General Gannicus

Rex Burkhead 2017 Outlook

On 12/3/2017 at 9:05 PM, pjbyrne707 said:

Dudes a stud. My new RB2 replacing Howard just in time for fantasy playoffs. 

You got him in this week over howard and a beat up Cincy team? Im trying to pull the trigger, im scared tho. lol

Patriots can be so spastic, although missing gronk i think will help this week. Cant stand watching the pats, but i guess if he plays ill watch.

Edited by Zekepeak86

I’m so tired of people saying the NE RB situation is so unpredictable when there are numbers/evidence saying the exact opposite at this juncture in the season...

39 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

I’m so tired of people saying the NE RB situation is so unpredictable when there are numbers/evidence saying the exact opposite at this juncture in the season...

Now that Gillislee is inactive and white gets bare bone snaps I totally agree with you.  If they activiate Gillislee for some odd reason that would be my only concern.

Hoping this guy eats even more with Gronk out.  Hogan coming back is a bit of a bummer.  But this guy has been a fine mid-season pick-up.

1 hour ago, kidsgotsoul said:

Oh come on lol. Both Gillislee and White looked like huge parts of the offense at the beginning of the year. Now it's clear it's Burkhead and White. The NE backfield situation is a clear one until it isn't.

Edited by street sharks

14 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Oh come on lol. Both Gillislee and White looked like huge parts of the offense at the beginning of the year. Now it's clear it's Burkhead and White. The NE backfield situation is a clear one until it isn't.

I'm assuming you mean Burkhead and Lewis?  It has been clear as day since they made Gillislee an inactive every week that Lewis was the RB to own, and following the snap count progressions it was slowly becoming obvious White was being phased out for a healthy Burkhead.  I think their contributions to special teams made it even more likely they were going to stick around.

Edited by ap0calypse

32 minutes ago, ap0calypse said:

I'm assuming you mean Burkhead and Lewis?  It has been clear as day since they made Gillislee an inactive every week that Lewis was the RB to own, and following the snap count progressions it was slowly becoming obvious White was being phased out for a healthy Burkhead.  I think their contributions to special teams made it even more likely they were going to stick around.

Yeah Lewis. Dunno how I messed that up. Was even saying Lewis in my head as I typed out White lol. But I think we have some clarity to the backfield at this point (finally). Earlier in the season it's not as exactly cut and dry as people try to make it out to be

45 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Yeah Lewis. Dunno how I messed that up. Was even saying Lewis in my head as I typed out White lol. But I think we have some clarity to the backfield at this point (finally). Earlier in the season it's not as exactly cut and dry as people try to make it out to be

Right that’s fair but my post was in response to the one above regurgitating the same tired “but the Pats RB situation is  unpredictable!” when in fact it’s been very clear for several weeks at this point. If you want to point to a specific period during this season and say that, sure. I just think it’s silly to come into this thread at this point saying how worried you are about starting Rex still.

Edited by kidsgotsoul

18 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

Right that’s fair but my post was in response to the one above regurgitating the same tired “but the Pats RB situation is  unpredictable!” when in fact it’s been very clear for several weeks at this point. If you want to point to a specific period during this season and say that, sure. I just think it’s silly to come into this thread at this point saying how worried you are about starting Rex still.

fair enough

13 hours ago, nosh0t said:

Now that Gillislee is inactive and white gets bare bone snaps I totally agree with you.  If they activiate Gillislee for some odd reason that would be my only concern.

White out-snapped Rex and Dion last week.

12 hours ago, ap0calypse said:

Burkhead getting same amount of touches AND redone/goalline.

White out-snapped Rex and Dion last week.

27 minutes ago, Tomy said:

Better to have Rex than Lewis??

If you want rushing yards Lewis is your man. If you want fantasy points it's Rex by a long shot.

46 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Burkhead getting same amount of touches AND redone/goalline/reception.

Edited by this guy right here

34 minutes ago, Tomy said:

Better to have Rex than Lewis??

I think so.  Lewis gets more rushing volume but Rex's catches make up for it from a yardage perspective.  Plus Rex appears to be more of a priority in the red zone, too.

Very confused how this isn't obvious. It's a FFB forum. Points are all that matter.

Lewis                                                                               PTS                

8 10/29 LAC 15 44 2.9 10 0 2 10 5.0 11 0 0 7.4
10 11/12 @DEN 14 55 3.9 9 1 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 11.5
11 11/19 @OAK 10 60 6.0 20 0 4 28 7.0 15 1 0 18.8
12 11/26 MIA 15 112 7.5 25 0 1 1 1.0 1 0 0 12.3
13 12/03 @BUF 15 92 6.1 44 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 9.2

Burkhead

8 10/29 LAC 4 15 3.8 7 0 7 68 9.7 14 0 0 15.3
10 11/12 @DEN 10 36 3.6 8 0 3 27 9.0 14 1 0 15.3
11 11/19 @OAK 5 16 3.2 4 0 4 21 5.2 10 0 0 7.7
12 11/26 MIA 13 50 3.9 22 1 2 3 1.5 2 1 0 19.3
13 12/03 @BUF 12 78 6.5 31 2 3 25 8.3 11 0 0 25.3

Here's more.....

Targets-  Rex Burkhead (7, 0, 3, 6, 2, 4), Dion Lewis (2, 0, 0, 4, 2, 0)
Carries- Dion Lewis (15, 0, 14, 10, 15, 15), Rex Burkhead (4, 0, 10, 5, 13, 12)- Dion actually wins this one but gap is narrowing.
RZ Targets- Rex Burkhead (0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1), Dion Lewis (0, 0, 0, 2, 0, 0)
RZ Carries: Dion Lewis (2, 0, 4, 1, 4, 1) Rex Burkhead (1, 0, 2, 0, 2, 4)
Inside 5 Carries: Rex Burkhead (0, 0, 1, 0, 2, 2), Dion Lewis (0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0)
Edited by this guy right here

On 12/4/2017 at 11:44 PM, theantishere said:

I'm sold. That kind of juju is just what my team needs. 

Half-jokes aside, Burkhead's got 5 TDs in the last 4 games and is averaging 64 yards from scrimmage on 13 touches in that span. By comparison, Kareem Hunt is averaging 57 yards from scrimmage on 15 touches with no TDs in that same span. 

Am I crazy to start Burkhead over Hunt this week? Burkhead's got a nice matchup with Miami while Hunt has a decent matchup with Oakland, but obviously the New England offense is a well oiled machine that's gonna score TDs – we just don't know who's gonna eat – while KC has been struggling to score up until this last week. 

Anyone who's been keeping a closer eye on this know if Burkhead is trending towards stealing more work from Lewis? Gronk being suspended also has to help right?

Why not do both? I have Hunt in the flex, he's not worthy of a starting RB spot. 

4 hours ago, gimme the ball said:

Why not do both? I have Hunt in the flex, he's not worthy of a starting RB spot. 

I would if I didnt have better options for flex. After Engram’s resurgence last week I’m going with him at flex. 

Top 10 weekly RB due to TD upside.

On 12/6/2017 at 5:34 PM, kidsgotsoul said:

I agree.  I've been starting a Patriots RB every week this year (James White early and now Burkhead) and I got a bye.  If you watch the games its been pretty predictable what direction they have been going.

I think it depends.  If you want a RB who could pretty easily score 3-4 TDs in a game, Burkhead is probably your man.  

I drafted him then dropped him after he got hurt. Now I'm up against him in the first week of the fantasy playoffs so it only makes sense for him to score at least twice.

1 hour ago, griffin727 said:

I drafted him then dropped him after he got hurt. Now I'm up against him in the first week of the fantasy playoffs so it only makes sense for him to score at least twice.

Oh I hope so! Fingers crossed!!