Cdub2k

Thomas Rawls 2017 Season Outlook

3 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Smokey Brown, actually. 

That's pretty good.  Rawls is just one of those guys I really, almost irrationally, like.  If his adp wants to drop back to rd10 I'm cool with that.

Diehard hawks fan here; Rawls just can't stay healthy; he runs so out of control; I don't think he's worth the pick this year; with Lacy in shape and hopefully Prosise healthy for passing downs; there just won't be enough to warrant a bench spot IMO...Spend your draft pick on a flier.

20 hours ago, urban2014 said:

You are reaching. Its a preseason game, if anything its a good thing he is missing it

Totally! Just think of all that solid scar tissue he's building up with the injury---if Rawlsy can just get injured like two more times in preseason, he'll be armored with scar tissue and ready to roll Week 1. Or Week 7.

Draft him, hope he gets the start week 1, and trade him before he goes down. 

I'm not a big 'injury prone' believer (except for soft tissue injuries), but this guy runs so hard that he'll never last a full season. 

On 8/10/2017 at 3:08 PM, ShowStopper said:

Rawls handcuff to Lacy? Lol... Rawls is the better back when healthy no question. More elusive, quicker and just as powerful. The only category I see Lacy has Rawls in is weight. 

I doubt that apples to apples. A healthy lacey vs a healthy rawls, lacey is a much more talented, athletic  and skilled rb  from running, catching to pass protection. I understand rawls has always been a favorite as an underdog but let's not get carried away with hyperbole.

Edited by dashoe

i'm still avoiding this backfield, only guy worth taking a flyer vs his ADP is prosise in ppr. Even Petey boy cant screw that up if he uses him on passing downs while he experiments with his lead vs goal line vs short yardade vs decoy vs i'm the cleverrest HC in the league so i will keep u guessing on which rb I will play strategy

you ever think a guy's talent level is like 5 rounds higher than his ADP, and feel like you are taking crazy pills?

I don't think Prosise nor Lacy are particularly talented, and they pose question marks aside from that, too. 

But Rawls? I like Rawls. He runs tough and I love that. Seems fast enough, athletic enough. 

and imagine being a defender, isn't he a guy you wouldn't like tackling? 

Health/durability and RB competition must be what knock him down so far. Even so, I view him as one of the few RB's that late in the draft that have top-12 upside if a few things come together. 

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS

back to the crazy pill thing: 

is this not the look of a guy with RB1 upside? what am I missing? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LPclbm8wv0

Looks like an angrier, stronger Doug Martin (with less quickness). Like Muscle Hamster and Marshawn Lynch gave birth. 

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS

2 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

back to the crazy pill thing: 

is this not the look of a guy with RB1 upside? what am I missing? Looks like an angrier, stronger Doug Martin (with less quickness). Like Muscle Hamster and Marshawn Lynch gave birth. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LPclbm8wv0

You aren't missing anything, he's just never healthy. If healthy though the o-line isn't good and he might not have the same ferocity after his injuries, so RB1 seems extremely generous. Especially considering they probably want Prosise on 3rd downs.

1 minute ago, konstao said:

grab youre share of carson while you can

Pete Carroll says he has no hesitation giving rookie RB Chris Carson ball multiple times Sunday in his 1st NFL game at Green Bay #SeahawksNFL_2017_SEASeahawks_v2.png

I hope you realize what multiple means. That could mean Carroll has no hesitation giving Carson the ball twice. Lacy is the starter.

2 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

I hope you realize what multiple means. That could mean Carroll has no hesitation giving Carson the ball twice. Lacy is the starter.

yes, a s---y starter, but he is the starter...

for now

3 hours ago, dabeesta17 said:

He now has a high-ankle sprain. Questionable this week and probably for several weeks.

He was a full participant at practice today, seems like a good bet to play.

How does he go from a high ankle sprain to practicing all in the matter of half a day of news?

This backfield is not as much as a headache as the Pats, but it's still going to be a yearlong headache.

he let me down so much last year but i got him for cheap this year for the price of a "starter" and hopes of being back in form.

Edited by brosephd

12 hours ago, CooL said:

How does he go from a high ankle sprain to practicing all in the matter of half a day of news?

This backfield is not as much as a headache as the Pats, but it's still going to be a yearlong headache.

that's what i was thinking, sounds like there was some fake news in there about the high ankle sprain,

I think the Seahawks will eventually try to have one guy be someone they can lean on and stay in the game.

Just gotta hope Rawls, Lacy or Carson carves out a lead role. Either that or I wasted several mid-to-late round picks on this headache.

All these Chris Carson hype threads with his highlights has me laughing. 

Maybe people should take a look at Thomas Rawls highlights that were ACTUALLY in the NFL because I think people have forgotten how good this dude really is when healthy. I think he is healthy and he sure is worth the risk that everyone is getting him for in fantasy drafts.

Good Luck who ever owns him!

11 minutes ago, carmeloso80 said:

All these Chris Carson hype threads with his highlights has me laughing. 

Maybe people should take a look at Thomas Rawls highlights that were ACTUALLY in the NFL because I think people have forgotten how good this dude really is when healthy. I think he is healthy and he sure is worth the risk that everyone is getting him for in fantasy drafts.

Good Luck who ever owns him!

I drafted late in both leagues. RB1 upside when healthy. 

1 hour ago, Panthor said:

that's what i was thinking, sounds like there was some fake news in there about the high ankle sprain,

Not fake news. Plenty of reporters reported that. It was directly from PC.

Edited by burninglegs