FFCollusion

Ezekiel Elliott 2017 Season Outlook

OK, lots of cool story bros here about how those that drafted Zeke are still in a semi-decent position.

Let me amend my comments.

Those of us that drafted Zeke hoping for a reduced suspension, the suspension to be overturned, or the suspension to be pushed to 2018 PARTIALLY lost.  Many were hoping for an entire season of Zeke, or at least 14 games.

Not everyone got Zeke in the third or fourth round.  In some large competitive leagues, some of us still drafted him in the late first or second, obviously hoping for things to work out.

Yes, it's all about team management and waiver pick-ups, etc.  But nobody you pick up on the waiver wire is going to replace a 16 game season of Zeke.  Period.  No debating that.  And before somebody here says they picked up Kareem Hunt off waivers, let's agree that he should have been drafted in that Mickey Mouse league.

Just trying to help those wondering about his value.  Not trying for CSB., I have a deal in place to acquire Elliott, pending confirmation of suspension.

Kamara and Evan Engram for Elliott and my choice of Bilal or Sheppard.

The other owner is fighting for the playoffs.  I'm 7-1 and cruising to a bye.  

Just read that we won't find out until Friday. I want to find out now. Currently trying to trade Rivers to QB needy teams for a Mack or Collins type of guy lol.

12 minutes ago, CooL said:

And before somebody here says they picked up Kareem Hunt off waivers, let's agree that he should have been drafted in that Mickey Mouse league.

Hunt’s ADP guarantees he was drafted in Mickey Mouse leagues. 

Hell he was drafted in Mighty Mouse, Jerry, Speedy Gonzalez, Ben, Stuart Little, Ratatouille, Stewart, 3 blind mice, Meek and Eek, and every other league too. 

1 hour ago, SkinsNation said:

Problem with Zeke being "rested" for the fantasy playoffs is that every time Zeke has had a long lay-off, he's come back looking out of shape and it takes a couple games to get him going.  See:  First two weeks of 2016 season and first few weeks of 2017 season.  He obviously had longer lay-offs (the offseason) in those cases, but it's still somewhat concerning for Zeke owners who have to rely on him for fantasy playoffs.

Offseason layoff is a different animal than 6 weeks in the middle of the season, especially after he's gotten himself into game shape already this last month or so. With his workloads lately, I'm more inclined to say it's a good thing for weeks 15 & 16 than a detriment. At the very least he's guaranteed to be healthy. Firing him up confidently if I'm still playing come week 15. 

14 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Still a better pick than David Johnson ...

Better result, sure. Not pick. I mean Hunt is a better result than both. But injuries aren’t really foreseeable like this was. 

2 hours ago, CooL said:

If it turns out that Zeke is indeed suspended - and it is looking very very likely - then what more can us Zeke owners say than we gambled and we lost.

Many of us drafted Zeke thinking that the suspension was going to be thrown out or at the very least delayed until 2018.

Many of us drafted Zeke at a discounted cost.

We enjoyed having Zeke in our lineups for half a season, especially these last two weeks.

And now if he is gone, it essentially puts a huge hole in our teams and playoff chances.

Would have been almost better to know that he would be suspended for the first six games.  Then you could have gotten him at an even bigger discount.  And then would have him for the stretch run and playoffs.

That's the way it goes.  Sometimes you win.  Sometimes you lose.  Right now it looks like we lose.

I don't have the luxury of holding for playoffs because I got a lot of work to get in the playoffs. 

My 10 team PPR I have been offered Alex Collins & the Keenan Allen Owner & I are in deep discussion. I have used a mass text to start a bidding war between top teams.

This is playing out like a WWE storyline.  Roger Goodell is Vince McMahon and Elliott is Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Stone Cold: “I ain’t through with you, Vince, not yet by a long shot!” 

44 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

Better result, sure. Not pick. I mean Hunt is a better result than both. But injuries aren’t really foreseeable like this was. 

I have all 3. What could've been :[

Couple updates since the NFLPA appeal. 

Elliott's team will ask the federal appeals court to overturn the decision on an expedited basis. It had also asked Failla for a limited injunction that would allow Elliott to play while the 2nd Circuit weighs the request. The judge denied the request almost immediately Tuesday, noting it would essentially serve as a reversal of her decision the night before.

-NFLPA: While it's true the Commissioner has discretion, he has no bargained-for authority to ruin lives & careers in violation of CBA rights

-NFLPA asks 2nd Circuit for a stay in time for Elliott to play vs. Chiefs on Sunday

He's got almost no chance here, in my opinion. NY 2nd circuit defeated Brady/Deflategate and only looks at CBA process, which is effectively the exact same.

1 minute ago, LongBalls said:

-NFLPA asks 2nd Circuit for a stay in time for Elliott to play vs. Chiefs on Sunday

This would be worst case scenario because then we lose week 15. 

(Even worse for me because I'm a Chiefs fan and I'm okay with Zeke getting suspended for next week -__-)

All logic and sound reasoning tell me this suspension will be upheld starting this week, but I still get the feeling that this ain't over

5 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

-NFLPA: While it's true the Commissioner has discretion, he has no bargained-for authority to ruin lives & careers in violation of CBA rights

-

that is just bit of a stretch trying to claim Elliott's life and career is ruined by him being suspended

We're pretty clearly in the 95+% territory that Zeke is out starting Sunday. This league battle is all but over.

1 minute ago, Panthor said:

that is just bit of a stretch trying to claim Elliott's life and career is ruined by him being suspended

Could argue it would be. Directly affects his stats and performance which directly reduces the likelihood of him getting a massive contract down the line.

1 hour ago, skinfanjon said:

Just trying to help those wondering about his value.  Not trying for CSB., I have a deal in place to acquire Elliott, pending confirmation of suspension.

Kamara and Evan Engram for Elliott and my choice of Bilal or Sheppard.

The other owner is fighting for the playoffs.  I'm 7-1 and cruising to a bye.  

Seems like a very hefty overpay. 

8 minutes ago, Panthor said:

I'd agree, it's a tough argument to make that missing six games at a age 22 would ruin someone's life. Not to mention Failla leaned heavily on the 2nd Circuit decision in terms of Brady for the original ruling ... probably in anticipation of this appeal.

12 minutes ago, oswald737 said:

We're pretty clearly in the 95+% territory that Zeke is out starting Sunday. This league battle is all but over.

We are 50/50 until 7 PM EST.

13 minutes ago, Panthor said:

It isn't a stretch to say that Goodell has the power to do so, however.  To any player, based on any evidence he deems acceptable.

29 minutes ago, oswald737 said:

15 minutes ago, oban14 said:

We are 50/50 until 7 PM EST.

Who knows if it is truly 95+%, but to say that something is 50/50 is disregarding reality.

Simply because there are two outcomes does not make the likelihood of something 50/50.

Are the chances of the Cleveland Browns winning the Super Bowl 50/50? No.  

That being said, as a Zeke/Alf/McFadden owner, I'm hoping for the suspension to start this week.

My chances of a FF league championship are greater with Zeke in wks 15/16, vs having him secure a playoff berth but be suspended during fantasy playoffs.

Though.. I can understand fantasy owners with a losing record wanting the suspension to be pushed out, since they almost certainly wont be in the playoffs w/o him.