FFCollusion

Ezekiel Elliott 2017 Season Outlook

on video it looks like she doesn't care ...so it's pretty much going to come down to whether or not she is a Cowboys fan and if one of the 3000 lawyers convinces her to file something. 

edit: I obviously think it's wrong and he's a moron. I've been to MG and it's crazy with boobs everywhere but I never got the urge to expose someone. 

Edited by JSA2422

Just now, JSA2422 said:

on video it looks like she doesn't care ...so it's pretty much going to come down to whether or not she is a Cowboys fan and if one of the 3000 lawyers convinces her to file something. 

That's very possible.  Unless she actually did tell him no and there are witnesses I really hope she doesn't make this a huge deal.  I feel it makes it harder for women who really were assaulted. 

2 hours ago, Winky said:

You're blaming the girl?

There is no blame here is the point.  We don't the back story. They hung out afterward. I am a fan of pirate hookers btw. 

Edited by pikerbkb

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I think this speaks a lot to what your character is.  If a girl does not give consent to touch her like that then don't touch her.  If she doesn't care then it's not an issue.  It's as simple as that.  Just because a woman dresses like a pirate hooker does not make her one nor does it give consent to treat her as one.  Once again, if that woman gives consent then motor boat away my friend.

Maybe. And maybe people make assumptions about other people/situations from 10 second video clips or semi-anonymous posts in a fantasy football forum. Maybe people have nothing else better to do. 

1 minute ago, pikerbkb said:

Maybe. And maybe people make assumptions about other people/situations from 10 second video clips or semi-anonymous posts in a fantasy football forum. Maybe people have nothing else better to do. 

The only one's I see making assumptions are the ones saying she's a slut or a pirate hooker.  There are basically two answers to this, either she didn't care and was fine with him doing it or she didn't want him to do it in which case he sexually assaulted her.  None of us no for sure but I think the majority of us all agree that it looks like she was fine with it and nothing will come of it.

The main thing that's bothered me about this whole situation are the guys that comment about how stupid this is because he didn't do anything wrong even if she didn't want him to do it.  That's a huge problem if any man feels it's ok to touch another woman that way without permission.  That's just not appropriate behavior.

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

The only one's I see making assumptions are the ones saying she's a slut or a pirate hooker.  There are basically two answers to this, either she didn't care and was fine with him doing it or she didn't want him to do it in which case he sexually assaulted her.  None of us no for sure but I think the majority of us all agree that it looks like she was fine with it and nothing will come of it.

The main thing that's bothered me about this whole situation are the guys that comment about how stupid this is because he didn't do anything wrong even if she didn't want him to do it.  That's a huge problem if any man feels it's ok to touch another woman that way without permission.  That's just not appropriate behavior.

The big difference is, I'm joking and you're not. I'll leave it to you to lecture everyone what appropriate behavior is and when people can do what and to whom even though you or I have very little knowledge of what happened.

I really come here to hear and chat about FOOTBALL. To get away from all the crap like this and fake internet outrage. This is not Aaron Hernandez 2.0. This is nothing. To me this is the wrong forum to be delving into these serious social issues. Whatever. We don't know each other and you have no clue really as to my character or why I say what I say.

My comments are more or less an effort to disrupt the flow here. This whole discourse between you and I is just silly anyway. We are obviously on two separate wavelengths here. I mean if you want to talk about how a possible suspension might affect Zeke's fantasy value great. But if you want to grandstand and debate women's rights and type how much you are outraged, start an 2017 Oprah Winfrey Season Outlook thread or start a blog.

4 minutes ago, pikerbkb said:

The big difference is, I'm joking and you're not. I'll leave it to you to lecture everyone what appropriate behavior is and when people can do what and to whom even though you or I have very little knowledge of what happened.

I really come here to hear and chat about FOOTBALL. To get away from all the crap like this and fake internet outrage. This is not Aaron Hernandez 2.0. This is nothing. To me this is the wrong forum to be delving into these serious social issues. Whatever. We don't know each other and you have no clue really as to my character or why I say what I say.

My comments are more or less an effort to disrupt the flow here. This whole discourse between you and I is just silly anyway. We are obviously on two separate wavelengths here. I mean if you want to talk about how a possible suspension might affect Zeke's fantasy value great. But if you want to grandstand and debate women's rights and type how much you are outraged, start an 2017 Oprah Winfrey Season Outlook thread or start a blog.

I take it serious because it's a pretty damn serious subject that too many take lightly.  Nothing wrong with be just a little respectful towards women.

Now, back to fantasy football.  I wouldn't be surprised if Zeke gets some sort of suspension or penalty.  I don't think it should be much unless there really was a problem with consent but I don't think that was the case.  I think the NFL almost has to just to make sure they let the public know they are serious about the subject.  A one game suspension would be maximum if not even too much in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I take it serious because it's a pretty damn serious subject that too many take lightly.  Nothing wrong with be just a little respectful towards women.

Now, back to fantasy football.  I wouldn't be surprised if Zeke gets some sort of suspension or penalty.  I don't think it should be much unless there really was a problem with consent but I don't think that was the case.  I think the NFL almost has to just to make sure they let the public know they are serious about the subject.  A one game suspension would be maximum if not even too much in my opinion.

And I agree with you on that 100%. It's just that, there's a big difference between what happened in this example and girl that gets accosted on a street or at a house party just minding her own business imo.

In this situation I would say Elliott is just stupid and immature at worst. He should know better given his status. But I've been to Bourbon Street and enough Greek Weeks to know that ETOH + young adults will lead to this type of behavior. Remember all the old "Girls Gone Wild" videos? Hell, remember Animal House or Caddyshack? I agree without a doubt that there are lines that shouldn't be crossed, but imo this garden variety drunken debauchery and anyone who puts themselves in that position is asking for trouble, men and women, invited or not. Again, not putting any responsibility on anyone, but if you swim with sharks.....

Edited by pikerbkb

6 minutes ago, pikerbkb said:

In this situation I would say Elliott is just stupid and immature at worst. 

I tend to agree with the assessment here, a childish action, but at what point does a person become accountable?

Enabling this action enables the next one and the one after that, as well...

What if each action elevates behind closed doors because no one ever bothered to tell him right from wrong.

He might think all women are dirty pirate hookers.

I'd be fired from my job if I was caught on tape doing that and it was presented to my company.

A reprimand coming from his employers wouldn't be the worst thing given the NFL's profile in this subject matter.

1 hour ago, Winky said:

I tend to agree with the assessment here, a childish action, but at what point does a person become accountable?

Enabling this action enables the next one and the one after that, as well...

What if each action elevates behind closed doors because no one ever bothered to tell him right from wrong.

He might think all women are dirty pirate hookers.

I'd be fired from my job if I was caught on tape doing that and it was presented to my company.

A reprimand coming from his employers wouldn't be the worst thing given the NFL's profile in this subject matter.

That's the last time I use the term dirty pirate hooker even though I think it's great. I believe the concept was invented by a female cast member of SNL, Amy Pohler?.  Damn you Ron Burgundy for making it stick in my head.

Anyway, I think he's accountable now, but what is the consequence, or who does he answer to? Jerra ain't going to do squat. It's up to the Justice League of the NFL. I am more interested to know if there's anything to the DV accusations. That would be bad. But from all that I read, doesn't sound like there's much of a case.

You guys are sleeping on Elliott, to the extent that you have him definitively behind DJ and Leveon. Neither of those guys has an outstanding offensive line, had the rookie year Zeke had, nor were the prospect Zeke was coming out of college. You can make the argument they're better pass-catchers, but Zeke is no slouch in that department. He's just getting started. I predict he's the #1 back next year in standard and 1/2 ppr.

http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cowboys/post/_/id/4756081/ezekiel-elliotts-value-as-receiver-starting-to-show-up-in-cowboys-offense

4 hours ago, timexsocialclub said:

You guys are sleeping on Elliott, to the extent that you have him definitively behind DJ and Leveon. Neither of those guys has an outstanding offensive line, had the rookie year Zeke had, nor were the prospect Zeke was coming out of college. You can make the argument they're better pass-catchers, but Zeke is no slouch in that department. He's just getting started. I predict he's the #1 back next year in standard and 1/2 ppr.

http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cowboys/post/_/id/4756081/ezekiel-elliotts-value-as-receiver-starting-to-show-up-in-cowboys-offense

I am not sure anyone is sleeping on Elliott.

Getting drafted off the board in the first half of the first round of any league format is a pretty high ranking.

Only preferences determine whether he goes in front of Bell or DJ.

The prediction that he'll be #1 is fine, but it's not a slam dunk.

The Cowboy Oline will be a little different this season... that may or may not impact Elliott.

Two of the five starters are gone (Free & Leary), so we are not yet clear on the chemistry the replacement players are going to bring.

The line still has a remarkable core behind Martin, Smith, and Frederick... but now they slide La'el Collins (nice upside, but has underachieved to date) and Chaz Green (injury prone & coming off back surgery) into the mix.  Cooper looks like a good depth pick-up.

While the Dallas OLine will still be good, I am not sure they will be the dominant force they were for the past couple of seasons.

They lack depth now.

Elliott is a really strong RB, so perhaps he doesn't need the line to be as great as they were last season to lead the league.

I'll still take Bell and DJ before him because there is a larger body of work to stare at. 

Maybe I am splitting hairs... they are all great picks.

5 hours ago, timexsocialclub said:

Steelers were a top 3 o line per pff

10 hours ago, timexsocialclub said:

Talent: Bell > D.J > Zeke

Offense Bell > Zeke > D.J (While Cardinals offense can be solid it remains a huge question mark)

Usage in passing game Bell > D.J >>>>>>> Zeke

Even the Steelers line might be just as good as the Cowboys this year. If that is the case, I cannot find one thing that Elliot can do better than Bell. Bell is a better runner, reciever, better offense, and his line is very good. 

Granted, your post lost credibility when you said Steelers line isn't outstanding. That's an extremely silly claim.

Durability (so far)

Zeke > DJ > Bell

Also I may be wrong but if Bell gets busted with weed again, he might be out for a whole season.  

Can't go wrong with any of the 3.

31 minutes ago, Mustangt125 said:

Durability (so far)

Zeke > DJ > Bell

Also I may be wrong but if Bell gets busted with weed again, he might be out for a whole season.  

Can't go wrong with any of the 3.

If he gets busted again its 4 games.

#1 Draft pick in all formats...Bet?

Source: The Dallas Morning News - Jon Machota

Dallas Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott said he is working on 'becoming a more dominant second-level runner' heading into his second season. 'I think there were a couple times last season where I could've been (better) on certain runs when I got to the second level,' he added. 'So just kinda focused on finishing my runs and making guys miss at the second level.'

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ FOOTBALLGUYS VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

Elliott was already a player known for breaking off big runs in his rookie season. He had 14 runs of 20 yards or more in 2016, a mark that led the league. Teams are going to stack the box to try and stop him once more, so Elliott should be able to take advantage of those looks once again this year. He's an option to be selected with the first pick in fantasy drafts. His current ADP is 1.03 (RB3) in 12-team PPR leagues with the only backs ahead of him being Le'Veon Bell and David Johnson.

1 hour ago, TX Babe Ruth said:

Absolutely not.

2 hours ago, Winky said:

Absolutely not.

Agreed. DJ easily over him in PPR, and clearly over him in standard. Only dynasty is close, and even then I'd take DJ over him. 

4 hours ago, TX Babe Ruth said:

Well let's see. The Cowboys lost Doug Free to retirement; lost Ronald Leary to free agency; are moving the inconsistent La'El Collins from left guard to right tackle; and are starting Cardinals 2013 first-round bust Jonathan Cooper at left guard.

Elliott relies on O-line play more than any RB in the NFL. This line is an absolute mess; no longer "the Dallas O-line." Elliott is a top 8-10 pick due to volume, but I'm not taking him top 5.

15 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Agreed. DJ easily over him in PPR, and clearly over him in standard. Only dynasty is close, and even then I'd take DJ over him. 

The Cardinals offense feels like a sinking ship to me.

Prescott is just getting started and I think the Dallas OLine is still the nuts, despite losses and shifts.

I'm thinking significant regression w/ DJ, some wear-and-tear based injury problems, and at least a slight uptick for Zeke.

I'm picking Zeke #1 in standard, lemme think about it in ppr, and 2018 might be the TRUE Cardinal offensive wasteland because they are allergic to having a decent backup QB for some reason so...I'm taking him over DJ in dynasty too.

BTW: Who's his handcuff this year? I thought I heard DMC was getting re-upped but is Alf gone?

Edited by Proteus

13 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Who's his handcuff this year? I thought I heard DMC was getting re-upped but is Alf gone?

my early feel is its DMC.  The Cowboys have been rumored to have been shopping Morris this offseason ahead of and during the draft.  Couple that with the subtraction of Dunbar, i think this Cowboys team will look to DMC to feel a complimentary role behind Zeke and on third downs off and on as well.  Morris can't catch a cold, so he's pretty limited as far as ability to jump up this depth chart currently.  I think we see Morris in sweat pants more weeks then in a helmet in 2017

42 minutes ago, dabeesta17 said:

Elliott relies on O-line play more than any RB in the NFL. This line is an absolute mess; no longer "the Dallas O-line." Elliott is a top 8-10 pick due to volume, but I'm not taking him top 5.

I don't think that's a fair statement.  He grades out well by sources that look at tape to try and differentiate O-line blocking from an RB's personal impact, and created on his own even on the rare instance the line didn't execute/got beat.  He wouldn't be the league leader without the line, but he's still a 1000+ yard rusher. 

34 minutes ago, dabeesta17 said:

Elliott relies on O-line play more than any RB in the NFL

this comment always makes me laugh.  Yea, Leveon and DJ have horrid OL's(eye roll).  If you watch long enough you should start to see the talent.  Im not sure where exactly you draw this set conclusion from as well. More then any RB in the NFL, huh?  Go take a look at where the OL's ranked for Leveon, DJ, Zeke and even Murray in 2016.  To say Zeke relies on his OL play more then any RB in the league is reaching and you know it.

Put any of these RB's in a waste land OL situation and i would have my doubts for each one.   The idea that Leveon and DJ are so far head and shoulders better then Zeke due to OL play i find inaccurate.  To be honest, many could argue the Cowboys simply haven't used Zeke correctly yet, or enough, esp on third down. In a standard dynasty I'm taking Zeke and its any easy choice.  In redraft standard, I'm taking him second, in a  PPR league, I'm prob taking him third overall right now,  The Cowboys have GOT to get his target share up, plain and simple.  

11 minutes ago, BlakeP42 said:

Yea, Leveon and DJ have horrid OL's(eye roll). 

Put any of these RB's in a waste land OL situation and i would have my doubts for each one. 

I don't know about the Steelers O-line. Never taken the time to watch it and break it down. DJ played with a makeshift O-line all of 2016. Mathis played only four games and Veldheer was put on IR in Week 8. A bunch of young guys came in and blocked well enough to get DJ to 2,000 yards and 20 TDs. The experience will help them in 2017 and I actually place the Cardinals O-line in the top 5 preseason and wouldn't be surprised to see DJ eclipse 1,500 yards on the ground.

And put any RB behind the 2013-2016 Dallas O-line and they will rush for 1,000+ yard. A washed-up McFadden looked good behind that line. Just is what it is. Elliott has a lot to prove this year.