out materializes.  I have both Winston and Cam (in different leagues, of course).   

Brate is all busted up too. Knee and hip. Idk unless the weather is bad in Baltimore tomorrow I'm staying away. Haven't seen anything to convince me otherwise. Oh and barber is trash. He tries hard but he's just not good.

Edited by StevenSC400

31 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Brate is all busted up too. Knee and hip. Idk unless the weather is bad in Baltimore tomorrow I'm staying away. Haven't seen anything to convince me otherwise. Oh and barber is trash. He tries hard but he's just not good.

I thought about Flacco then I remember watching that offense several times this year.  No thanks, even against a bad pass defense.  

Brate made plays in the 4th quarter despite being dinged up.   A poor running attack only gives Winston more opportunities to make plays through the air, which is where the Panthers are vulnerable anyway.