Lord_Varys

Sammy Watkins 2017 Outlook

4 hours ago, joshua18 said:

With Watkins being Garrappolo's WR1 for the next 5-8 years, they can then use their top-5 pick to bolster the defense or just draft Barkley. High upside young offense. 

The point is that Watkins will get paid next year and the Rams have only so much cap room given their other integral players they haven't paid yet. 

That was my point exactly... we actually do have the money to lock him up long term by not keeping some players on the books for next year.

We've already talked about franchising him.

Edited by ponza88

3 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

The Rams don’t even really use this guy. Sad

There was definitely a bit of an adjustment period at the start of the season, but he has 4 TDs in his last 5 games. Not really fair to say they don't use him.

7 minutes ago, smeeze said:

There was definitely a bit of an adjustment period at the start of the season, but he has 4 TDs in his last 5 games. Not really fair to say they don't use him.

They don't use him properly or enough. How about some of those screens to Austin going to Watkins. Then there's the obvious of taking more deep shots.

25 minutes ago, smeeze said:

The targets and yards are abysmal. He’s getting lucky touchdowns which are saving him from being putrid. Who would think Watkins would not be the number one receiver on a team with a white dude, Tavon Austin, and Woods. Hell, he’s not even the number one with Woods out. So I think it’s definitely fair to say they don’t really use him.

Edited by hangin n wangin

Over the past three weeks, Watkins has seen 17 targets to Kupp’s 24.  Over that same span, Kupp has been targeted just once more than Watkins in the RZ.  No other receiver is even worth mentioning.

I’d say that constitutes “real” use.

1 hour ago, BMcP said:

Over the past three weeks, Watkins has seen 17 targets to Kupp’s 24.  Over that same span, Kupp has been targeted just once more than Watkins in the RZ.  No other receiver is even worth mentioning.

I’d say that constitutes “real” use.

And Kupp fumbled in the RZ that one time. He's a bum, the fact that he's getting more targets than Watkins means Goff is just a coward that is so risk averse to the point of being absurd he won't throw to Sammy. This is the last week you can really use him, he goes back to being worthless when Woods comes back.

1 hour ago, Vinny808 said:

Will Sammy score a td against Philly?

Who will cover him, Darby?

Watkins is bigger should be able to body him out but  yeah depends if Goff throws to him.

3 minutes ago, quaglinoman said:

Being I see this as Rams will be playing from behind, Watkins is very fast, and he catches balls over his head bling folded.

Why would the Rams be playing from behind when they're the quickest scoring offense in the league?

Juicey matchup for Rams WR and not even a thread bump. 5/7 games with a TD. Gurley got his. Maybe it's a "spread the wealth" type of game. 

In standard we should be thinking about it a little bit. A 3/60/1 game isn't terrible for a flex. 

On 12/8/2017 at 1:28 PM, ponza88 said:

Why would the Rams be playing from behind when they're the quickest scoring offense in the league?

You laughed, why @StevenSC400 ?

3 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

You laughed, why @StevenSC400 ?

I laughed not at you but some of the analysis on here is just scary. Why on earth would one of the highest scoring offenses in the league be playing from behind. 

Edited by StevenSC400

I'm basically holding Sammy. I was about to drop him for someone I might play on Sunday, and decided to wait a day, make sure my competition couldn't pick him up. I'm sure as heck not going to play him but I'm also not going to let him go off against me. Who knows with this dude.

10 minutes ago, kball09 said:

I'm basically holding Sammy. I was about to drop him for someone I might play on Sunday, and decided to wait a day, make sure my competition couldn't pick him up. I'm sure as heck not going to play him but I'm also not going to let him go off against me. Who knows with this dude.

I did the same thing. Always been a big fan of Sammy and know what he is capable of (when healthy). Kind of a shame he is not seeing the volume a player of his talent deserves but at least he is winning now. 

But no way was I going to let my (WR needy) opponent pick him up and watch him blow up. 

I'm starting him.  If he goes off, I'll tithe my winnings to the flat earth society.

10 hours ago, webster slaughter said:

Is this guy done?

Only if he stays with the Rams. 

Looking forward to him being Jimmy G's number one target next year. 

guy is trash. if you're gonna white knight a player, may as well pick one who's good at football