Lord_Varys

Jameis Winston 2017 Outlook

56 minutes ago, Patsgofor6 said:

I thought about Flacco then I remember watching that offense several times this year.  No thanks, even against a bad pass defense.  

Brate made plays in the 4th quarter despite being dinged up.   A poor running attack only gives Winston more opportunities to make plays through the air, which is where the Panthers are vulnerable anyway.   

I can't say your wrong about flacco in the early part of the year. But if you look at his last 3 games. He has played "fairly" well. This is also a must win for them at home in order to make the playoffs. A lot is on the line. Bucs got nothin to play for. Dont get me wrong Im not ecstatic about flacco. But I think he is the better play. I just haven't seen anything here that sells me on Winston besides "start him with confidence." Odds are against him.

Seems Flacco vs Winston is a decision shared by many, including myself. I'm going Winston. I have seen the weather reports and it looks like rain/wind in Baltimore tomorrow, so even though it's a juicy matchup against Indy I can see this being more of a strong run game for the Ravens. Meanwhile, excluding the games impacted by injury and one very bad weather game, Winston has proven to have a very safe floor with solid upside. His offensive situation isn't the best with the OL injuries and banged up receiving core but I still think 250 passing yards 2 TDs is a fair expectation. The key is can he do more (like 300 and 3) and can he limit the turnovers.

1 minute ago, ESquared said:

Seems Flacco vs Winston is a decision shared by many, including myself. I'm going Winston. I have seen the weather reports and it looks like rain/wind in Baltimore tomorrow, so even though it's a juicy matchup against Indy I can see this being more of a strong run game for the Ravens. Meanwhile, excluding the games impacted by injury and one very bad weather game, Winston has proven to have a very safe floor with solid upside. His offensive situation isn't the best with the OL injuries and banged up receiving core but I still think 250 passing yards 2 TDs is a fair expectation. The key is can he do more (like 300 and 3) and can he limit the turnovers.

The weather is the biggest thing that scares me tomorrow for flacco. Cause it already gives more trouble to a mediocre at best QB. However. Lets say the weather is decent. Light rain. With 10-12MPH winds. Which is about normal for the most part. You still roll with winston?

9 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

The weather is the biggest thing that scares me tomorrow for flacco. Cause it already gives more trouble to a mediocre at best QB. However. Lets say the weather is decent. Light rain. With 10-12MPH winds. Which is about normal for the most part. You still roll with winston?

Yeah I'd probably still roll with Winston even if the weather wasn't that bad did Flacco. I feel safer with what Winston's floor is and what his upside is. Admittedly a lot of this is having a hard time convincing myself to trust Flacco this week. If he flops and it costs me the W, it's going to eat at me for weeks. I know he's done well as of late and this is a great matchup but it's still freakin Joe Flacco. 

12 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

I can't say your wrong about flacco in the early part of the year. But if you look at his last 3 games. He has played "fairly" well. This is also a must win for them at home in order to make the playoffs. A lot is on the line. Bucs got nothin to play for. Dont get me wrong Im not ecstatic about flacco. But I think he is the better play. I just haven't seen anything here that sells me on Winston besides "start him with confidence." Odds are against him.

How about the fact that other than two games during which he was injured and one game played in a tropical storm, he’s been a consistent QB1.   Can you say the same about Flacco?

3 hours ago, Patsgofor6 said:

How about the fact that other than two games during which he was injured and one game played in a tropical storm, he’s been a consistent QB1.   Can you say the same about Flacco?

I have the same decision. Carolina D Ian playing for something, he did very poorly against them last time this season. Was he injured or was that the monsoon game you speak of?

10 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S said:

I have the same decision. Carolina D Ian playing for something, he did very poorly against them last time this season. Was he injured or was that the monsoon game you speak of?

Go nuts.  Have fun with Joe.

18 minutes ago, Patsgofor6 said:

Go nuts.  Have fun with Joe.

It was a legit question since I typically see 1-2 TB games a year here in the northeast.

#1 Jameis Winston will be a top 5 QB

My co-host, Mike Tagliere has been persistent that I am wrong on this call, but I said it last week as well and he posted 25 points. No, Winston’s game isn’t pretty, but I’m a firm believer in results over process for fantasy football, and Winston’s results have been quite good this season. Outside of the two games he was injured and the game he played with 40 MPH wind gusts, he has posted 18, 26, 18, 26, 20, 18 and 25 fantasy points since Week 3. Why would anyone assume he would put up fewer than 18 this weekend against a struggling Panthers’ secondary? I can’t figure it out.
Final Prediction: 328 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT, 2 rushes, 11 yards

Started flacco. I was sweating the whole time but I will gladly take those points and walk away.

Edited by StevenSC400

16 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

Started flacco. I was sweating the whole time but I will gladly take those points and walk away.

i went with winston, hopefully we both made the right move.. and winston puts up a respectable matching point total game as well

41 minutes ago, brosephd said:

i went with winston, hopefully we both made the right move.. and winston puts up a respectable matching point total game as well

Ditto wirh Winston over Flacco. Thinkinf 275-2TDs-1 INT. Basically what Flacco did points wise. 

Can someone make a gif of Winston going crazy at the end of the game. I might need that for the vent/rant thread if I cant pull this out. LOL.

Turnover machine.

Really took a step back this year. Holding in Dynasty because I've got him cheap. If Gruden actually comes back as coach maybe it resuscitates his career - assuming he's still around.

This guy is an immature, crab leg stealing, POS crybaby.  I hate this turd.

I picked up Carolina defense just for this reason. I knew the bum would throw for 300+ but I was also counting on turnovers galore (and sacks too.)  And I got plenty of both. 

Remember the meticulous "vetting" the Bucs did of JW before they drafted him? Several visits in Tallahassee and Tampa, with several different higher-ups in the organization - looks like they may have missed something.

5 hours ago, nonstopfan said:

Can someone make a gif of Winston going crazy at the end of the game. I might need that for the vent/rant thread if I cant pull this out. LOL.

If I didnt know any better he seems like he needs some sort of motional therapy treatment or really good meds.