Fort4242

Robert Kelley 2017 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Kelley has slimmed down as he enters his second season in the league, Kevin Patra of NFL.com reports. "I feel more explosive, faster, getting in and out of cuts a little better," Kelley noted.

 

Cant call him fat rob anymore

Edited by dashoe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Kelley has slimmed down as he enters his second season in the league, Kevin Patra of NFL.com reports. "I feel more explosive, faster, getting in and out of cuts a little better," Kelley noted.

 

Cant call him fat rob anymore

 

Youre gonna be calling him bench Rob at some point this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stop the press. It looks like there will be a RBBC in Washington.

 

Source: John Keim - ESPN.com

John Keim, from ESPN.com, reports that both Rob Kelley and rookie Samaje Perine will lead a solid rushing attack for Washington in 2017. In their last two home games of 2016, Washington faced Carolina (ninth in yards per attempt) and the New York Giants (second). They managed a combined 67 yards on 28 carries. They just weren't good enough versus top run defenses and that could change this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

given where they both currently are in the rankings seems no one can figure out which rb to own or its's a rbbc regardless of all the pundits giving the job to the rookie. 16 games is a long season, so u have to draft them both if u want to own the backfield.

nice play for zero rb strategy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll take Kelley simply because I like his value more than Perine's if Thompson were to get banged up.  I still don't think his hands were as bad as they were made out to be so he could be a 3 down guy.  That said he's gonna need to show well in preseason if I bite at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clear cut lead back in camp and freaking RW hates it already!! LOL

What did this guy do to the crew at RW?!

Funniest thing is they constantly rag on his speed and fluff Perine, but they essentially timed the same outta college!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Clear cut lead back in camp and freaking RW hates it already!! LOL

What did this guy do to the crew at RW?!

Funniest thing is they constantly rag on his speed and fluff Perine, but they essentially timed the same outta college!

The blurb...

 

Redskins coach Jay Gruden says Rob Kelley reported "bigger and faster" this summer.

Gruden also said Kelley is more confident. With Samaje Perine struggling early in camp, the 'Skins have commenced puffing up Kelley. A 24-year-old man, we would consider it unlikely Kelley got both bigger and faster in the eight months since last season ended. Kelley broke a ton of tackles as a rookie starter, but showed little in the way of wiggle. He's in line to start Week 1, but Perine isn't going away as a threat. It figures to be a fluid situation for much of 2017. Aug 3 - 3:01 PM

 

The hate is strong. They doubt a 24 year old man can get bigger and faster in eight months yet they fluff up all these mid 20 year olds who claim to have put on 10-15 pounds of pure muscle in the same time frame? Good lord that's hilarious. 

 

Edited by Ffguy0087

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ffguy0087 said:

 

The hate is strong. They doubt a 24 year old man can get bigger and faster in eight months yet they fluff up all these mid 20 year olds who claim to have put on 10-15 pounds of pure muscle in the same time frame? Good lord that's hilarious. 

 

Big difference between going from a college strength and conditioning program, even one as good as Oklahoma's, to an NFL regimen. Coupled with the fact that many men are still finishing growing around 21-22, and there are more reasons to think it's likelier with the rookies.  

 

Nothing against Perine or Kelly.  At the risk of alerting half my redraft league, I like Kelly this year.  I just disagree with the thought that a 24 year old veteran suddenly getting bigger and stronger is just as likely as a rookie doing so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jbshaw said:

Big difference between going from a college strength and conditioning program, even one as good as Oklahoma's, to an NFL regimen. Coupled with the fact that many men are still finishing growing around 21-22, and there are more reasons to think it's likelier with the rookies.  

 

Nothing against Perine or Kelly.  At the risk of alerting half my redraft league, I like Kelly this year.  I just disagree with the thought that a 24 year old veteran suddenly getting bigger and stronger is just as likely as a rookie doing so.

 

I think the OP may have been referring to the puff pieces on Martavis Bryant gaining 15 lbs of muscle going unchallenged, while Kelley is being doubted by the rotoworld blurbs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

 

I think the OP may have been referring to the puff pieces on Martavis Bryant gaining 15 lbs of muscle going unchallenged, while Kelley is being doubted by the rotoworld blurbs.

 

Now that's a different situation.  Sorry @Ffguy0087 if I had the wrong take on that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

 

I think the OP may have been referring to the puff pieces on Martavis Bryant gaining 15 lbs of muscle going unchallenged, while Kelley is being doubted by the rotoworld blurbs.

 

 

Kelley/Perine draft both? 

 

Whats interesting about Kelley is he didn't do much in college but he was heavily involved in the receiving game. Unfortunately Chris Thompson takes away a lot of those chances. Kelley looks like a good fit for this offense, seems like it's his job to lose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have always had my money of "little" Rob, even though,he got tired towards the end of the season, he filled in nicely for Matt Jones.

The excessive weight off is a plus. I see a 1000 yard season, 8 TDs. 

 

Source: The Washington Post - Master Tesfatsion

Washington Redskins RB Rob Kelley appears to be the clear starter in the Redskins' backfield as of now, according to The Washington Post's Master Tesfatsion. However, Tesfatsion posits that head coach Jay Gruden could go with the hot hand between Kelley and RB Samaje Perine. RB Chris Thompson will maintain his duties on third downs and in passing situations.

Edited by TX Babe Ruth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, boltup15 said:

 

Kelley/Perine draft both? 

That's the way im  heading towards. In my situation, I'm in a keeper league deciding between Kelley and Enunwa and am planning on keeping Kelley and drafting Perine. Hope that's the right decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perine is gonna be lucky to see the field at this point. RK is gonna dominate the workload-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy seems to be going late in drafts, anyone have any idea how washington is going to split carries between their rbs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Supamanu said:

This guy seems to be going late in drafts, anyone have any idea how washington is going to split carries between their rbs?

Looking like he will get most of the carries on 1st and second down to go along with goal line. Thompson will be the passing down back. Perine will be the backup 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Supamanu said:

This guy seems to be going late in drafts, anyone have any idea how washington is going to split carries between their rbs?

I don't see Perine stealing the job unless Kelley stinks up the joint. I think his job is pretty safe and he's going way too late in drafts IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, yanksman said:

I don't see Perine stealing the job unless Kelley stinks up the joint. I think his job is pretty safe and he's going way too late in drafts IMO.

Well then, don't be surprised to see Kelley stinking up the joint sooner than later.  Perine a much better talent and will put up better stats when Gruden finally has seen enough of Kelley plodding for 3.0 ypc.  I don't care what he's been doing in practice, if it doesn't translate on gameday (and Kelley has been garbage thru 2 weeks of preseason), then he's going to lose his starting job early in the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, daethfromabove1979 said:

Has the Skins OL been upgraded? I watched games last year where Kelley had absolutely no space, he looks good once he has some space but it was rare 

I think they played some games without their best tackle, which I believe coincided with a chunk of Kelley's time as starter. Believe it was Trent Williams on a 4 game suspension?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, rcarena said:

I think they played some games without their best tackle, which I believe coincided with a chunk of Kelley's time as starter. Believe it was Trent Williams on a 4 game suspension?

 

Those four games he had 97 yards, 137 yards + 3TDs, a 37 yard stinker vs Dallas which I believe was the game I watched, then 63 yards vs Arizona

 

so a mixed bag without Williams

 

i think you can expect a lot of inconsistency with Kelley this year with very little receiving yardage 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is not sexy so you wont hear a lot..he is a starter but I expect RBBC 60/40 with Thompson on 3rd downs (maybe occasionally Perine) and Perine with majority of GL carries (I think Perine will get GLs vs Bengals and if he is ok, he will get plenty of those rest of the way). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.