Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mattygrabbs

Keeper League

I have never been in a keeper league before and looking into getting into one. For the last half of the year or whatever. Anybody intersted in starting one up? just wondering

I also am interested in a keeper league, but most of sites i have seen would be pay leagues. And I am very leery of pay leagues with people i dont know. Just my opinion.

I agree. Do you know if Yahoo, has a keeper league or something? I really would like to try this...let me know

Keeper leagues are established by owners in the league. Basically the best way to keep up with keeper leagues is to designate how many keepers you will have.....3, 4, 5....etc., get a yahoo group and have all the owners get in the group and load all rosters in the group then set a date in the next season when people declare their keepers. The leagues I am in do it like this....pre rank your set # of keepers to the first picks of a live draft then remove the other teams kept players from the draftable listing. The first few picks you make will be your keepers and so on through the keeper rds. The commish would need to fix draft order to where the last place team gets 1st pick in the first reg rd after the keeper rds. Or if you do an offline draft you just declare keepers and then conduct the offline draft. Its not that difficult, but yahoo doesnt have declared "keeper leagues".

I have always wanted to be in one too but like you said, most of them are pay leagues. Yahoo does not have keeper league. I would love to join if someone gets one started.

I am only in keeper leagues now. The ones I am in are free and quite detailed. With winter meetings, minor league drafts, free agency, salary caps, actual player contracts etc, it runs year round. It is only for the serious fan. I took an expansion team this year to get into it and also joined both their Roto and H2H league. It is as close to being a real GM as I can imagine because your decisions impact on your team more than in typical fun leagues. If you are interested you can view the league at our website www.sportscene.org/baseballchallenge If you think you would be interested in getting involved you can email our commissioner at ubccommish2006@yahoo.com He does not have a team in the league at the present time and league rules prohibit the commissioner from operating a team. He was in the league for 3 or 4 years now he just runs our drafts, free agency and makes sure the league rules are enforced. It is a great setup but it wont be for a casual fan. Takes alot of dedication and patience in building a team and staying positive through a string of injuries.

We do one through Yahoo, and it really isn't a problem. Their free leagues aren't really set up for it, but it can be done. I could set one up if we can get enough interest to draft tomorrow night or at least real soon.

Yahoo League

ID:336657

Password: rotoworld

I set the draft up for next Monday, but it's negotaible. The earliest it can be is Wednesday. The mid-season leagues don't start scoring until the 18th of June, so there's no hurry.

It's set up as a 5X5 league, with 10 teams. But I can change things, just leave input on the message board.

We can also vote on the number of keepers, we'll have to figure that out before the draft.

Nope. we Got spots there. come on in, the water is warm....ha ha

Cool. I will be able to sing up during lunch when I go home. Thanks

Doubt we are putting stakes on the league, as it was never discussed.

I prefer to play without money, as I only put my money on things I can control.

Just my opinion.

What happened to the league?

I was in it and now it has disappeared.

Are we no longer doing the league?

We were supposed to draft tonight.

Anybody that was in this keeper league..Have you guys got kicked out and or cant not access the league anymore? I know there were a few you guys that use this forum regular...cant remember any names tho.