FFCollusion

Ezekiel Elliott 2017 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

He went 7th in my league lol. But then again half the league are Cowboys fans and the other Eagles fans. With a Bengals fan sprinkled in. I didn't see him making it out of the 1st with all the Cowboys fans in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just draft guys to fill in, there's more WR talent later than RB's. Conclusion; if you want Zeke, just make sure your RB core is steady and your firstround pick is an elite WR. I have drafted Fournette, McCaffrey and Gore with him. Whereas, in the event that the suspension holds, I have multiple options for RB's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The one good thing about this appeal is that it's making a long labor day weekend seem even longer.  I just can't wait any longer to get the decision. 

 

I really feel like the 6 games is gonna stand. Tho there's no smoking gun there's just enough smoke that Henderson will probably defer to his best friend Goodells judgment.  I just want the decision to be put in already so we can learn if he plays week 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, warningtrackpower said:

 

I was comparing Bell's and Zeke's suspensions.

 

So the Steelers didn't have a bye last year? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rainyy said:

 

So the Steelers didn't have a bye last year? 

 

Bell's suspension was the first 3 games of the season and his bye week was week 8. The Cowboys' bye week is week six, and Elliot is not eligible to come back until week eight. 

 

I guess it doesnt make a difference, but it seemed more impactful because you won't get any production out of Elliot until the end of October.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got him the back of the second in a full ppr 2 wr 2 rb 1 flex and paired with Bell. 

 

Thats honestly probably good value considering 

 

1. The suspension will likely be reduced (6 games is generally for DV and there is no evidence of that here so it probably gets reduced to a personal conduct violation which is 2-3 games.) 

 

2. The suspension could be vacated entirely (unlikely but possible)

 

3. Any suspension might be delayed into next year (also likely given the track record of things) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, warningtrackpower said:

 

There is a big difference between 3 weeks and seven weeks (suspension plus a bye week). Having him is a great boost for the playoffs, but you need to have a plan to manage through the weeks where he gives you nothing.

 

That, of course, may be a moot point if the suspension is reduced, eliminated, or postponed.

He has his bye anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

could Zeke do another Tom Brady move? Take it to court get it delayed serve his suspension in 2018?

Yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

could Zeke do another Tom Brady move? Take it to court get it delayed serve his suspension in 2018?

 

Tom Brady didn't get his suspension "delayed."He WON in court. The process dragged on so long because the NFL appealed and eventually had that decision reversed. 

 

Literally the only way Elliott serves a suspension in 2018 instead of 2017, is if he wins in court and then the Fifth Circuit reverses the decision. 

 

Note, winning is different from a preliminary injunction or TRO, which are temporary measures. We wouldn't know whether Zeke wins for 2-3 months, in the event he decides to continue the case after his TRO is likely denied. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rainyy said:

 

Tom Brady didn't get his suspension "delayed."He WON in court. The process dragged on so long because the NFL appealed and eventually had that decision reversed. 

 

Literally the only way Elliott serves a suspension in 2018 instead of 2017, is if he wins in court and then the Fifth Circuit reverses the decision. 

 

Note, winning is different from a preliminary injunction or TRO, which are temporary measures. We wouldn't know whether Zeke wins for 2-3 months, in the event he decides to continue the case after his TRO is likely denied. 

 

Most judges will not issue a preliminary injunction or even hear a preliminary injunction if they do not issue a TRO first. It is easier to get a TRO than a preliminary injunction, so some judges will just reason that if they couldn't meet the lower standard of a TRO, by definition they can't get a preliminary injunction.

 

Of course if a TRO is issued the preliminary injunction could be denied.

 

Brady did not win in court. He lost, but he got the district court to issue an injunction to give the process long enough to play out to its merits. That is the primary scenario people are talking about here with regard to Elliott not having to serve it in 2017. That the injunction will issue and then everything will just be pushed over to next year if there's ever a suspension.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Brady did not win in court. He lost, but he got the district court to issue an injunction to give the process long enough to play out to its merits. 

 

This is incorrect. There was no injunction in the Brady case. The case was decided on September 3, before the season began, and an injunction was necessary.

 

http://www.businessinsider.com/tom-brady-injunction-deflategate-case-2015-8

 

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/09/03/key-excerpts-from-judge-berman-ruling-favor-tom-brady-his-deflategate-battle-with-nfl/otHrD9NxJsREqR2UYWW2kJ/story.html

 

Also, I am aware of the difference between a TRO and preliminary injunction. I merely pointed out those measures were different from having an award vacated and actually winning in court on the merits. 

Edited by Rainyy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rainyy said:

 

This is incorrect. There was no injunction in the Brady case. The case was decided on September 3, before the season began, and an injunction was necessary. 

You are right. My memory failed me. I should have checked the Berman order. I stand corrected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KennyWoo said:

You are right. My memory failed me. I should have checked the Berman order. I stand corrected.

 

No worries bro. The whole ordeal was and continues to be so poorly reported on, it's hard to get the facts straight. The media's lazy comparisons to the Brady case only exacerbate the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rainyy said:

 

No worries bro. The whole ordeal was and continues to be so poorly reported on, it's hard to get the facts straight. The media's lazy comparisons to the Brady case only exacerbate the problem.

 

What do you think happens? You seem to have a good grip on the legal stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are plenty of scenarios that allow Elliot to play the whole year, miss 2 or 4 games, but there is also the very real possibility he misses all 6 games in which case he isn't returning from an injury, he is returning fresh and ready to dominate. 

Assuming you are in a 10 team league where 6 teams make the playoffs you simply need to tread water for the first few weeks of the season and then got hot with Zeke and ride him in the playoffs. 

This is the craziest risk/reward scenario I have ever seen with a player in all my years of drafting and that goes back about 30 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really think the majority of league champs are going to have Zeke on their team as their second round choice. The biggest risk for Zeke owners is if he fights it for many weeks then sits out at the end which defeats the whole reason for picking him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dawgpound1985 said:

I really think the majority of league champs are going to have Zeke on their team as their second round choice. The biggest risk for Zeke owners is if he fights it for many weeks then sits out at the end which defeats the whole reason for picking him. 

Yeah it's really a strange situation. Never seen anything like it in Fantasy. I drafted about as good as I can to prepare for a long absence. Have another draft tonight. 4th pick. I won't hesitate again because the league rules are much more lax.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dawgpound1985 said:

I really think the majority of league champs are going to have Zeke on their team as their second round choice. The biggest risk for Zeke owners is if he fights it for many weeks then sits out at the end which defeats the whole reason for picking him. 

What I don't understand is IF, the six week suspension stands and Zeke does return in week 8, owners will be saying hallelujah like it's a given they will make the playoffs in their league.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, theSPANKER said:

What I don't understand is IF, the six week suspension stands and Zeke does return in week 8, owners will be saying hallelujah like it's a given they will make the playoffs in their league.

 

 

I think just about everyone drafting zeke understands that they will  need some luck/good drafting to offset losing Zeke for 6 weeks. But teams lose 1st round/2nd round picks for a few weeks every year and manage to sneak into the playoffs. It's clearly a big risk/reward situation. In my first draft league, I passed on Zeke at the 10/11 spots in my 10 team league. That was before we starting hearing some of the evidence or lack thereof and potential year long appeals process depending on how this plays out. 

In my auction league I kept Zeke at a pretty high price with the thought process of:

1- He may get suspension reversed

2- He may get suspension reduced

3- He  may appeal and get the suspension pushed over to next year

4- Even if he is suspended 6 games this year, he isn't coming back off an injury (like some are treating it). He is coming back healthier than all the players on the field and capable of exploding and if I tread water for first few weeks, I can sneak into the playoffs (all my leagues have 6 teams make the playoffs). 

 

It could totally backfire and as of now I am likely only getting Zeke in one of my 3 leagues so I am not ALL-IN on him. But it's like playing DFS tournaments. Sometimes  you have to roll the dice to win it all. 

Edited by wideopen21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wideopen21 said:

 

I think just about everyone drafting zeke understands that they will  need some luck/good drafting to offset losing Zeke for 6 weeks. But teams lose 1st round/2nd round picks for a few weeks every year and manage to sneak into the playoffs. It's clearly a big risk/reward situation. In my first draft league, I passed on Zeke at the 10/11 spots in my 10 team league. That was before we starting hearing some of the evidence or lack thereof and potential year long appeals process depending on how this plays out. 

In my auction league I kept Zeke at a pretty high price with the thought process of:

 

?

Are you Okay?

 

YeZpij_zpsdbqxxmrg.gif

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, theSPANKER said:

?

Are you Okay?

 

YeZpij_zpsdbqxxmrg.gif

 

 

LOL, while you were finding that GIF I finished off my post after I accidentally replied. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wideopen21 said:

LOL, while you were finding that GIF I finished off my post after I accidentally replied. 

You don't have to be embarrassed.  We all know that's what really happened to you.  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bottom line, what's the earliest you're willing to draft Zeke? Will there be enough clarity tomorrow to vault him back to a top 3 pick? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.