Fort4242

Robert Kelley 2017 Outlook

Kelley has slimmed down as he enters his second season in the league, Kevin Patra of NFL.com reports. "I feel more explosive, faster, getting in and out of cuts a little better," Kelley noted.

Cant call him fat rob anymore

Edited by dashoe

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Kelley has slimmed down as he enters his second season in the league, Kevin Patra of NFL.com reports. "I feel more explosive, faster, getting in and out of cuts a little better," Kelley noted.

Cant call him fat rob anymore

Youre gonna be calling him bench Rob at some point this season.

Stop the press. It looks like there will be a RBBC in Washington.

Source: John Keim - ESPN.com

John Keim, from ESPN.com, reports that both Rob Kelley and rookie Samaje Perine will lead a solid rushing attack for Washington in 2017. In their last two home games of 2016, Washington faced Carolina (ninth in yards per attempt) and the New York Giants (second). They managed a combined 67 yards on 28 carries. They just weren't good enough versus top run defenses and that could change this season.

given where they both currently are in the rankings seems no one can figure out which rb to own or its's a rbbc regardless of all the pundits giving the job to the rookie. 16 games is a long season, so u have to draft them both if u want to own the backfield.

nice play for zero rb strategy

I'll take Kelley simply because I like his value more than Perine's if Thompson were to get banged up.  I still don't think his hands were as bad as they were made out to be so he could be a 3 down guy.  That said he's gonna need to show well in preseason if I bite at all.

Clear cut lead back in camp and freaking RW hates it already!! LOL

What did this guy do to the crew at RW?!

Funniest thing is they constantly rag on his speed and fluff Perine, but they essentially timed the same outta college!

36 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Clear cut lead back in camp and freaking RW hates it already!! LOL

What did this guy do to the crew at RW?!

Funniest thing is they constantly rag on his speed and fluff Perine, but they essentially timed the same outta college!

The blurb...

Redskins coach Jay Gruden says Rob Kelley reported "bigger and faster" this summer.

Gruden also said Kelley is more confident. With Samaje Perine struggling early in camp, the 'Skins have commenced puffing up Kelley. A 24-year-old man, we would consider it unlikely Kelley got both bigger and faster in the eight months since last season ended. Kelley broke a ton of tackles as a rookie starter, but showed little in the way of wiggle. He's in line to start Week 1, but Perine isn't going away as a threat. It figures to be a fluid situation for much of 2017. Aug 3 - 3:01 PM

The hate is strong. They doubt a 24 year old man can get bigger and faster in eight months yet they fluff up all these mid 20 year olds who claim to have put on 10-15 pounds of pure muscle in the same time frame? Good lord that's hilarious. 

Edited by Ffguy0087

3 hours ago, Ffguy0087 said:

The hate is strong. They doubt a 24 year old man can get bigger and faster in eight months yet they fluff up all these mid 20 year olds who claim to have put on 10-15 pounds of pure muscle in the same time frame? Good lord that's hilarious. 

Big difference between going from a college strength and conditioning program, even one as good as Oklahoma's, to an NFL regimen. Coupled with the fact that many men are still finishing growing around 21-22, and there are more reasons to think it's likelier with the rookies.  

Nothing against Perine or Kelly.  At the risk of alerting half my redraft league, I like Kelly this year.  I just disagree with the thought that a 24 year old veteran suddenly getting bigger and stronger is just as likely as a rookie doing so.

9 minutes ago, jbshaw said:

Big difference between going from a college strength and conditioning program, even one as good as Oklahoma's, to an NFL regimen. Coupled with the fact that many men are still finishing growing around 21-22, and there are more reasons to think it's likelier with the rookies.  

Nothing against Perine or Kelly.  At the risk of alerting half my redraft league, I like Kelly this year.  I just disagree with the thought that a 24 year old veteran suddenly getting bigger and stronger is just as likely as a rookie doing so.

I think the OP may have been referring to the puff pieces on Martavis Bryant gaining 15 lbs of muscle going unchallenged, while Kelley is being doubted by the rotoworld blurbs.

1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

I think the OP may have been referring to the puff pieces on Martavis Bryant gaining 15 lbs of muscle going unchallenged, while Kelley is being doubted by the rotoworld blurbs.

Now that's a different situation.  Sorry @Ffguy0087 if I had the wrong take on that.  

1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

Kelley/Perine draft both? 

Whats interesting about Kelley is he didn't do much in college but he was heavily involved in the receiving game. Unfortunately Chris Thompson takes away a lot of those chances. Kelley looks like a good fit for this offense, seems like it's his job to lose. 

I have always had my money of "little" Rob, even though,he got tired towards the end of the season, he filled in nicely for Matt Jones.

The excessive weight off is a plus. I see a 1000 yard season, 8 TDs. 

Source: The Washington Post - Master Tesfatsion

Washington Redskins RB Rob Kelley appears to be the clear starter in the Redskins' backfield as of now, according to The Washington Post's Master Tesfatsion. However, Tesfatsion posits that head coach Jay Gruden could go with the hot hand between Kelley and RB Samaje Perine. RB Chris Thompson will maintain his duties on third downs and in passing situations.

Edited by TX Babe Ruth

20 hours ago, boltup15 said:

Kelley/Perine draft both? 

That's the way im  heading towards. In my situation, I'm in a keeper league deciding between Kelley and Enunwa and am planning on keeping Kelley and drafting Perine. Hope that's the right decision.

Perine is gonna be lucky to see the field at this point. RK is gonna dominate the workload-

This guy seems to be going late in drafts, anyone have any idea how washington is going to split carries between their rbs?

3 minutes ago, Supamanu said:

This guy seems to be going late in drafts, anyone have any idea how washington is going to split carries between their rbs?

Looking like he will get most of the carries on 1st and second down to go along with goal line. Thompson will be the passing down back. Perine will be the backup 

1 hour ago, Supamanu said:

I don't see Perine stealing the job unless Kelley stinks up the joint. I think his job is pretty safe and he's going way too late in drafts IMO.

16 minutes ago, yanksman said:

I don't see Perine stealing the job unless Kelley stinks up the joint. I think his job is pretty safe and he's going way too late in drafts IMO.

Well then, don't be surprised to see Kelley stinking up the joint sooner than later.  Perine a much better talent and will put up better stats when Gruden finally has seen enough of Kelley plodding for 3.0 ypc.  I don't care what he's been doing in practice, if it doesn't translate on gameday (and Kelley has been garbage thru 2 weeks of preseason), then he's going to lose his starting job early in the season.

Just now, daethfromabove1979 said:

Has the Skins OL been upgraded? I watched games last year where Kelley had absolutely no space, he looks good once he has some space but it was rare 

I think they played some games without their best tackle, which I believe coincided with a chunk of Kelley's time as starter. Believe it was Trent Williams on a 4 game suspension?

8 minutes ago, rcarena said:

I think they played some games without their best tackle, which I believe coincided with a chunk of Kelley's time as starter. Believe it was Trent Williams on a 4 game suspension?

Those four games he had 97 yards, 137 yards + 3TDs, a 37 yard stinker vs Dallas which I believe was the game I watched, then 63 yards vs Arizona

so a mixed bag without Williams

i think you can expect a lot of inconsistency with Kelley this year with very little receiving yardage 

He is not sexy so you wont hear a lot..he is a starter but I expect RBBC 60/40 with Thompson on 3rd downs (maybe occasionally Perine) and Perine with majority of GL carries (I think Perine will get GLs vs Bengals and if he is ok, he will get plenty of those rest of the way).