FFCollusion

Ezekiel Elliott 2017 Season Outlook

8 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

You already said this a few days ago and were wrong about it. It depends on the playoff settings and league format and in most leagues he's obviously a Top 50 player even with a 6 game suspension.

my GOD why didn't you quote the whole thing I wrote

here it is

I was a firm believer drafting Zeke under 50th was a death blow to your team

I had two-12 team drafts the last two nights. Both leagues are filled with quality owners.

I had the first pick in one and second in the other .... Zeke was taken 20th & 30th.

reading the last three pages ... it looks like I was wrong about Zeke ... I really wish I drafted Zeke in that one league where i had the chance instead I got myself Pryor & Gronk.

34 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

That's a pretty baseless assumption. 

Like I said, a few years ago Antonio Brown was going around where Zeke's discounted price fell, and he's been the best WR ever since. It's silly to think that Zeke would be guaranteed to do better than other picks in that range. 

You keep saying that but it's just not very compelling. Zeke is proven to be a top 5 player. A player taken at 23 is not, otherwise he'd be gone already. Just because AB turned into a top 5 player after being drafted 23rd doesn't mean that can be expected.

And I'm not guaranteeing anything. I'm just playing the odds and I believe that DJ/Bell gives a team enough of an advantage that they can afford to burn a bench spot on Zeke and then when he returns they will be very tough. From beginning to end I like that team's odds over a team that went DJ/Crowell for example. Sure, Crowell could turn into Zeke this season but odds are he won't.

I felt this way when it looked like Zeke was not going to be back until week 8. Now that the length of his suspension in doubt there is even more reason to like those odds.

1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

my GOD why didn't you quote the whole thing I wrote

here it is

I was a firm believer drafting Zeke under 50th was a death blow to your team

I had two-12 team drafts the last two nights. Both leagues are filled with quality owners.

I had the first pick in one and second in the other .... Zeke was taken 20th & 30th.

reading the last three pages ... it looks like I was wrong about Zeke ... I really wish I drafted Zeke in that one league where i had the chance instead I got myself Pryor & Gronk.

It looked like you were repeating yourself again, so I didn't see any reason to read the whole post. My mistake, I'm glad you came around.

34 minutes ago, stopmakingsense said:

He said improving odds, which is very different from a guarantee. Also it's not baseless. A team with 2 top 5 RB's has a better than average shot at winning the tournament. Every team should be hoping for that. Could everything go wrong along the way? Of course, it's fantasy football.

Creating "odds" that ignore or minimize the impact of a possible 6 game suspension is baseless at best and downright foolish at worst.

Edited by Fiveohnine

18 minutes ago, cothane said:

By far the best summation of the legalities I've read.  Spoiler alert: not super encouraging for Zeke owners. 

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/si/nfl/2017/09/01/ezekiel-elliott-suspension-sues-nfl-nflpa-lead-investigator-domestic-violence%3fsource=dam

Great article. Easily most informative thing posted here. 

Someone posted an ESPN link on here stating the E.D.Tex. had issued a TRO.  The link still exists but I'm not seeing that reported anywhere else.  Does anyone have any solid intel?

If not, I'm guessing ESPN got duped by reading a proposed order and thinking it had been entered?

7 minutes ago, Rainyy said:

Great article. Easily most informative thing posted here. 

But certainly for us non-legal types, not the most interesting of reads. 

Like most, I don't really care what are all the legal details and trying to sift through the mumble jumble.  Because frankly, a lot of it I don't quite understand and unless you are a lawyer, you'd probably have a hard time understanding as well too. I do care if he beat up a woman, because that speaks to character.  But I'm not his parent.  And it's not my job to tell him how to behave. I'm sure we've all rostered questionable character types on our fake teams before (how many of us held on to Josh Gordon praying to the fantasy deities?).    This is fantasy football and in these forums, all I care about is winning. 

12 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

If not, I'm guessing ESPN got duped by reading a proposed order and thinking it had been entered?

Yep. Exactly. 

I do however feel if someone beats up a woman they need suspended from the league to enter some sort of counseling and take time off to really understand the magnitude of that act.  I understand in the realm of sports sitting out games is a big deal but I don't personally feel it's that that bad when you're still getting millions and all the fame to go along with it.

You need a significant time out in your life to understand your place and the consequence, not 6 games on the sideline.  I believe if stronger punishments were handed out then maybe, just maybe we'd have one or two more guys "think" before they act, or at least leave an escalating situation to prevent this stuff from happening 

Edited by Savatage79

I'm confused did Henderson uphold the 6 game suspension and now they are seeking a TRO and preliminary injunction through the court system? I thought Henderson's decision wasn't until Monday?

Edited by dlionsfan901

5 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

Yep. Exactly. 

A good example of why you don't send a non-lawyer to report on a story like this.  Sad.

1 minute ago, KennyWoo said:

A good example of why you don't send a non-lawyer to report on a story like this.  Sad.

The article also stated that Zeke's 6 game ban was already upheld, too. Good ol ESPN.

2 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

For some reason, journalists really like "playing pretend" when it comes to the law. Hearing the hot takes is so cringy.

6 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

I'm confused did Henderson uphold the 6 game suspension and now they are seeking a TRO and preliminary injunction through the court systems? I thought Henderson's decision wasn't until Monday?

No, the Henderson decision is scheduled for next week. They filed the TRO in the meantime.

6 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

The article also stated that Zeke's 6 game ban was already upheld, too. Good ol ESPN.

I legitimately thought Henderson made his decision according to the article. Hence my previous post asking if a decision as already been made on appeal.  Horrible on ESPN's part to make an article vague like that.

Edited by dlionsfan901

4 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

That was a horrible article. I am actually a lawyer, albeit a new one, and the article is just horrible.  I legitimately thought Henderson made his decision according to the article. Hence my previous post asking if a decision as already been made on appeal. 

I was very confused about this article as well, But I knew if a decision like that had been made it would have been all over the various sports networks, and I saw it nowhere.

1 minute ago, The Caucasian Sensation said:

I was very confused about this article as well, But I knew if a decision like that had been made it would have been all over the various sports networks, and I saw it nowhere.

I just want this decision to be over with.  In my opinion I think the 6 game suspension will be upheld because of how quick they moved for the TRO. Just speculation on my end and nothing more. To counter that, it could be that Elliot's camp wants the suspension vacated entirely.  I guess we'll find out Monday.

3 minutes ago, jiamm14 said:

So where is he being drafted now??? Anyone have any experience to share?

I'd say very consistently in the 2nd round no matter 10 or 12 team.  Nobody has the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft coming back around on the snake is going to pass up Zeke.

5 minutes ago, jiamm14 said:

So where is he being drafted now??? Anyone have any experience to share?

Early to mid-2nd in 12 teamers.

1 hour ago, Fiveohnine said:

Creating "odds" that ignore or minimize the impact of a possible 6 game suspension is baseless at best and downright foolish at worst.

Baseless and downright foolish? That's not very nice mister!

So first I guaranteed that Elliot would be better than anyone picked in the 2nd round and then I created these "odds" (love the quotes you inserted by the way) that didn't account for a suspension. I didn't do either of those things but keep going after it.

Bottom line, I have Zeke in one league (late 3rd rounder when he was expected to miss 6 games) and missed out in an auction also when he was expected to miss 6 games. I have two more drafts coming up and if I'm picking in the 1-5 range I'm going to consider taking him either to pair with DJ/Bell or to deny someone else from having that pairing on the turn because it is terrifying and I know this because I saw it all last season. This is all under the impression that he will still be suspended 6 games. The chatter regarding a reduced suspension or none at all just pushes me a little bit closer.

I also factor in that every person who takes Zeke early will be hell bent on drafting McFadden or someone similar to bridge the gap and will be going hard on the WW each week. Their team may be compromised for up to 7 weeks but then they get real scary after that and personally I'd rather not have to deal with that team if I can help it.

Edited by TedStriker

1 hour ago, Savatage79 said:

I do however feel if someone beats up a woman they need suspended from the league to enter some sort of counseling and take time off to really understand the magnitude of that act.  I understand in the realm of sports sitting out games is a big deal but I don't personally feel it's that that bad when you're still getting millions and all the fame to go along with it.

You need a significant time out in your life to understand your place and the consequence, not 6 games on the sideline.  I believe if stronger punishments were handed out then maybe, just maybe we'd have one or two more guys "think" before they act, or at least leave an escalating situation to prevent this stuff from happening 

Agreed.

But there has to be proof that something actually happened. As far as I know, there is no concrete 'proof' except for some photos going around that doesn't prove anything.

Guilty until proven innocent.

Just now, Travis Burten said:

So is he getting suspended for 6 games or zero?

We won't know for another week.

Unfortunately.

23 minutes ago, lavaman said:

Agreed.

But there has to be proof that something actually happened. As far as I know, there is no concrete 'proof' except for some photos going around that doesn't prove anything.

Guilty until proven innocent.

Oh I agree just sayin when things are actually proven I don't believe missing a few games really teaches anyone anything.