FFCollusion

Ezekiel Elliott 2017 Season Outlook

12 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

Needless to say, I'm very grateful my highest stakes league doesn't draft until next wednesday.  I don't blame any fantasy owner right now who is livid over this, because a guy like Elliott falling to the late second or early 3rd like he has for a few weeks would be an absolute league winner for someone that drafted DJ, Le'Veon, Antonio Brown or Julio and then gets Elliott for all 16 games. I'm sure there are plenty of those instances across fantasy leagues, and if I was playing for a lot of money that would not sit well with me right now.

I'm sure your opinion is going to something that a lot of people can agree with, but the flip side is that nobody forced people to pass on him and let him fall.

I'm sure that those that took a leap of faith and drafted him in the early second or even in the first were ridiculed during their drafts these past several weeks. "Uh, you DO know that he's suspended six games, right?" To which those drafters would respond "fortune favors the bold".

There's no guarantee for Zeke owners that this all works out. But fantasy is about taking risks. If you were in the back half of the first round and otherwise would have had no shot at Zeke, but this issue allowed him to fall and you were bold enough to take him in the late first or early second and now might have a potential top 3 pick, kudos to you. If you passed on him and allowed him to fall to the 2-3 turn and now are staring at some really stacked teams, then that's in part your fault.

I've been drafting him in the 2nd round.  I believe he will play this season.  The NFL is screwing the pooch again on this investigation.  They blatantly ignored the lead investigators opinion and excluded some of her evidence.  

3 minutes ago, raltherr said:

I've been drafting him in the 2nd round.  I believe he will play this season.  The NFL is screwing the pooch again on this investigation.  They blatantly ignored the lead investigators opinion and excluded some of her evidence.  

So does everyone else 

2 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

The way this s--- has played out we all should quit fantasy football ....

who is with me?

If by "quit" you mean "I just had the worst luck ever, most points scored and missed the playoffs, i'm done with this s*** forever" and then come back next year, then sure.

id just hate to meet the guy who drafted zeke 3rd overall before suspension then traded him away after news broke of 6 game suspension ... and watch the suspension get overturned..... yikes

im so confident that the nfl f ed this up and he will have no/minimal suspension that i offered demarco and  d henry for zeke and mcfadden

I don't know why you guys are pissed. I'd only be pissed if I had the 4th pick. It's a discount for what would've been the #3 overall player. 

4 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

im so confident that the nfl f ed this up and he will have no/minimal suspension that i offered demarco and  d henry for zeke and mcfadden

They F up almost every single one of these situations and the suspensions still stick. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Elliott serve the full 6 still.  Odds are it gets reduced by a game or two but he'll serve it at some point if that's the arbitrator's decision.

Blame the CBA...

Edited by Gabbed

One of my primary motivators for taking him at the 2.7 spot of a 12 team league a few weeks ago was to avoid him being on a team that possesses DJ OR Bell. Those two players are so far above replacement level value, imagine also having Zeke on your team.

Of course, this reasoning depends on your league settings. I play in a .5 ppr where touchdowns and running backs are still king. I'm hoping for a delay in this suspension until next year just to stick it to the rest of my risk-averse league.

I don't think he should last any further beyond the 1st/2nd round turn at this point. But, he's most likely headed to top-5 status again. And for good reason.

I don't get why some mention reduction, you realize that makes no sense one bit right? 

Just now, Savatage79 said:

I don't get why some mention reduction, you realize that makes no sense one bit right? 

Exactly!  It doesn't make any logical sense, but it makes perfect sense for the NFL's clown courts.

On 8/29/2017 at 5:47 PM, joshua18 said:

All this Zeke hype ignores that: 

1. Goodell could put him on the commissioner's exempt list at any time

2. The court has to grant an injunction for the suspension to be postponed

The odds of Zeke getting past both before week 1 are slim to none. 

Looks like I'm going to be proven wrong on this one. With the lead investigator recommending no suspension (and then being excluded from the meetings where the suspension was determined), there's no way the court would deny an injunction. And Goodell putting him on the exempt list would now be PR suicide.

Congrats to everyone who bet that the NFL's incompetence and lack of integrity would not allow their suspension of Zeke to hold. 

Just now, Savatage79 said:

Care to clarify your extremely vague statement? 

18 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

This thread has what appears to be a lot of jealous non elliot owners if i were to guess 

Really?

I mean what first round pick could anyone possibly have made that would make them feel any jealousy at all? It's a joke to take this kind of risk on Elliott when there are so many other options that are just as good.

Here's a timeline of Zeke's case.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/8/29/16151642/ezekiel-elliott-timeline-domestic-violence-police-report-nfl-suspension-appeal

It just doesn't make sense. She acted a fool in his apt on Feb. 12th and called the police and claimed he hurt her.  So months after that incident, Zeke still chooses to have her pick him up when he arrived in Columbus? Why would he do that? Being stupid doesn't mean you're a woman beater. Though, I still find it baffling he continued to involve himself with her after she called the police on him.  Who would continue to hang out with someone who lied to the police on them? I don't get that.  Unless maybe she didn't lie on Feb. 12th.  I don't know.  It just doesn't make sense. 

the nfl has to realize they may have reached too far. zeke, jerry, and the nflpa seem to have a better case than we realized just a few days ago. i think the best solution for both parties would be a compromise of sorts so this doesn't drag on and gets out of the headlines sooner rather than later. something like the league takes away the DV charge and suspend elliot for two games for conduct detrimental to the league for boob gate or something. 

3 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Care to clarify your extremely vague statement? 

Because the idea of a reduced suspension has no precedent or logic.  Either the suspension is legit, or it isn't.  This whole idea that the NFL will just say, "well we messed up but you still gotta serve 4 games" is not something I would consider a realistic possibility.

There are pictures of her bruises that she sent to her mom on the night she was with him and the police showed up. And those pics have been been authenticated.

So to believe he's innocent would mean you'd need to drink the kool aid of thinking she somehow faked the pics and fooled the authenticators, which is fine if you have that kind of taste for kool aid.

Personally, I'd rather just go with one of the other first/second rounds that is just as good as Elliott, if not better.

1 minute ago, Trifecta said:

Because the idea of a reduced suspension has no precedent or logic.  Either the suspension is legit, or it isn't.  This whole idea that the NFL will just say, "well we messed up but you still gotta serve 4 games" is not something I would consider a realistic possibility.

It's actually the probability, at this point.  Not that wording, but it is probable that it gets reduced.

Edited by rich22

Just now, Fiveohnine said:

Personally, I'd rather just go with one of the other first/second rounds that is just as good as Elliott, if not better.

Sounds like you are drinking some special koolaid yourself there, buddy.

Just now, Fiveohnine said:

There are pictures of her bruises that she sent to her mom on the night she was with him and the police showed up. And those pics have been been authenticated.

So to believe he's innocent would mean you'd need to drink the kool aid of thinking she somehow faked the pics and fooled the authenticators, which is fine if you have that kind of taste for kool aid.

the way this is looking we were wrong ... the first step is admitting

Just now, rich22 said:

It's actually the probability, at this point

Based on what? Schefter?

I think everyone who has echoed that it doesn't make sense to reduce the suspension has held that position because it's all or none... either the suspension stands, or it doesn't.

Actually you can't be wrong about the facts. And the pics, police calls/vists, etc. are all facts and neither side even denies.

He could avoid suspension despite those facts. But they're still facts.