FFCollusion

Ezekiel Elliott 2017 Season Outlook

I really would like to ask Goodell how someone who did some drugs like martavis seemingly was exiled for the last year and half... Yet someone who supposedly beat a woman gets 6 games, how does that even work? Again not saying elliot did or didn't, but it they feel he did that only merits 6 games... Makes no sense 

7 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

I really would like to ask Goodell how someone who did some drugs like martavis seemingly was exiled for the last year and half... Yet someone who supposedly beat a woman gets 6 games, how does that even work? Again not saying elliot did or didn't, but it they feel he did that only merits 6 games... Makes no sense 

Unless it gets "reduced", which is even more absurd.

Some guys compared him to Josh Gordon in this thread too. Really?

1 hour ago, Savatage79 said:

I mean domestic violence should be pretty black and white. Either you did it and you're gone from the NFL for good or you didn't and there is no suspension. These allegation based suspensions don't really make much sense to me especially when lead investigators say the didn't think he should be suspended.

The messed up thing was the ray rice handling, he full on beat his fiance and they didn't take it very seriously until there was video. He got 2 FREAKING GAMES LOL.

10 minutes ago, meekzy said:

I mean domestic violence should be pretty black and white. Either you did it and you're gone from the NFL for good or you didn't and there is no suspension. These allegation based suspensions don't really make much sense to me especially when lead investigators say the didn't think he should be suspended.

The messed up thing was the ray rice handling, he full on beat his fiance and they didn't take it very seriously until there was video. He got 2 FREAKING GAMES LOL.

you do know Ray Rice never played another game in the NFL ....

13 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

you do know Ray Rice never played another game in the NFL ....

Read my post again and realize I was talking about his punishment prior to the video surfacing.He was originally given a 2 game suspension.

25 minutes ago, meekzy said:

Read my post again and realize I was talking about his punishment prior to the video surfacing.He was originally given a 2 game suspension.

It's not an apples-to-apples comparison.  Rice's punishment took place before the NFL implemented the 6 game suspension policy for domestic violence.  

9 minutes ago, wekko368 said:

It's not an apples-to-apples comparison.  Rice's punishment took place before the NFL implemented the 6 game suspension policy for domestic violence.  

I'm not comparing the two i said it was poorly handled. Rice's situation was a large reason why the 6 game policy was implemented. Doesn't mean it wasn't poorly handled.

Edited by meekzy

Not the best look:

Everyone preoccupied with redraft value, but his dynasty value has gone from bedrock to negotiable pretty quickly.

27 minutes ago, irvnasty said:

Not the best look:

Everyone preoccupied with redraft value, but his dynasty value has gone from bedrock to negotiable pretty quickly.

22 years old, likes to party. Real shocker.

I understand that type of lifestyle is not always hand in hand with upstanding citizens, but let's be real... Partying and all that doesn't instantly mean someone is and will assault someone. It doesn't help his character but it absolutely shouldn't dictate this case. 

Actually, I smoked weed once never got a job ever again, I actually have to hang out in mcdonalds parking lots and order off the dollar menu using my panhandling money  just to get wifi

ezekiel-elliott-600x450.jpg?w=600&h=450Elliott's lawyers were merely "forum shopping" when they filed that lawsuit. This way they avoid the same appeals court that ruled against Tom Brady. 

https://www.google.com/amp/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/01/ezekiel-elliott-filed-suit-first-to-avoid-second-circuit/amp/

I say he must be innocent though. anyone who'd wear that get up can't possibly be a douchebag who hits women. 

Edited by Fiveohnine

1 hour ago, irvnasty said:

Not the best look:

His dynasty value is AMAZING wtf are you talking about lol.

3 hours ago, Savatage79 said:

Drugs are bad mkay? Weed is bad mkay?

1 hour ago, irvnasty said:

Not the best look:

If we suspended all the players that liked to party, do drugs and drink alcohol we'd have nothing to watch on Sunday.

I don't know why people are so convinced Zeke will be able to show either the irreparable harm or the likelihood of success on the merits required for the court to issue the TRO. First, the NFL's track record in these cases is exceptionally good (even though 2nd Circuit opinions aren't precedent in the ED of TX, the courts will look to case law in other jurisdictions when there's nothing directly on point). Second, and likely the explanation for the first point, the CBA is pretty clear in giving the NFL essentially unilateral control over player punishments for conduct. If the NFLPA thinks it's so unfair, they should have collectively bargained better. Finally, Zeke isn't going to suffer some immediate, unique harm if the court doesn't grant the TRO. If the case eventually resolves in his favor, Zeke can always recover the lost paychecks (with interest) as an award of damages. 

1 hour ago, Excellent117 said:

I don't know why people are so convinced Zeke will be able to show either the irreparable harm or the likelihood of success on the merits required for the court to issue the TRO. First, the NFL's track record in these cases is exceptionally good (even though 2nd Circuit opinions aren't precedent in the ED of TX, the courts will look to case law in other jurisdictions when there's nothing directly on point). Second, and likely the explanation for the first point, the CBA is pretty clear in giving the NFL essentially unilateral control over player punishments for conduct. If the NFLPA thinks it's so unfair, they should have collectively bargained better. Finally, Zeke isn't going to suffer some immediate, unique harm if the court doesn't grant the TRO. If the case eventually resolves in his favor, Zeke can always recover the lost paychecks (with interest) as an award of damages. 

you seem to know what you're talking about  - what do you see as the most likely outcome?

3 hours ago, Fiveohnine said:

ezekiel-elliott-600x450.jpg?w=600&h=450Elliott's lawyers were merely "forum shopping" when they filed that lawsuit. This way they avoid the same appeals court that ruled against Tom Brady. 

https://www.google.com/amp/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/01/ezekiel-elliott-filed-suit-first-to-avoid-second-circuit/amp/

I say he must be innocent though. anyone who'd wear that get up can't possibly be a douchebag who hits women. 

you're referencing that picture to argue that he ISN'T a douche bag?

8 hours ago, Excellent117 said:

Zeke can always recover the lost paychecks (with interest) as an award of damages. 

Well, he'll argue that missing six games with affect his legacy. That will cost him statistics, season awards, and may prevent his team from making the playoffs. He can point to the finite nature of the NFL career and the RB position in particular.  Receiving a suspension might also affect his future employability, wage potential, and public perception. Some of those can be captured in monetary damages beyond lost wages, but they're not easy to calculate. Others can't be. 

Still, as I have been saying for the last two weeks, irreparable harm and probability of success on the merits may give him trouble. More concerned about the latter, although some jurisdictions are more lax with that factor, provided the movant shows irreparable harm. 

Edited by Rainyy

So he went from top 3, to 2nd round, and now with the latest news coming out that is in somewhat favor of Zeke, where should he be drafted?

I already can see the champion in my league, drafting from the 9th spot. Odell falling and being drafted #9, and then Zeke falling to him in the 2nd round. ODB is 100% by next week and Zeke's suspension is lifted.

9 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

So he went from top 3, to 2nd round, and now with the latest news coming out that is in somewhat favor of Zeke, where should he be drafted?

I already can see the champion in my league, drafting from the 9th spot. Odell falling and being drafted #9, and then Zeke falling to him in the 2nd round. ODB is 100% by next week and Zeke's suspension is lifted.

Late 1st/ early 2nd

My girlfriend did a draft last night and got Zeke at 3.02, so there still seems to be people sleeping on the possibility that this suspension gets reduced.