FFCollusion

Ezekiel Elliott 2017 Season Outlook

11 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Schefter reporting running will not come out today.

This waiting is hell.

I do believe that if no ruling comes tomorrow, he will play on Sunday.  Thought I heard something about the league week and players being eligible to play while their suspensions are in the appeals process.

I couldn't wait for news this past weekend but now I'm hoping it's delayed just a bit further.  

TL:DR of this entire thread.

Can't blame Goodell when the NFLPA signed the worst CBA in history.  The CBA allows Goodell these powers based on little more than his own discretion.

Zeke will, more probably than not, be suspended at some point.  Because of precedence it's also more probable than not it will be this season.

Like Marty and Irvnasty said a few pages ago... this is fantastic posturing that the NFL is setting up for the next CBA.  You may say it makes Goodell look like an a** but in reality it makes him look like a genius as long as it doesn't tank the ratings.

Best we can realistically hope for is an arbitrary reduction in the number of games by Henderson.

11 hours ago, Dawgpound1985 said:

Zeke will not get out of this suspension, maybe reduced, maybe delayed but he'll sit. I pick 2nd overall but if you don't take him in round 2 I think your foolish. People say "good luck making the playoffs at 0-6'. That's just stupid. It's not like you are taking a zero those weeks. There's plenty of guys you can plug in and I have no idea why McFadden won't do just fine. Just grab a Hunt or worse case Powell and you'll do fine. 

Yeah. But if/when the suspension is upheld, for the first 6 weeks of matchups (where the draft matters most) it's EXACTLY the same as BEING SKIPPED in your draft during the FIRST ROUND. 

This is why in my mind you can't take him anywhere near where he's going right now  

I mean maybe you don't have to wait until Carlos Hyde range like I would. But 1st/2nd round just can't reasonably be justified  

That is seriously gimping your team anyway you look at it. It's amazing to me that so many in thread are in denial of that. 

3 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

Yeah. But if/when the suspension is upheld, for the first 6 weeks of matchups (where the draft matters most) it's EXACTLY the same as BEING SKIPPED in your draft during the FIRST ROUND. 

This is why in my mind you can't take him anywhere near where he's going right now  

I mean maybe you don't have to wait until Carlos Hyde range like I would. But 1st/2nd round just can't reasonably be justified  

That is seriously gimping your team anyway you look at it. It's amazing to me that so many in thread are in denial of that. 

i mean its not like you have a0 in that spot for six weeks. 2-3 turn, he's worth the investment.

Edited by Sizzlebshu

7 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

It depends on your league imo. My 10-team league has 6 playoffs spots, 4 loser bowl spots. I'm so certain of making the play offs (a 6-7 record could make it). I will win at least 2 games if he's suspended for 6. If only 4 teams would go to the play offs I wouldn't draft him 2nd or early 3rd.

And as I said earlier, If you take him prepare for the worst (the full 6 games suspended + 1 bye week). Just draft two RB's 3rd and 4th and you're set.

Edited by the holy one

Just now, Sizzlebshu said:

i mean its not like you have a0 in that spot for six weeks. 

?

Where did I say that? I said it's EXACTLY the same as BEING SKIPPED in the FIRST ROUND of the draft for the first 6 matchups. 

Thats the reality of what you're sacrificing to pick this guy over any of the other very good 1st/2nd round options. 

3 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

?

Where did I say that? I said it's EXACTLY the same as BEING SKIPPED in the FIRST ROUND of the draft for the first 6 matchups. 

Thats the reality of what you're sacrificing to pick this guy over any of the other very good 1st/2nd round options. 

Yeah but the thing is, he is heads and shoulders above some of those options especially in the back of the second. 

You are saying youre hamstringing yourself for the initial six weeks, but as I pointed out that may not be true for several reasons including the fact that you can draft DMC to hold out. And that's not a wasted pick because DMC has shown he can play at a high level. No different than Bell/D-Will except for a longer period. 

Better argument not to take in the first, but it depends on who is there.

Edited by Sizzlebshu

3 minutes ago, the holy one said:

It depends on your league imo. My 10-team league has 6 playoffs spots, 4 loser bowl spots. I'm so certain of making the play offs (a 6-7 record could make it). I will win at least 2 games if he's suspended for 6. If only 4 teams would go to the play offs I wouldn't draft him 2nd or early 3rd.

That's my thinking as well. It's still risky but all you need to do is sneak into your leagues playoffs and you have Zeke, well rested and angry.

Of course many taking Zeke well miss the playoffs if his suspension stays at 6 but that's roto. If you're risk averse then taking Zeke anywhere in the top 4 rounds probably isn't for you. But some of us are gamblers willing to roll the dice. 

4 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

That's my thinking as well. It's still risky but all you need to do is sneak into your leagues playoffs and you have Zeke, well rested and angry.

Of course many taking Zeke well miss the playoffs if his suspension stays at 6 but that's roto. If you're risk averse then taking Zeke anywhere in the top 4 rounds probably isn't for you. But some of us are gamblers willing to roll the dice. 

Taking Zeke in the first 4 rounds isn't risky. That is common sense. 

Taking Zeke in the first 4 picks, now that is risky. 

A risk averse person that wanted to win their league would take Zeke long before round 4.

Everybody is just rehashing the exact same draft strategies and thinking that has been discussed ad nauseum over countless pages. Everybody understands what drafting him means.

Gamble iif you want, and the reward could be high.

If you're skittish and conservative, then let somebody else take that risk.

Either way, somebody is going to look very smart here.

i suggest this thread needs to be shut down until the news breaks.

43 minutes ago, Gabbed said:

TL:DR of this entire thread.

Can't blame Goodell when the NFLPA signed the worst CBA in history.  The CBA allows Goodell these powers based on little more than his own discretion.

Zeke will, more probably than not, be suspended at some point.  Because of precedence it's also more probable than not it will be this season.

Like Marty and Irvnasty said a few pages ago... this is fantastic posturing that the NFL is setting up for the next CBA.  You may say it makes Goodell look like an a** but in reality it makes him look like a genius as long as it doesn't tank the ratings.

Best we can realistically hope for is an arbitrary reduction in the number of games by Henderson.

The NFLPA signed a great CBA. It netted the players more money and safety. Just because a few players out of the 1000+ get hit with suspensions or fines every season doesn't mean every player is suffering. Most of the players in the league are going about their jobs professionally without issue. Given a mulligan the players would sign the same deal.

6 minutes ago, CooL said:

i suggest this thread needs to be shut down until the news breaks.

Why? The internet isn't going to break because of a few additional pages of posts on this thread. Plenty of room for that. 

If someone doesn't want to see this thread continually added on to or follow it, don't open it up and read it if it bothers you so much. If there is still interest in discussing the current issues and drafting strategy, who is anyone to say people should no longer discuss it? It is on topic. No one is being rude or going against TOS. Those who are offended and want it shut down, should just not open the thread.

1 minute ago, burninglegs said:

Why? The internet isn't going to break because of a few additional pages of posts on this thread. Plenty of room for that. 

If someone doesn't want to see this thread continually added on to or follow it, don't open it up and read it if it bothers you so much. If there is still interest in discussing the current issues and drafting strategy, who is anyone to say people should no longer discuss it? It is on topic. No one is being rude or going against TOS. Those who are offended and want it shut down, should just not open the thread.

Yeah, and by the time the Mods are able to open it back up the news is already out and known by a majority of fantasy players. Definately leave it open, it will be fun around here once the news does break.

1 minute ago, burninglegs said:

Easy partner, it's just an expression.Yes, I know that the discussion here is meaningful and on point and not just a bunch of memes and personal arguing with Axe Elf like what was happening in the Josh Gordon thread.

It's just that essentially nobody knows anything and it's just pages and pages of speculation.  And reading the same reasons for drafting or not drafting him is tiring.  Which is fine.  Certainly none of us are compelled to open this thread, but as Zeke owners each time it pops up, I'm interested to see.  Some posters here are very dialed in to all the social media reports which I'm not, so I'm always looking to see if there is any confirmed insight from some of the Cowboys and NFL officials.  That's all.

25 minutes ago, Sizzlebshu said:

Yeah but the thing is, he is heads and shoulders above some of those options especially in the back of the second. 

You are saying youre hamstringing yourself for the initial six weeks, but as I pointed out that may not be true for several reasons including the fact that you can draft DMC to hold out. And that's not a wasted pick because DMC has shown he can play at a high level. No different than Bell/D-Will except for a longer period. 

Better argument not to take in the first, but it depends on who is there.

It's been a long time since McFadden played at a high level.  We don't even know if he's JAG at this point.  Nor do we know if he'll be the alpha dog or lose some carries to Morris/Smith.  He might be a solid RB2 for six weeks.  Or this could turn into an ugly situation where you are drafting Elliott in the early second and then having to roster two or three more guys as you guess your way to filling the hole you "had" to take because it was "value."  The Elliott strategy can work but it is very, very risky.

23 minutes ago, CooL said:

Easy partner, it's just an expression.Yes, I know that the discussion here is meaningful and on point and not just a bunch of memes and personal arguing with Axe Elf like what was happening in the Josh Gordon thread.

It's just that essentially nobody knows anything and it's just pages and pages of speculation.  And reading the same reasons for drafting or not drafting him is tiring.  Which is fine.  Certainly none of us are compelled to open this thread, but as Zeke owners each time it pops up, I'm interested to see.  Some posters here are very dialed in to all the social media reports which I'm not, so I'm always looking to see if there is any confirmed insight from some of the Cowboys and NFL officials.  That's all.

no reason you should be blaming Axe Elf ...  man up mr @CooL

2 hours ago, furbz420 said:

Thank you for this incredibly insightful and informative post. I'm glad you actually contributed to the discussion as opposed to just wildly speculating and providing no reasoning or rationale for your speculation. 

Loosen up buddy :) we are all talking in circles here I'm just trying to lightheartedly send some good vibes his way.

Just now, Ffguy0087 said:

Loosen up buddy :) we are all talking in circles here I'm just trying to lightheartedly send some good vibes his way.

were you the guy who had the 4th pick and we were talking about Zeke

if so shoot me a pm and tell me if you drafted him at 4

I'm not an owner. But it's worth monitoring. A lot of FF teams are relying on McFadden (even non Zeke owners) to start the season at an already thin class of RBs. 

If Zeke can play....it may be worth trading one of your RBs  (if your deep) to the McFadden owner and getting very good compensation in return. 

Edited by Tenner

For those annoyed about this thread and waiting for the ruling Tuesday to finally end things, you should realize that unless a miracle happens and the suspension is overturned or the sides come to an agreement (reduced suspension in exchange for no appeal) this situation will only get more complicated when this goes to the courts. 

19 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

this situation will only get more complicated when this goes to the courts. 

Not if the TRO gets denied. If the TRO is denied, which we should know this week, then he will basically serve out his sentence. There would only be a slim chance the case would be decided before he finished serving all 6 games. 

If the TRO is granted, that's when things get murky. Then you're looking at the possibility that Zeke serves a 6 game suspension in the later portion of the season.