FFCollusion

Ezekiel Elliott 2017 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, KennyWoo said:

It's been a long time since McFadden played at a high level.  We don't even know if he's JAG at this point.  Nor do we know if he'll be the alpha dog or lose some carries to Morris/Smith.  He might be a solid RB2 for six weeks.  Or this could turn into an ugly situation where you are drafting Elliott in the early second and then having to roster two or three more guys as you guess your way to filling the hole you "had" to take because it was "value."  The Elliott strategy can work but it is very, very risky.

Mcfadden is still playing behind one of the best lines in football. Even if he is a JAG, he is still going to have a large workload in that scenario. I don't think he's any worse than D-Will respectively who was an RB1 more weeks than not when he filled in for Bell. 

As for the alpha dog, I think the pre-season pretty much confirmed he is and by a wide margin given the amount of run he got and the amount of run every other back got. If you have some kind of contrary indication to back up your assertion, I'm all ears. But given what we know at the moment, it seems like this is reach to bolster your argument that Elliott is a risk 

Again, this is a risk tolerance opinion so there's nothing to really argue, but I don't think taking Zeke is all that risky especially around the 2-3 turn. 

Edited by Sizzlebshu

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/04/joe-lockhart-chides-nflpa-for-its-ezekiel-elliott-defense-strategy/amp/

Interesting article. 

The NFL did not include any comment on mitigating circumstances in its report. Mitigating circumstances are what brought Josh Brown's suspension down from 6 to 1.  Thompson's comments about ruining Elliott, her lying, her own violence, etc. could all be mitigating circumstances that might have reduced his original suspension. Again though, key point of the article, Goodell/NFL did not consider mitigating circumstances at all when levying the original 6 game suspension. 

I'm other words, here is more evidence that the NFL was arbitrary and capricious in suspending Elliott for 6 games, and it did not follow internal procedure or precedent completely. 

Just another factor leaning towards a reduction. 

I still say it falls to 3 or 4 games,  starting in Week 1.

9 minutes ago, NBatum88 said:

Drafting in one hour... hopefully get some updates 

probably won't be until wednesday would be my guess. seems like they like making it all dramatic. 

12 minutes ago, NBatum88 said:

Drafting in one hour... hopefully get some updates 

let him fall to you in the second rd (provided you are between picks 13-17 in the second) - if you are any further down the chain i doubt you see him.

8 minutes ago, cdd10 said:

probably won't be until wednesday would be my guess. seems like they like making it all dramatic. 

It's been nothing but dramatic.

5 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

Josh Brown essentially got booted out of the league while still being a tier kicker with likely multiple million + dollar seasons on the horizon.  I highly doubt he's laughing at anything.  

Yeah maybe bad choice of words on my part, but why did Brown only get one game and Elliot a potential six? Brown admitted to abusing his wife mentally and physically over YEARS. He was arrested. There is no Zeke evidence that has a leg to stand on or he would've been arrested. This is just hypocritical actions by Goodell. BTW, I agree on where there is smoke there is fire. If you beat on a woman then you are a low life piece of crap.

Profootballtalk.com reports NFL arbitrator Harold Henderson will not make a ruling on Ezekiel Elliott's six-game suspension on Monday.

It's a big disappointment, as reports had the Cowboys and the NFL Players Association "pushing" Henderson for a decision by tonight. Regardless, the Cowboys announced Monday that Zeke will practice on Tuesday with the team in preparation of playing on Sunday Night Football against the Giants. As of Monday afternoon, we still consider Elliott better than 50:50 to be out there Week 1.

Sep 4 - 5:01 PM

Given that it is 5 pm eastern and a holiday and no news yet, I don't think this surprises any of us.

Disappointing only to us in that we have to wait another week.  I'm imagining all of us owners already have fallback options.  But sure would look sweet to see those 20 projected points in my starting week 1 lineup!

20 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

which round?  how many teams in the league? which pick did you have? 

i've seen him going 12-15.

I think ppl overthink the riskiness of drafting Zeke. 

As long as you get McFadden and other good fillers, it's not really a big deal.

11 minutes ago, Jason123 said:

What round is a good idea to get McFadden?

if the news comes out that the suspension will be trimmed to 3/4 games, then DMac can be had in the k/dst tiers ... no one's gonna have any need for a few week's rental, outside of the Zeke owner.   DMac is serviceable, but he's not about to put up top 3 #s like DWill did in Bell's absence. 

now, if the suspension stands at six games, then DMac creeps up a few more rounds .... folks who went zero rb could use that "serviceable" first half of the ff reg. season.  

or you could have a dbag nemesis in your league who snipes him just to bust your balls.  all's fair in the magick foosball gig, amirite?

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

3 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

no one's gonna have any need for a few week's rental, outside of the Zeke owner.   DMac is serviceable, but he's not about to put up top 3 #s like DWill did in Bell's absence.

Lest we forget...

I'll just bold it for you.

REGULAR SEASON GAMES RUSHING RECEIVING FUMBLES
WK Game Date Opp Result G GS Att Yds Avg Lng TD Rec Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost
1 09/13 videoicon.gif NYG W   27-26 1 0 6 16 2.7 8 0 1 19 19.0 19 0 -- --

2 09/20 videoicon.gif @ PHI W   20-10 1 0 10 31 3.1 9 0 2 21 10.5 14 0 -- --

3 09/27 videoicon.gif ATL L   28-39 1 0 6 35 5.8 10 1 -- -- -- -- -- -- --

4 10/04 videoicon.gif @ NO L   20-26 1 0 10 31 3.1 14 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --

5 10/11 videoicon.gif NE L   6-30 1 0 5 16 3.2 7 0 9 62 6.9 12 0 -- --

6 Bye   -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

7 10/25 videoicon.gif @ NYG L   20-27 1 0 29 152 5.2 22 1 2 10 5.0 9 0 -- --

8 11/01 videoicon.gif SEA L   12-13 1 1 20 64 3.2 12 0 6 49 8.2 11 0 -- --

9 11/08 videoicon.gif PHI L   27-33 1 1 27 117 4.3 17 0 1 5 5.0 5 0 -- --

10 11/15 videoicon.gif @ TB L   6-10 1 1 17 32 1.9 7 0 3 26 8.7 11 0 -- --

11 11/22 videoicon.gif @ MIA W   24-14 1 1 29 129 4.4 35 0 3 20 6.7 9 0 -- --

12 11/26 videoicon.gif CAR L   14-33 1 1 10 11 1.1 8 0 4 45 11.3 21 0 -- --

13 12/07 videoicon.gif @ WAS W   19-16 1 1 14 53 3.8 9 1 1 6 6.0 6 0 2 2

14 12/13 videoicon.gif @ GB L   7-28 1 1 9 111 12.3 50 0 0 0 -- -- 0 -- --

15 12/19 videoicon.gif NYJ L   16-19 1 1 16 100 6.3 33 0 2 13 6.5 8 0 -- --

16 12/27 videoicon.gif @ BUF L   6-16 1 1 19 99 5.2 28 0 1 -1 -1.0 -1 0 -- --

17 01/03 videoicon.gif WAS L   23-34 1 1 12 92 7.7 30 0 5 53 10.6 17 0 1 1

7 minutes ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

Can't wait to pair Elliott with Freeman in my ppr league. STUDLY RB core.

I hope that's not true. Because that's exactly what you may be doing. Waiting. And waiting. Maybe half the fantasy regular season. 

The NFL is railroading Elliott. They have zero proof and statements from the alleged victim who was deemed unreliable by an NFL investigator. Goodell really shat himself on this one. 

9 minutes ago, pikerbkb said:

The NFL is railroading Elliott. They have zero proof and statements from the alleged victim who was deemed unreliable by an NFL investigator. Goodell really shat himself on this one. 

Personally I think he hit her. Although I probably don't feel as sorry for her as I should, since I think she baited him and trapped him. 

Still I guess that shouldn't matter. 

So much misinformation out there regarding this case. It's looking like the NFL did a terrible job conducting their investigation - so many errors and omissions. Aside from whether he did it, it definitely seems like he didnt get a fair shake in NFL court.

2 hours ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

Yeah maybe bad choice of words on my part, but why did Brown only get one game and Elliot a potential six? Brown admitted to abusing his wife mentally and physically over YEARS. He was arrested. There is no Zeke evidence that has a leg to stand on or he would've been arrested. This is just hypocritical actions by Goodell. BTW, I agree on where there is smoke there is fire. If you beat on a woman then you are a low life piece of crap.

Because current NFL policy was implemented after the Brown incident. Elliot is under the current NFL policy on DV.

15 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

Personally I think he hit her. Although I probably don't feel as sorry for her as I should, since I think she baited him and trapped him. 

Still I guess that shouldn't matter. 

Well of course he hit her lol

Due to the large number of CSB posts and the lack of any new information on the Zeke case, we are locking the thread for the time being.  Everything relevant has been discussed to death.  We will unlock the thread when more information becomes available.  If you believe there has been a development and the thread is still locked, PM any of the moderators.

If you are unable to contain where drafted Zeke and who you paired him with on your team, please use the thread below. 

Good news for those who let Zeke slip I guess lol. Sucks for anyone that took him in the first 3 rounds.  Yikes.