FFCollusion

Ezekiel Elliott 2017 Season Outlook

4 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

This thread will be fun. Either people will be pissed they passed on him and he doesn't serve time. Or other people will come in here pissed they decided to draft him in 1st round and his suspension remains in place. Pissed people incoming....

yep, either way, it's gonna hound folks all season. 

but this thing is starting to reek to the high heavens, especially if he's allowed to join the frey in week one ... if the league had that mountain of evidence at their disposal (enough to warrant six games), why did the PD stand down?

Shame on whoever spit the bit here. 

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

yep, either way, it's gonna hound folks all season. 

but this thing is starting to reek to the high heavens, especially if he's allowed to join the frey in week one ... if the league had that mountain of evidence at their disposal (enough to warrant six games), why did the PD stand down?

Shame on whoever spit the bit here. 

I wish you good fortune in the wars to come 

2 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

If he's there in the 2nd you pull the trigger every single time 

This. I don't think that you hesitate at this point. We are looking at the possible games missed piece which is huge, but there is such a drop off of talent at the position, that if you don't get drunk and start to fall asleep during the middle and latter part of your drafts, you should be able to piece some players together until he gets back if it's a worse case scenario. I hate to use the "Risk/Award" analogy but in this case, the reward is just too much to pass up.

1 minute ago, Travis Burten said:

I wish you good fortune in the wars to come 

Ha! I thought the same thing. Was wondering how more names could have been worked in. 

"There's such a stark difference between Zeke and McFadden"

"Goodell has his little finger on the trigger"

"Zeke needs to serve the suspension later. Winter is coming, and he's no good in the Snow"

9 minutes ago, screaming_vultures said:

And there will also be some people who drafted him in the 3rd and paired him with DJ or Leveon and now scaring the sh** out of their leagues. 

yeah, i addressed this a few pages back, and, tell ya what, i snagged him at pick 15 last weekend partly on the defensive - no way in hell i was gonna allow that scenario (DJ/Bell + Zeke) to play out. 

I mocked the scenario to death, and kinda knew how it would shake out, so i knew what i was getting in to. 

24 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

This thread will be fun. Either people will be pissed they passed on him and he doesn't serve time. Or other people will come in here pissed they decided to draft him in 1st round and his suspension remains in place. Pissed people incoming....

So sort of what happens to every RW player thread?  If you have him, you think he's the next coming of Jim Brown and you're already making reservations for the 'ship.  If you don't have him, you'll try to find every reason why people shouldn't own him or be so high on him.

I'm not interested in hearing from the guys who got him at the 2-3 turn because your leaguemates were scared to pick him.  No pats on the back for you folks.  I think who deserves virtual pats on the back are all of us gutsy ones who drafted him in the first or high second round.  We need to let out a collective hoo-rah if (when?) the good news gets announced.

10 minutes ago, The Caucasian Sensation said:

Yeah, I drafted Zeke and was virtually laughed at by one member of my league. When I turned around from the draft board I proceeded to ask him how many times he had made the playoffs in the last five years (which was zero) and he didnt say another word.

giphy_s.gif

On 8/12/2017 at 9:59 AM, Sternes said:

I've not really followed the situation that closely, but can someone help me find what evidence they are using?  I remember reading this last year,

http://deadspin.com/witness-claims-ezekiel-elliotts-girlfriend-asked-her-to-1786320742

I do know there are multiple times the alleged abuse occurred, but isn't this just a tad disconcerting? Is she going to be paraded around as a victim of something that she possibly made up, kind of like clock boy?

If it DID happen, I'm 100% behind her, I just get very nervous around her credibility if this article is true.

If you haven't read the link I recommend it.   This other one I stumbled across a while back. 

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/08/17/everything-need-know-nfls-investigation-cowboys-rb-ezekiel-elliott-assault-allegations

The woman listed her occupation as "sex slave" in one report.  Now, I'm not an expert, but if I read that, I'd assume that it was some kind of S&M thing.  Wouldn't that also explain bruises?

I'm never been a big Zeke guy, but this has to be one of the least credible people possible claiming this.  It doesn't mean it didn't happen, but good lord, it is really hard to believe her.

15 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

yeah, i addressed this a few pages back, and, tell ya what, i snagged him at pick 15 last weekend partly on the defensive - no way in hell i was gonna allow that scenario (DJ/Bell + Zeke) to play out. 

Bell/DJ/Zeke are really in a tier of their own when they're playing. I put them at 150%+ the value of the other 1st rounders, with the exception of AB. Owning two of them is pretty much game over. 

I ended up with Julio + Zeke - if I didn't pick, it's likely DJ/Bell owner were taking. 

41 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

Well those who drafted him will be crying here immediately if the suspension stands.

if it is dismissed, those who passed on Zeke will take more time to show up here depending on if he actually puts up big numbers and stays healthy compared to all the other early round options. 

1 minute ago, Fiveohnine said:

Well those who drafted him will be crying here immediately if the suspension stands.

As an owner who also happens to be an Eagles fan...I'd be ok with it. 

14 minutes ago, Rainyy said:

Bell/DJ/Zeke are really in a tier of their own when they're playing. I put them at 150%+ the value of the other 1st rounders, with the exception of AB. Owning two of them is pretty much game over. 

I ended up with Julio + Zeke - if I didn't pick, it's likely DJ/Bell owner were taking. 

The Bell/Zeke owner in my main lost last year. Didn't even make the ship, and it wasn't a week 17 ship either. So it's def not game over.

3 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

if it is dismissed, those who passed on Zeke will take more time to show up here depending on if he actually puts up big numbers and stays healthy compared to all the other early round options. 

Nah, I drafted him with the suspension in mind for a second half of the season advantage. A lift or reduction is just Gravy, no crying here chief. 

3 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

Nope.   Riding out the first half with a replacement option should be every Zeke owner's plan.  Still well worth the second round pick most paid.  

8 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

The Bell/Zeke owner in my main lost last year. Didn't even make the ship, and it wasn't a week 17 ship either. So it's def not game over.

No, you might have had McCoy or Howard.  

Along with Bell, DJ, Zeke- they were the 5 most common players on championship rosters.    His point is dead on though-   You are far more likely to be there in the end with a top 5 rb.   

Edited by Impreza178

55 minutes ago, screaming_vultures said:

And there will also be some people who drafted him in the 3rd and paired him with DJ or Leveon and now scaring the sh** out of their leagues. 

And there will also be people dropping GOT references hidden in progressive posts all year long in this thread

Just now, screaming_vultures said:

I have spent all night watching this thread, doesnt seem to be getting any more clearer. No One really knows what is really going to happen on monday/Tuesday

No one knows for sure, we are making educated guesses at this point.

9 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

Yeah sorry, one anecdote doesn't mean anything. It's all about playing the odds and you'd be greatly improving a team's odds of winning if you let them get DJ/Bell & Zeke.

3 minutes ago, TedStriker said:

Yeah sorry, one anecdote doesn't mean anything. It's all about playing the odds and you'd be greatly improving a team's odds of winning if you let them get DJ/Bell & Zeke.

That's a pretty baseless assumption. 

Like I said, a few years ago Antonio Brown was going around where Zeke's discounted price fell, and he's been the best WR ever since. It's silly to think that Zeke would be guaranteed to do better than other picks in that range. 

On 8/31/2017 at 6:46 AM, shakestreet said:

I was a firm believer drafting Zeke under 50th was a death blow to your team

You already said this a few days ago and were wrong about it. It depends on the playoff settings and league format and in most leagues he's obviously a Top 50 player even with a 6 game suspension.

12 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

That's a pretty baseless assumption. 

Like I said, a few years ago Antonio Brown was going around where Zeke's discounted price fell, and he's been the best WR ever since. It's silly to think that Zeke would be guaranteed to do better than other picks in that range. 

He said improving odds, which is very different from a guarantee. Also it's not baseless. A team with 2 top 5 RB's has a better than average shot at winning the tournament. Every team should be hoping for that. Could everything go wrong along the way? Of course, it's fantasy football.