FFCollusion

Ezekiel Elliott 2017 Season Outlook

58 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

#1 RB, just thought I'd reiterate that.

... for the Cowboys... ^_^

Edited by Winky

Anybody here really confident taking zeke 1.01? I know most are in the Bell and DJ camp but there's something about Zeke that makes me want him on my team no matter what my other options are.

5 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

Anybody here really confident taking zeke 1.01? I know most are in the Bell and DJ camp but there's something about Zeke that makes me want him on my team no matter what my other options are.

If you're playing in a league with standard scoring, run with that "something," but if it's PPR, push that something down inside, close the drawer, lock it, toss the key, and consider Bell, DJ or a WR at 1.01. 

37 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

If you're playing in a league with standard scoring, run with that "something," but if it's PPR, push that something down inside, close the drawer, lock it, toss the key, and consider Bell, DJ or a WR at 1.01. 

I don't know. I expect Dallas to use him at a lot more in the pass game this year, now that he's a little more acclimated. He's great in pass protection and this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ8b6G895v4

56 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

As a Cowboys homer who plays standard, I am.  He's going to finish close enough to DJ or Bell barring injury.  PPR, I'm taking one of the other ones (or if I'm not a Cowboys homer). 

8 hours ago, timexsocialclub said:

I don't know. I expect Dallas to use him at a lot more in the pass game this year, now that he's a little more acclimated. He's great in pass protection and this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ8b6G895v4

Tyron Smith leveled his guy in this one... great clip.

My 1st round pick is back at practice. 

Source: ESPNDallas.com - Todd Archer

Dallas Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott (head) was back at OTAs Tuesday, May 30, after he was held out of practice last week following a car accident on May 21.

The reality of wearing the star on your helmet is, whether you are guilty or not, it really doesn't matter.

Especially, if you are a star wearing the star. Jerry Jones will do anything in his power to make this case disappear into thin ice.

I'm not inferring that Zeke is guilty, I'm just stating the facts about America's Team privileged players.

Source: USA TODAY Sports - Tom Pelissero

Dallas Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott's domestic violence case could be resolved soon as phone records and other documents were recently turned over to investigators, according to sources. Closure to the case could come before the regular season commences, but the NFL has simply stated that its investigation is ongoing.

If anything, I think Zeke's production will increase this next year.

Zeke put up 1600 yards last year, and that's including sitting out the last six quarters of the season. Plus his first game against the Giants was a clear outlier - he put up 100 on them the next time they met.

Overall, that's about 2 full games worth of production that could be added, which no change in balance of the Cowboys offense. Zeke's a stud, and his line has 3 All-Pros. He's a 3 down back who just got the most carries in the NFL. With 2 games more production? 1600 yards is his floor.

Dak's ADP just dropped along with Zeke's.

Zeke

DJ

Bell

Source: The Dallas Morning News - Jon Machota

Dallas Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott will 'absolutely' be used more in the passing game this season, according to running backs coach Gary Brown.

23 hours ago, TX Babe Ruth said:

Dak's ADP just dropped along with Zeke's.

Zeke

DJ

Bell

Source: The Dallas Morning News - Jon Machota

Dallas Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott will 'absolutely' be used more in the passing game this season, according to running backs coach Gary Brown.

Dropped? 

The reason to love the cowboys!!! 

Source: Morty Ain - ESPN.com

Morty Ain, from ESPN.com, reports Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott tries to outphysical his opponent on every play. " I want them to tap out by the end of the game. I try to take my opponent's will away." Elliott recently said in an interview with ESPN The Magazine.

3. Ezekiel Elliott, DAL
2017 Projection: 310 attempts / 1590 rushing yards / 12 rushing touchdowns; 38 receptions / 440 receiving yards / 2 receiving touchdowns (322 points)
Outlook: Running behind the dominant Dallas offensive line, Elliott set all kinds of team and rookie records last season in a great year for the Cowboys offense. However, with some pieces missing from that offensive line this year and the development of Dak Prescott at quarterback, I believe Elliott takes a small step back from his massive 2016. Still a clear and easy top 3 option at the position, however.

ruh-roh

Speaking with SiriusXM Fantasy Sports, ESPN's Adam Schefter said he would be "hesitant" to draft Ezekiel Elliott in fantasy leagues because of uncertainty about the NFL's ongoing investigation.

Schefter is an avid fantasy player as well as the best reporter in the business, so his opinion carries some weight. Schefter said he has spoken to some people who gave him a "sense some form of discipline could happen" and others who do not think anything will come of the investigation. Schefter also added he expected a news dump to come before the July 4th weekend, but the decision may have been pushed back as the NFL deals with "more information" and holds "more meetings." This investigation is seemingly never ending, and the fact the NFL has not cleared Elliott already suggests they are considering some discipline. That concern is not enough to push Zeke out of the first round, but it is worth considering before selecting him in the top five.
Edited by Packdog

Zeke needs to open up his wallet and hire a daily life coach/babysitter because all of his problems are literally self inflicted. Old issues that don't go away and new issues that drip into the news every so often

Edited by dashoe

8 minutes ago, Packdog said:

ruh-oh

Speaking with SiriusXM Fantasy Sports, ESPN's Adam Schefter said he would be "hesitant" to draft Ezekiel Elliott in fantasy leagues because of uncertainty about the NFL's ongoing investigation.

Schefter is an avid fantasy player as well as the best reporter in the business, so his opinion carries some weight. Schefter said he has spoken to some people who gave him a "sense some form of discipline could happen" and others who do not think anything will come of the investigation. Schefter also added he expected a news dump to come before the July 4th weekend, but the decision may have been pushed back as the NFL deals with "more information" and holds "more meetings." This investigation is seemingly never ending, and the fact the NFL has not cleared Elliott already suggests they are considering some discipline. That concern is not enough to push Zeke out of the first round, but it is worth considering before selecting him in the top five.

#DMCforthefirstthree

the NFL needs to get their butts in gear then if this is the case.  Looks like if you are drafting early and ya land Zeke, you better jump up and grab DMC as well.  This seems a bit to open ended still to be comfy 

just means the guy who was looking at taking zeke over a dj or bell is going to think a bit harder

On 5/10/2017 at 8:49 AM, dabeesta17 said:

Well let's see. The Cowboys lost Doug Free to retirement; lost Ronald Leary to free agency; are moving the inconsistent La'El Collins from left guard to right tackle; and are starting Cardinals 2013 first-round bust Jonathan Cooper at left guard.

Elliott relies on O-line play more than any RB in the NFL. This line is an absolute mess; no longer "the Dallas O-line." Elliott is a top 8-10 pick due to volume, but I'm not taking him top 5.

15 minutes ago, Packdog said:

ruh-roh

If he's suspended 3 games, he's out of the first round for me.

7 minutes ago, BlakeP42 said:

the NFL needs to get their butts in gear then if this is the case.  Looks like if you are drafting early and ya land Zeke, you better jump up and grab DMC as well.  This seems a bit to open ended still to be comfy 

it really does need to be resolved. if they do punish him elliott needs time to appeal. it shouldn't have lingered this long. maybe the nfl is just being extra inquisitive in an attempt to limit negative PR. i wouldn't put it past the league to suspend him just for the sake of image. if they do go that route i imagine he gets a game or two since he isn't facing any criminal charges.