Fort4242

Robert Kelley 2017 Outlook

I think he's worth a hold but I would do what I can to avoid having to roll him out there again until we have a better idea of what that offense is actually going to do. 

1 hour ago, hangin n wangin said:

How are we feeling about this fat a** against the Rams?

Expect 30-45 yards rushing, 0-1 catch, and pray for a TD, basically.  In fact with the exception of Week 6 (SF) and Week 11 (NO) this will be my official projection for Washington's #1 RB pretty much every game between here and Thanksgiving.

4 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

Expect 30-45 yards rushing, 0-1 catch, and pray for a TD, basically.  In fact with the exception of Week 6 (SF) and Week 11 (NO) this will be my official projection for Washington's #1 RB pretty much every game between here and Thanksgiving.

Unless they wise up and give Perine a shot.  He's a guy that can run with power, make some cuts and catch.  They wouldn't be so one dimensional if they started working him in.  He clearly has more upside to me than Kelly.

I just don't get the love affair the coaching staff has with Kelly.  Yeah, he was better than M Jones....Well, that isn't saying much considering Jones can't even make a roster anywhere else.

I'd imagine its not a large fracture if they're not sure? I'd think an xray would reveal if it was a clear fracture. 

Day to Day. He's tough he will get back out there pretty quick. Looked great prior to going down and Perine did nothing to capitalize. Rob is gonna be hungry-

IMO dude has always looked decent, simply the type of guy that needs volume to get going and grind it out. Issue was with Gruden going non-logically pass heavy in most games but apparently realized this week after watching some film that you indeed need to run the ball to have success in the NFL. Hopefully he'll make the same decision going forward

He was just dropped in my PPR pay league, with a 6person bench.

I'd have to drop someone like Howard (Chicago), Abdullah or Sproles, so I probably won't , but it's definitely tempting seeing him on the wire.... at some point the Washington offense has to do something right?

Any updates on him for this week? I want to play him in the Flex, but if he's hurt I guess it's smart not to. He looked good last week when he was playing. Too bad Thompson vultured the TDs

1 minute ago, atdharris said:

Any updates on him for this week? I want to play him in the Flex, but if he's hurt I guess it's smart not to. He looked good last week when he was playing. Too bad Thompson vultured the TDs

Thompson didnt vulture the TDs.... if you watched any bit of the game, you would see that Thompson straight up earned those TDs

32 minutes ago, csv2209 said:

Thompson didnt vulture the TDs.... if you watched any bit of the game, you would see that Thompson straight up earned those TDs

The good thing about Thompson is that he will never vulture TDs. All his TDs will be outside the 20 or on 3rd down out of shot gun in the redzone.

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

The good thing about Thompson is that he will never vulture TDs. All his TDs will be outside the 20 or on 3rd down out of shot gun in the redzone.

Exactly, but too bad our guy hasn't even scored one yet. 

I'm worried that the rookie keeps eating snaps even when Kelley's back and this thing blows into a timeshare that we can't even trust for a Flex play

4 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Exactly, but too bad our guy hasn't even scored one yet. 

I'm worried that the rookie keeps eating snaps even when Kelley's back and this thing blows into a timeshare that we can't even trust for a Flex play

Oh Kelleys not my guy. I hope he fails so Perine can become a flex from my bench.

I don't really think that happens though. He hasn't shown much. If Kelley sits this week and Perine impresses maybe but otherwise it should be his unless he begins to fumble.

2 hours ago, atdharris said:

Think I saw somewhere he was in pads at practice today.  

I own both Kelly and Perine and not playing either one at the moment.  I just want one of them to step up with some production although I'm quietly rooting for Perine.  I just think Perine has the chance to be a little more explosive.

20 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Oh Kelleys not my guy. I hope he fails so Perine can become a flex from my bench.

I don't really think that happens though. He hasn't shown much. If Kelley sits this week and Perine impresses maybe but otherwise it should be his unless he begins to fumble.

haha OkOk. He's 1/2 my guy. Have him in one league not in another.

But he did just get dropped in my PPR league. So I've considered grabbing him but haven't pulled the trigger....

Because even in my other league where I have him, I don't like him much haha

I've Never had success with WAS RBs... I missed out on Alf the year he went bananas...

Kelley (ribs) is practicing Wednesday, Nora Princiotti of The Washington Times reports.

Added 2:28 pm (EST
Redskins coach Jay Gruden initially feared Kelley suffered a broken rib when the running back had to make an early exit from Sunday's 27-20 win over the Rams. It turns out Kelley escaped with a rib cartilage injury, which at least gives him a shot to avoid any further missed time. He vastly outplayed Samaje Perine in Sunday's, piling up 78 yards on only 12 carries, while the rookie needed 21 totes to reach 67 yards. The drastic split in efficiency serves as confirmation of Kelley's role as Washington's lead runner, assuming he's available for Sunday's game against Oakland. His ability to practice Wednesday puts him on the right path, even if he ends up being listed as a limited participant on the official injury report.

Rotoworld back at it with the unjustified hate on Fat Rob, couldn't help but to smile at this nonsense : "With Samaje Perine and Chris Thompson's impressive performances against the Rams last week, it's unclear how this backfield is going to shake out."

18 hours ago, calibar said:

Rotoworld back at it with the unjustified hate on Fat Rob, couldn't help but to smile at this nonsense : "With Samaje Perine and Chris Thompson's impressive performances against the Rams last week, it's unclear how this backfield is going to shake out."

I didn't catch the game but was Perine really "impressive"? His 21 carries for 67 yards (3.19ypc) doesn't scream impressive to me, especially considering Rob piled up 78 yards on 12 carries (6.5 ypc) in the same game. 

I can see why Rob is on the wire, the entire offense is stinking it up.

I watched Rob play and he is explosive but seems to run like he hit a brick wall. It drives me crazy, because that first burst is so dynamic and eye catching and then bump smack into a wall. He needs volume to get his juices flowing.

I had Kelley last year and he was a pleasant surprise. He is not explosive, but CONSISTENTLY gets 4 yards+ per carry. And the coaches feed him, so it translates to a nice 80/90 yardage game, or at least it did last season. He's a bruiser and I think that's what they like about him. Doesn't get a lot of negative plays and doesn't really fumble. 

He has a pretty solid floor assuming he stays healthy, but also has a pretty limited ceiling. I doubt you'll ever see him getting 150+ yards or 2 TDs in a game. As a RB3 or a flex, there's much worse plays at the position. And Perine looked like absolute hot garbage. Suddenly a defense that Fat Rob was gashing for 6+ YPC was holding Perine to 3 yards. Literally the opposite of capitalizing on the opportunity. If Kelley had stayed healthy in that game, he would have EASILY had a 100+ yard game and be a top pickup this week.

Edited by gimme the ball

3 minutes ago, gimme the ball said:

I had Kelley last year 

I doubt you'll ever see him getting 150+ yards or 2 TDs in a game. As a RB3 or a flex, there's much worse plays at the position.

no, but you'll get 137/3 - as he did to the Pack last year on SNF - as an owner last season you must have remembered that, no?

6 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

no, but you'll get 137/3 - as he did to the Pack last year on SNF - as an owner last season you must have remembered that, no?

Just like he probably would have had 150 & 1-2 last week if he stayed upright. Those are rare exceptions to the rule, but certainly possible.

Edited by gimme the ball