theSPANKER

Adam Thielen 2017 Season Outlook

Set it and forget it for me. Late round steal. Of course down games will happen but this offense runs through him

6 hours ago, lolcopter said:

Set it and forget it for me. Late round steal. Of course down games will happen but this offense runs through him

He's set it and forget it for sure. But the offense does not run through him. Its an equal opportunity offense. Bradford is finally showing why he was once the #1 overall pick in the draft.

3 hours ago, erick2008e said:

Stud! It's just one game but with Diggs stealing looks & Cooks there he'll have plenty of open looks.

Who are you,  Dr suess?? 

I like Thielen.

Love Cook and Diggs.

But...

Didn't Bradford do this last year? Huge game 1, then meh?

Line did look better, pass protection wise

The dude saved my week that's for sure. Hoping he can really keep up the pace throughout the season. 

After such a big game last week and high amount of targets you think he'd be ranked lower for week 2... nope. He's ranked in the mid 20s to 30s. The disrespect is real. 

10 hours ago, SadFaceHappy said:

I like Thielen.

Love Cook and Diggs.

But...

Didn't Bradford do this last year? Huge game 1, then meh?

Line did look better, pass protection wise

Cook is true difference maker here.  If they have a threat of a real run game (which they didn't have last year), it could totally transform the offense.

Edited by herschel

really people have no respect for this guy.  He just confirmed to be in the slot a lot more this season, means a lot more opportunity.  He'll probably have 90+ catches 1300+ yards and a couple TD, gold in full/half point ppr league.   And dude does not drop passes and bradford trust him.  When bradford throws to him, his QB rating is over 120+

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-using-receiver-adam-thielen-in-the-slot-for-greater-versatility/441564073/

On 9/12/2017 at 7:39 PM, Wrighty said:

Guy in my league wants to trade me Thielan and T West for Jordan Howard, should i do it? 

Thinking about trading for Thielan. Howard for him. I just feel like he can replicate Week 1 week in and out. 

On 9/12/2017 at 7:03 PM, dabeesta17 said:

He's set it and forget it for sure. But the offense does not run through him. Its an equal opportunity offense. Bradford is finally showing why he was once the #1 overall pick in the draft.

If Bradford is showing why he was once the #1 overall pick, Alex Smith is also showing why he was the #1 overall pick

22 hours ago, kira said:

really people have no respect for this guy.  He just confirmed to be in the slot a lot more this season, means a lot more opportunity.  He'll probably have 90+ catches 1300+ yards and a couple TD, gold in full/half point ppr league.   And dude does not drop passes and bradford trust him.  When bradford throws to him, his QB rating is over 120+

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-using-receiver-adam-thielen-in-the-slot-for-greater-versatility/441564073/

1300 yards is a bit optimistic but it would be awesome to see it

How is everyone feeling starting him this week? I am feeling pretty confident to use him as a WR2 this week. They are traveling to Pitt, where the Steelers have continuously put up pts. I have a feeling this has sneaky upside to a shootout type of game.

22 hours ago, kira said:

So you think he will end as a top 10 WR? 

22 hours ago, CharlieWhitehurst said:

Sold him high. 

Traded Thielen/Cj Anderson, Cousins for  G. Tate, TJ Watt, Rivers

.5 PPR dynasty IDP league. 

I don't get why people sell off productive players lol but to each their own 

any concerns with william gay covering him this week?  just read this bit on the game:

The toughest matchup here goes to the slot receiver, as William Gay is one of the better slot corners in the game. In Week 1, Thielen drew the slot role nearly 75 percent of the time, meaning Diggs is the wide receiver you want to target this week. He’ll see a lot of Haden who was just destroyed by the Browns receivers for seven catches and 109 yards on 10 targets in coverage. Whether Diggs lines up at RWR or LWR, he’ll get either Haden or Artie Burns, who is also a below-average NFL starting cornerback. Diggs is teetering on WR1 status again this week. You don’t have to avoid Thielen, but consider him a WR3 this week. 

3 minutes ago, herschel said:

any concerns with william gay covering him this week?  just read this bit on the game:

The toughest matchup here goes to the slot receiver, as William Gay is one of the better slot corners in the game. In Week 1, Thielen drew the slot role nearly 75 percent of the time, meaning Diggs is the wide receiver you want to target this week. He’ll see a lot of Haden who was just destroyed by the Browns receivers for seven catches and 109 yards on 10 targets in coverage. Whether Diggs lines up at RWR or LWR, he’ll get either Haden or Artie Burns, who is also a below-average NFL starting cornerback. Diggs is teetering on WR1 status again this week. You don’t have to avoid Thielen, but consider him a WR3 this week. 

Of course he's a must start, but don't get upset if he posts 4-40 this week (which he is capable of doing at any given week.) There's a definite downgrade in going on the road against an ascending Steelers defense.

I think this game is going to be lower scoring than people think.

2 hours ago, Cdub2k said:

If Bradford is showing why he was once the #1 overall pick, Alex Smith is also showing why he was the #1 overall pick

Don't mean to poop on everyone's parade but...

Sam Bradford will be 30 in a month and is in his 8th NFL season

Alex Smith is 33 and is in his 13th NFL season

Both have shown flashes in the past but have one thing in common:  They are and will continue to be below average NFL starting QB's.  If you think that the magic light is going to all of a sudden come on and perform as a high-end first round pick you're fooling yourself.

2 minutes ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

Don't mean to poop on everyone's parade but...

Sam Bradford will be 30 in a month and is in his 8th NFL season

Alex Smith is 33 and is in his 13th NFL season

Both have shown flashes in the past but have one thing in common:  They are and will continue to be below average NFL starting QB's.  If you think that the magic light is going to all of a sudden come on and perform as a high-end first round pick you're fooling yourself.

And Brady is 40, your point?

2 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

And Brady is 40, your point?

My point?  Do you really need clarification on why what you just posted makes zero sense in regard to the discussion point you quoted?  

Note:  My point CERTAINLY has nothing to do with Tom Brady's age.

1 minute ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

My point?  Do you really need clarification on why what you just posted makes zero sense in regard to the discussion point you quoted?  

Note:  My point CERTAINLY has nothing to do with Tom Brady's age.

No s---, but your pointing out ages in both bradford alex smith, why?? 

What does alex smith have to do with anything then??