J.T. Marlin

Marcus Mariota 2017 Season Outlook

I love him as one of those later-round QBs we dig for every year, I think he finishes Top 8 in QB scoring with 4000 yards passing and somewhere around 36 all-purpose touchdowns. I love Corey Davis and I think they try to get Decker in the fold once he gets released. Even without his addition, I think Mariota has a great year in that division and with some new weapons, buoyed by that running game.

On 6/7/2017 at 0:34 PM, Br0kenB said:

I love him as one of those later-round QBs we dig for every year, I think he finishes Top 8 in QB scoring with 4000 yards passing and somewhere around 36 all-purpose touchdowns. I love Corey Davis and I think they try to get Decker in the fold once he gets released. Even without his addition, I think Mariota has a great year in that division and with some new weapons, buoyed by that running game.

Doubt they get Decker. They drafted another WR in the 2nd rd. But would love that move as a fan. Not so much as a fantasy owner.

Mariota remains on track to be ready for training camp and season opener.

Source: TitanInsider.com - Terry McCormick

Tennessee Titans QB Marcus Mariota (leg) is not expected to be limited once training camp begins.

Tennessee is finally building around this guy! That's whats up! Their giving my boy weapons! Marigoata just became an QB1 this yr!

On Wednesday, June 07, 2017 at 10:34 AM, Br0kenB said:

I love him as one of those later-round QBs we dig for every year, I think he finishes Top 8 in QB scoring with 4000 yards passing and somewhere around 36 all-purpose touchdowns. I love Corey Davis and I think they try to get Decker in the fold once he gets released. 

Excellent call.

5 hours ago, hoppychokes said:

Mariotas shot at being a bargain most likely just vanished. 

Yup, bye bye ADP.

10 hours ago, 96mnc said:

Excellent call.

Thanks boss. Happy wife, happy life.

He'll still be under valued.  I'll eat my hat if he's not a top 5 QB this season (health pending, ofc)

1 minute ago, JJ1223 said:

He'll still be under valued.  I'll eat my hat if he's not a top 5 QB this season (health pending, ofc)

It's really going to come down to the TDs for fantasy purposes (what if they happen to run in a bunch of tds).  I'd be more likely to bet he'll be top 5 in qbr than fantasy although both are possible. 

Brady 

Brees

Rodgers 

Luck

Wilson

Winston 

Carr

Cousins 

Ryan

Cam

That's just off the top of my head.   Tough competition to finish top 5.  

I like Mariota a lot this year. Mathews, Walker, Murray, Corey Davis, now they add Decker, Sharpe, Taylor...Even a nice Rookie TE... He has about every weapon you could want as a QB..

2 hours ago, DLB4ever said:

I like Mariota a lot this year. Mathews, Walker, Murray, Corey Davis, now they add Decker, Sharpe, Taylor...Even a nice Rookie TE... He has about every weapon you could want as a QB..

Plus he's going to give you a rushing floor that most QBs don't offer

7 hours ago, 96mnc said:

It's really going to come down to the TDs for fantasy purposes (what if they happen to run in a bunch of tds).  I'd be more likely to bet he'll be top 5 in qbr than fantasy although both are possible. 

Brady 

Brees

Rodgers 

Luck

Wilson

Winston 

Carr

Cousins 

Ryan

Cam

That's just off the top of my head.   Tough competition to finish top 5.  

I would put him ahead of Cam, Ryan and Cousins.

1 hour ago, MariGOATA said:

I'm not in any way saying he won't be top 5, he definitely has the talent and weapons.  That's not even how I'd necessarily rank the qbs on my draft board.  Just saying there's a ton of competition to finish in the top 5 at the position as there are many high quality players with the skill and weapons to finish in the top 5.

It's going to come down to the TDs.

On 6/18/2017 at 9:11 PM, MariGOATA said:

Tennessee is finally building around this guy! That's whats up! Their giving my boy weapons! Marigoata just became an QB1 this yr!

What a cool name for Mariota. Love the picture, too. 

finishes as top fantasy QB - 44 total TDs. 

YWIA ?

B)

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

I'm a believer in Mariota's talent and upside, but does someone have a reasonable explanation for his inconsistency? Does he just flop against top defenses? 

17 hours ago, MariGOATA said:

I drafted him his rookie year, I was really drunk at the draft and puked, I passed out and they woke me up, I forgot to draft a qb and drafted mariota and Winston late.  Everyone said I should start Winston but I started mariota, he threw a perfect qb rating and I looked like a genius, didn't win that year, but what a great week

1 hour ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

I drafted him his rookie year, I was really drunk at the draft and puked, I passed out and they woke me up, I forgot to draft a qb and drafted mariota and Winston late.  Everyone said I should start Winston but I started mariota, he threw a perfect qb rating and I looked like a genius, didn't win that year, but what a great week

This is just awesome.

5 hours ago, FinsUp24 said:

I'm a believer in Mariota's talent and upside, but does someone have a reasonable explanation for his inconsistency? Does he just flop against top defenses? 

He didnt do well against good defenses, only because recievers couldnt get open. He has much more talented recievers this year. We shall see how he holds up.

1 hour ago, MariGOATA said:

He didnt do well against good defenses, only because recievers couldnt get open. He has much more talented recievers this year. We shall see how he holds up.

Marcus, that you?

Is there any reason to be optimistic about some more rush attempts this season? For the kind of success that he has running the ball (7.4 YPC in 2015 & 5.8 YPC in 2016), I'm surprised they don't have some more designed runs for him