FFCollusion

Ezekiel Elliott 2017 Season Outlook

Possible Leveon/deangelo situation from last year if suspended.

If im a mid round 1st and someone lets him slip ill pull the trigger and grab me some run DMC later on.

43 minutes ago, Ravensdan said:

RB with the first pick in a dynasty is pretty shortsighted. Whoever got to steal ODB is thanking you for that one. 

You meant Mike Evans, but you're excused. :P

3 hours ago, DirtyBoys said:

Sorry I should've added the quote and I would as well. I had the 1st overall pick in 2015 in a first draft keeper league and still picked Bell.

That does not mean he is dependent on the offensive line. That means he is the most dependent from the stars. After all, somebody has to be the most dependent. Personally, there are 6 RBs that I would consider stars. DJ, Bell, Elliot, Shady, Freeman, and Gordon.

Gordon and DJ had pathetic lines. Thus, them being dependent on the line goes right out the window. In fact, I considered Bell the consensus first overall pick until I conducted further research and came to the obvious conclusion that DJ was running behind a bunch of turds and if that line lives up to its promise he can break 2,500 scrimmage yards. Granted, I believe Bell can as well. Due to Zeke's "not bad" involvement in the passing game at best I don't see that as his ceiling. That's beside the point. Anyways, I am high on Gordon for the same reason. Their lines went from pathetic to adequate. 

Bell, Freeman, and Shady all had good lines. Villanueva had some troubles early on but did far better later on. Steelers line did great towards the end but overall I would classify the season as good for these lines. Zeke, on the other hand, had an utterly incredible offensive line. Elliot had ridiculous yards before contact last year. 

Heading into this year, Gordon and DJ have an obviously superior line. Bell also has a line that is better than for most of last season. Buffalo and Atlanta also addressed issues on the line. Cowboys on the other hand, made a very obvious and huge step backward. The Cowboys are going from "damn" to likely "hey they got a nice line!" 

Now throw in the fact that the other 5 RBs are easily more involved in the passing game and calling Elliot the most dependent back on the offensive line is not a stretch by any means. I like Elliot a lot this year. I believe he has the biggest chance of reaching 2,000 rushing yards. However, I also believe he has the biggest chance of finishing outside the top 7 or so as a RB from the top 3. That isn't even a huge knock on him. I believe Bell and DJ are just that good.

11 hours ago, irvnasty said:

You meant Mike Evans, but you're excused. :P

No way beckam over Evans all day but that's. Different thread.  Seems like a lot of hysteria surrounding Zeke right now. If he drops I wouldn't hesitate.  

On 7/3/2017 at 0:47 PM, vikingapocalypse said:

Schefter trying to get a leg up on his leaguemates :ph34r:

I was thinking Schefter must have gotten the #5 and went straight in to propaganda mode.

Zeke gonna get suspended.. Coming down the pipe.. I'm guessing 2 games..moth appeal to reduce to 1 game.. Open up against Giants and Denver.. Could he become a bust or steal if he slides.. You decide 

peace

2 minutes ago, BuckeyeNutz said:

Zeke gonna get suspended.. Coming down the pipe.. I'm guessing 2 games..moth appeal to reduce to 1 game.. Open up against Giants and Denver.. Could he become a bust or steal if he slides.. You decide 

peace

Speculation or certainty?

The fact that you can even be considered for a suspension after a proven false allegation is a disgrace and the NFL should be embarrassed, if it even had any dignity left.

ESPN's Adam Schefter is reporting this morning that there's a "growing sense" that DAL RB Ezekiel Elliott is "bracing" for a short suspension of 1-2 games at the beginning of the 2017 season. The NFL's investigation into allegations of domestic violence against Elliott is ongoing and nothing has been finalized yet, but we want you to know what we know.

1 hour ago, Lord_Varys said:

The fact that you can even be considered for a suspension after a proven false allegation is a disgrace and the NFL should be embarrassed, if it even had any dignity left.

The NFL's focus here is to demonstrate an "intolerance" for domestic violence or anything that is even remotely associated with it...

Hypocrisy to say the least when guys like Tyreek Hill and Joe Mixon are being pumped up as the next big things.

I understand their events were in the past, but they still happened and memories for this kind of thing are long.

Who cares if he misses on game to 3 games?   He still should be drafted in the top 3 overall.  These guys slide like Bell did last year and the guys that wait it out win championships. 

1 hour ago, Lord_Varys said:

Well, it's there league so they can hand out punishments however they want.  If they feel it hurts their image then they will take action I suppose.

5 minutes ago, JrsKars said:

so would D.Mcfadden be a good late rounder pickup if zeke misses 2-3 weeks?

He was a good late rounder anyways as a 3-down cuff to a workhorse in a great situation.  He figures to be a top 12 RB play at least in week 1 so that certainly warrants a roster spot.

53 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Well, it's there league so they can hand out punishments however they want.  If they feel it hurts their image then they will take action I suppose.

Sure, they can do whatever they want.  But just because they have the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

The suspension makes me want Zeke even more...he's really going to want to be fed when he returns. 

giphy.gif

Missing the Giants game wouldn't be the worst thing for Zeke... :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Well, it's there league so they can hand out punishments however they want. 

the player's union says hello

2 minutes ago, disasterisk said:

the player's union says hello

And that's why there's a union.

21 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

And that's why there's a union.

And the union specifically agreed to this power to be solely controlled by commissioner in their last contract.  Willljkey be addressed in next discussions 

4 hours ago, BuckeyeNutz said:

peace

Slides to the 4th pick?

38 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

Slides to the 4th pick?

... asks the guy with the 4th pick...

No way does this affect where he's drafted. Missing one or two games is no big deal.

4 hours ago, lavaman said:

No way does this affect where he's drafted. Missing one or two games is no big deal.

Shouldn't affect his production but it will affect his ADP slightly. There will always be some that will avoid him because of the suspension. Mostly likely only drop a spot or two. People in the 4-5 spots will rejoice.