fawkes_mulder

Mitchell White -- SP Dodgers

Wowza:

7IP 3H 1ER 0BB 8K

The funny thing is that his opponent was even better:

Justin Donatella went 7 1/3 IP, 2H, 1ER, 8Ks

• Like 1

I pray he gets a shot as a reliever in the bigs this season so he can fly under the radar and make it into the espn pool. If he makes it to the amateur draft i'll never have a shot. 

15 hours ago, joboo said:

I pray he gets a shot as a reliever in the bigs this season so he can fly under the radar and make it into the espn pool. If he makes it to the amateur draft i'll never have a shot. 

I feel like in any deep dynasty league hes on  the radar already

17 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

I feel like in any deep dynasty league hes on  the radar already

Yeah, I drafted him this year in mine.  

He may be on the radar but the fact that he's not in the ESPN universe means if he doesn't make an appearance this year in the bigs he won't get added until the offseason which means there are plenty of folks who will surely draft him before it gets to my pick. Not unreasonable that he could see some time in relief at the end of this season and challenge mid june next year for a rotation spot.

5 hours ago, joboo said:

He may be on the radar but the fact that he's not in the ESPN universe means if he doesn't make an appearance this year in the bigs he won't get added until the offseason which means there are plenty of folks who will surely draft him before it gets to my pick. Not unreasonable that he could see some time in relief at the end of this season and challenge mid june next year for a rotation spot.

Makes sense. I love the espn platform but it's pretty ridiculous in terms of adding minor leaguers.

20 hours ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Are we getting close to talking about when he'll get called up? What are you guys thinking on ETA?

No, maybe this time next year in the rosiest of projections.

Did some in depth research today on minor league pitchers and one name that kept popping up was Mitch White.. 

Basically I took all pitchers in all minor leagues that threw over 32IP thus far (fangraphs pre-set qualifier) which turned out 515 pitchers.. I usually color code the top 30 or so in some advanced pitching CATS to easily compare which pitchers are good at ALL categories.. well guess who was one in the top of almost all? 

Keep in mind this is out of 515 pitchers..

19th in GB/FB ratio at 2.65

10th highest GB% 

26th lowest Fly Ball % 

11th highest SwStr% 

I'm impressed.. couple that with the scouting reports on him lately and I'm sold. I've seen some early mid-season lists that have him in the top 100 and even top 50, which I believe to be a little pre-mature based off of 8 or 9 starts.. BUT, he certainly has the talent to be one of the better pitchers in all of minor league baseball. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Asprilla said:

He's scheduled to start tomorrow. 

Bigs or Farm? I'm guess farm based on the above comments

3 hours ago, nodnarbnap said:

Bigs or Farm? I'm guess farm based on the above comments

He's only pitched in single A and the Dodgers have so much depth they are phantom DLing guys left and right.

Farm, and I doubt he's up next year unless it's September or a bullpen role. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smarmy said:

"Pitching prospect Mitchell White is expected to be sidelined for four to six weeks with a broken toe. White, a 22-year-old right-hander, is 2-1 with a 3.72 earned-run average in nine starts for Class-A Rancho Cucamonga."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/la-sp-dodgers-report-20170607-story.html

glad its not arm related

Well this will put a damper on his breakout... Kid was about to sky rocket up the prospect rankings.

• Like 1

Promoted to AA. A bit odd, since he just got done re-habbing to get back to high-A. But he's a stud and I'm sure he can handle it.

6 hours ago, maguirekm said:

Promoted to AA. A bit odd, since he just got done re-habbing to get back to high-A. But he's a stud and I'm sure he can handle it.

dodgers also promoted alvarez and santana. I think its to make them more valuable in trade talks?

10 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

dodgers also promoted alvarez and santana. I think its to make them more valuable in trade talks?

That or potentially trying to sort out who could make the roster as a reliever once they expand in September?

• Like 1