Fort4242

Robert Kelley 2017 Outlook

Perine and Kelley owners will need Tylenol every Sunday, both gonna be good, just not enough reps to justify anything more than an RB3.

I think the both have at least 2000 total yards combines, but deciding each week on who to start will be maddening...............

Upside not with Kelley though, PPR leagues at least

4 hours ago, LuckyLukas said:

He is not sexy so you wont hear a lot..he is a starter but I expect RBBC 60/40 with Thompson on 3rd downs (maybe occasionally Perine) and Perine with majority of GL carries (I think Perine will get GLs vs Bengals and if he is ok, he will get plenty of those rest of the way). 

Yea I am not so sure that they are looking to replace the quite capable Kelley at the goal-line for a rook that has had fumbling problems in camp. I fully expect Rob to maintain a healthy share of the carries. Certainly Thompson will see a carry here and there and the vast majority of passing game work. The line is Was is solid and the offense will be in position to score plenty. Rob is very underrated, possibly a product of RW bs smear efforts?

Bottom line is Used to Be Fat Rob is reliable and has the coaches confidence, nothing infuriates a coach more than  #2 a rb that fails to make his block to protect the QB on a pass play and  #1 FUMBLING.  Kelley protects the ball and samajae will have to do alot to move kelley from his position.

There is too much talk about that fumble.  Clearly there is no fumbling problem at all..both backs were terrible week 1, perine was great week 2 and he should build his confidence on that. 

Looks like Kelley will be Week 1 starter but not for long, maybe couple weeks. And it's not even about Rob Kelley. It's all about Perine. Dont get me wrong. I like Kelley because he is a hard-worker, but in terms of talent and natural abilities it's not even close - Perine is far superior. 

Kelley is solid worker - he does what he is asked for, but he doesnt break tackles, he isnt fast, he isnt creative, he isnt explosive etc. Perine breaks tacklers, he is like bulldozer, he makes yards out of nothing, he can go outside, through the middle and his hands are much better than people think based on his drop Week 1 Preseaspn. But if he can build up on that performance against Packers, he will be the starter sooner than later. He is better and cheaper now, so if any of them is underrated, it's Perine, not Kelley. Im holding and buying and If Gruden tries him at GL today, Im all in, if not it takes more time.

Idk man. Nothing your saying has any absolution to it and it basically all hyperbole. Perine does not have more anything than big Rob...other than college production and that means squat now. Kelley is the guy and he's not going anywhere. Kelley breaks plenty of tackles also--not sure where you are getting your info but it's just wrong. Also no clue what makes you think Perine is going to get goal-line work...you are just grasping for hope as a Perine owner.

fat rob doesn't look fat anymore more...some nice agility today...did you see that spin move? and nice 21 yard carry too 

1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Idk man. Nothing your saying has any absolution to it and it basically all hyperbole. Perine does not have more anything than big Rob...other than college production and that means squat now. Kelley is the guy and he's not going anywhere. Kelley breaks plenty of tackles also--not sure where you are getting your info but it's just wrong. Also no clue what makes you think Perine is going to get goal-line work...you are just grasping for hope as a Perine owner.

I own them both, so that's not the case. If you think they are both equally talented, you are wrong. I was wrong about current game, but I still think Perine will take over this season. He may need more time than I assumed, that's all. If I am wrong, I ll be the first to admit it.

Yeah, it doesn't look like Kelley will lose the job unless he blows it big time. The coaching staff seems to love him for some reason, and the Skins seem pretty committed to running the Kelley/Thompson duo like last year. I think it really depends on how you feel about the offensive line.

Starting RB for a high powered offense with a very good o-line. Seems like this guy is flying under the radar. 240 carries and 20 receptions with all the GL work seems about right to me. Could see this guy getting 1200 total yards and 10 TD's. Even if Parine starts cutting in to his carries I still think Fat Rob keeps the short yardage job because he always moved forward, gets what's blocked, and doesn't fumble. 

24 minutes ago, RiffRaffMcGrath said:

But can we stop calling him "Fat Rob"?  Terrible nickname - he doesn't even look fat.   

I suggest "BortaF" 

yes.  

12 hours ago, TommyKramer said:

Starting RB for a high powered offense with a very good o-line. Seems like this guy is flying under the radar. 240 carries and 20 receptions with all the GL work seems about right to me. Could see this guy getting 1200 total yards and 10 TD's. Even if Parine starts cutting in to his carries I still think Fat Rob keeps the short yardage job because he always moved forward, gets what's blocked, and doesn't fumble. 

Man if he got that, He's stealing Lynch's Beast-mode skittles away from him considering where they both were drafted.

What do you guys make of his week 1 performance? I didn't watch the game but his stats look pretty pathetic.

13 minutes ago, Squidward said:

What do you guys make of his week 1 performance? I didn't watch the game but his stats look pretty pathetic.

I'm looking to buy super low.

15 minutes ago, Squidward said:

We all know this guy isn't a special talent.  these types of games are to be expected.  He'll be fine

29 minutes ago, Squidward said:

I watched the game, the whole offense looked terrible. Offensive line got dominated by the eagles front 7. On one play I thought Kelley had a good 5 yard run, then I realized he was met 5 yards in the backfield and only got back to the line of scrimmage.

Eagles defense dominated the game

Wondering myself. Sitting on Perine wondering if he has a few string of games with 3 yds per carry if they make a change. 

I think Washington is going to be one of the worst RB black holes in the fantasy universe this year.  Kelley is JAG, Perine is sounding like JAG or just a bit better but with no ability to understand the game of football, and Thompson is incapable of handling traditional running back duties and is marooned to passing situations.  There's little commitment to the run here, they looked awful in the opener, don't have a great schedule, have an early bye, the QB wants to leave the team... about as many red flags as we can throw up.  

The good news is that Kelley and Perine were very cheap so it's not like anyone has massive capital tied up in them.  Hope for one of them to solidify the job and put up like 800 total yards and 7 TDs.  That wouldn't be worth much in PPR but would be a flex player in standard.