PPolanco

Miguel Cabrera 2017 Outlook

Even with the so called "back issues" Miggy is still hitting the snot out of the ball. His avg exit velocity is over 95 MPH, his avg distance is about 235 feet and he has a ridiculously good launch angle of over 21 degrees. Chances are he's still a top 10 bat in baseball at the end of the season.

Edited by yankeefan2116

I did too. 

Sucks but what can you do?

like juggernaut said, at least he's hitting. I prefer that to him playing and sucking...

Edited by billydough

Father Time still undefeated.  Back, groin, what's next?  Anyone going to sell as soon as time as right or just ride this train out?

8 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

Father Time still undefeated.  Back, groin, what's next?  Anyone going to sell as soon as time as right or just ride this train out?

8 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

Maybe if he wasn't such a fat slob he wouldn't get hurt  so much. Get in shape for crying out loud.

4 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Maybe if he wasn't such a fat slob he wouldn't get hurt  so much. Get in shape for crying out loud.

Uh....what? 13 seasons, only one where he didn't play at least 148 games. You know many "in-shape" guys miss a ton of games? Dude has been a model of health & consistency. You should think before you type. 

5 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

LOL. Between him & #MadDumb I, plus other managers in this boat, took a beating last night. Hope for the best but expect the worse. Hopefully, I'll have a positive update for us when it becomes available.

3 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Hot take alert.

3 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

This.   As you get older you must WORK on your conditioning more...you should get leaner as you age to reduce the strain on your body.    

He was DND for my this year at his adp because of the above.   It was obvious in ST that he hadn't changed his training habits.  And as a dynasty league owner I've been sneakily looking to sell. 

Hopefully it's only a 10-15 day issue. I'd rather have him rest now and come back healthy than try to play through it and make it worse. It's a long season.

So what we thinking? Has Migs met his limit this year? I still want to believe he will be fine, 145+ games. Guess just wait and see what the MRI has to say?

48 minutes ago, FinalProphet said:

So what we thinking? Has Migs met his limit this year? I still want to believe he will be fine, 145+ games. Guess just wait and see what the MRI has to say?

Im pretty sure they already said they expect him back when ready. Somewhere between a grade 1 and grade 2 strain.

54 minutes ago, yankeefan2116 said:

Im pretty sure they already said they expect him back when ready. Somewhere between a grade 1 and grade 2 strain.

Um...Yeah. Of course they expect him back when ready. What else would they be waiting on?

10 minutes ago, mysonx3 said:

Um...Yeah. Of course they expect him back when ready. What else would they be waiting on?

I think he meant they expect him back when eligible.

26 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

I think he meant they expect him back when eligible.

Hope this is right!