fawkes_mulder

Mitchell White -- SP Dodgers

Finished for the night.

5.0 innings (0 ER, 1H, 1 BB, 6 K); 59 pitches

Based on his performances so far, I think a promotion to AA is coming sooner than later.

Edited by Light Tower Power
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Light Tower Power said:

Law put out an updated top 50 and he placed White at #50. Stating that he has the size and delivery to be a #2 or better with 2 plus pitches.

Well deserved... White is going to continue sky rocket.  The learning curve on this guy is going to be better than most his age.  He actually had a Tommy John before he was ever a legit pitching prospect (forced him to red shirt as a Freshman).  

• Like 1

I jumped on board. Had him since the Klaw scouting report in ST in one league but just dropped Fernando Romero for him in another. The scouting reports from all over are simply too loud to ignore.

• Like 2

I prefer white to romero, but don't recommending bailing on romero.

16 minutes ago, fawkes_mulder said:

I prefer white to romero, but don't recommending bailing on romero.

Not all of us can have 50 player minor league rosters :)

1 hit in 9 IP so far, although the walks are not great. Still though, hard to not be super impressed with him so far.

My league is a 16 team 20 minor leaguers each (pitching is worth a lot), and I scooped him off the wire early in the season.

I'm always wary of any pitcher who has TJ early  (or at all for that matter)

Seems they can pitch for 2-5 years afterwards and then they need it again or lose their stuff...

22 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

1 hit in 9 IP so far, although the walks are not great. Still though, hard to not be super impressed with him so far.

My league is a 16 team 20 minor leaguers each (pitching is worth a lot), and I scooped him off the wire early in the season.

While of course you do want to see the walks improve.  In my experience guys who don't give up a lot of hits but do give up a lot of walks tend to translate better to the bigs.  Kershaw being a prime example of how he had pretty high walk rates in the minors and a really high walk rate his first year in the majors.  A lot of this I feel is due tot he fact that they have experience nibbling on that corner so they tend to find exactly where it is sooner than someone who just serves up strikes and doesn't walk anyone but surrenders a lot of hits.  Kershaw every step along the minors was under 7 hits per 9 and in the majors other than his rookie season only one other time was over 7 hits per 9 at 7.05.

• Like 1

Maybe I'm just a fan boy but almost two weeks into the season (and it's awfully early) Mitchell White is looking like the top pitcher of the draft class so far.

• Like 3

So far Mitchell White has pitched 22 innings, got 30Ks .59whip, and has not allowed a run. This is the kind of success fantasy owners like to see in their minors.

16 minutes ago, Steve gar said:

So far Mitchell White has pitched 22 innings, got 30Ks .59whip, and has not allowed a run. This is the kind of success fantasy owners like to see in their minors.

Those stats are what he did last year in 2016.

Anyway, his minor league scoreless streak is at 31 innings to begin his career between last year and this year. He did allow one unearned run.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Light Tower Power said:

Those stats are what he did last year in 2016.

Anyway, his minor league scoreless streak is at 31 innings to begin his career between last year and this year. He did allow one unearned run.

http://m.milb.com/milb/player/669952

Youre correct, I read it wrong.

White's 3rd start of the season is tonight @ Lancaster ... Can't wait to see what he does.

9 hours ago, wily mo said:

lancaster spares no man

I was worried when I saw this, but the line isn't that bad

1.2IP, 4H, 6R, 3ER, 1BB, 3Ks. They pulled him after just 24 pitches, so who knows how it would've turned out.

2 hours ago, 12to6 said:

I was worried when I saw this, but the line isn't that bad

1.2IP, 4H, 6R, 3ER, 1BB, 3Ks. They pulled him after just 24 pitches, so who knows how it would've turned out.

i mean... by his standards, it's pretty bad

Runs don't really concern me. The four hits and a walk in that time frame do tho. Wonder how those four hits went.

Regardless it's just one game. Let's hope he bounces back.

Edited by brockpapersizer

Just now, brockpapersizer said:

Runs don't really concern me. The four hits and a walk in that time frame do tho. Wonder how those four hits went.

It is just one start. He struck out three. It happens. 

3 hours ago, KTOWNRACER said:

4/28 2 2/3IP, 8H, 5ER, 1BB, 4Ks

5/3 4IP, 4H, 4ER, 4BB, 5Ks

Nothing to see here. 

2 bad starts ... I'm not worried just yet.

• Like 1

Just now, FouLLine said:

2 bad starts ... I'm not worried just yet.

AJ Puk's last few starts were bad as well .... Cal Quantrill on the other hand just had 12 K's his last start